Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 1

Airbag warning light

I had the same Air Bag light issue on my 03 after my wife drove it. She had moved the seat foward. I securely fastened the connector (i think it had yellow wires) with zip ties and the problem was solved.
  2. 1

Factory security system and remote starrt

I forgot to mention that you don't have to leave a cut PATS key in the box. The trick is, get a non-PATS key cut for your truck. Then go through the add a key programing steps When it's time for you to insert the PATS key, put in the non PATS key, with the PATS key head touching the non PATS...
  3. 1

Factory security system and remote starrt

I have a 2003 xls. I installed an omega MARS remote start keyless entry system about three months ago. The MARS unit was $40 New from ebay, PATS key bypass was $5 again from ebay. I used the PATS bypass that requires a key in a box under the dash (I got the blank PATS key from ebay also $15)...
  4. 1

'02 Explorer Lift Gate Splitting

I'm not sure what it is, but I like it. Some mysterious out of warranty adjustment. I really wish I would have known about this last year when my 99 XLS crankshaft broke at 41,519 miles.
  5. 1

'02 Explorer Lift Gate Splitting

Got my cracked tailgate fixed, FREE !!! I just bought a 2003 XLS with 72500 miles. I bought it on a Tues, Wed morning I go outside to put stuff in it (it's 15 degrees out). As I attempt to close the gate, it doesn't latch, so I push it harder and it splits vertically about 5 inches to the right...
  6. 1

Need help to break into my Explorer

Have someone at home photocopy a door key, then get it faxed/emailed to you, buy a ford keyblank and start filing by hand until it matches the photocopy
  7. 1

Who Has Experienced A Broken Crankshaft???

Sorry to hear you have the same luck as I do ! If you can get a just the crank replaced for $ 800ish DO that.My crankshaft broke off clean outside of the bearing an therefore no internal damage resulted. As long as the engine was well maintained you should be fine with just a crank. I would...
  8. 1

Who Has Experienced A Broken Crankshaft???

Crankshaft breakage I have a 99 XLS and my crankshaft broke last spring at 41,519 miles. I had owned the EX for about a year prior to this, and when I bought it it had about 31,000 miles. I had no idea how it was maintained before I got it (It was a lease turn in), but I have maintained it...
  9. 1

BROKEN CRANKSHAFT ! Anyone else ever had this happen?

I just thought I'd give an update on my crankshaft. I put about 800 miles on it so far with no problems yet. The only snag I ran into was that I bent over a pin on the PCM during re-assembly, which gave me a check engine light. Once I realized what I did and fixed it everything was ok. Good luck...
  10. 1

Name That Ford!!

1974 Torino Elite
  11. 1

Code P1400 DPFE ???

Well just I replaced the DPFE, reset the computer and ran the truck for 2 driving cycles, and the light came back on. $53 down the drain. I have to stay away from the Explorer right now cause I really want to smack it with a hammer :hammer: Any advice on checking for shorts would help Thanks
  12. 1

Code P1400 DPFE ???

Here is the deal, My crank broke with 41,519 miles 4.0 OHV (there is a previous Post about that if you care). Anyways I got my 99 XLS back together and it is running great, BUT the "service engine light soon" is on. So I went to a friend with a cheap OBD2 scanner and pulled a code, P1400...
  13. 1

It's back together and running, so far so good, put about 7 miles on it This site is great thanks to all who replied to my posts
  14. 1

also the engine is back in and I'm hooking up everything today. With any luck it will be running today or tommorrow
  15. 1

There are only 41,519 miles on the truck (2 of those from towing it home from work), so it really does not need to be rebuilt. The bearings show almost no wear, and it is very clean inside the engine. :exp:
  16. 1

This is a design or casting/materials failure. I am more angry that Ford :hammer: won't acknowledge this than I am at having to replace the crank. They feel this is acceptable given that it is out of warranty. Lucky for me I can replace this myself, but what about people who can't turn a...
  17. 1

Here is a link to pictures of the wounded Crankshaft, I am waiting for the new one, should be here tommorrow. So I though I'd snap a couple pics http://mysite.verizon.net/vze72qeu/explorer%20crankshaft.htm
  18. 1

Crank Crankshaft will be about $300 with gaskets and new oil & filter and antifreeze. Used motor about $600 for a 70k $1000+ for 40k Labor, and quality time with my Explorer; Priceless
  19. 1

Ford told me where to put my broken crankshaft First I called the Dealer to tell them about my unfortunate Harmonic balancer departure due to a BROKEN crankshaft. They asked for my VIN and told me there was a recall on a seat bolt. I said "I don't think that will fix my broken crankshaft" he...
  20. 1

I got out of work yesterday and got into my 99 XLS (4.0l OHV w/41000 miles) and started it. It ran for about 5 seconds then BAM ! It sounds like someone hit the engine with a sledge hammer, then it stops running. I look under the hood hoping to see a ripped serpentine belt. No such luck. Looking...
Back