1. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

What combo of lift did you use?
  2. S

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Inspection & Repair

The new and old seemed to have the same amount of tension in the spring
  3. S

How to: SOHC V6 Timing Chain Inspection & Repair

Ok I changed both screw in hydraulic tensioners on my 03 v6 because of rattle on cold starts. Seemed good at first but the next day the rattle got worse as in constant while driving even when hot. I replaced the front new tensioner with the old and now seems normal. Could the new one been faulty...
  4. S

Alarm Goes Off at Turn of the Ignition

So I was just getting ready to tow it to an automotive electric shop when I decided to look it over once more. Come to find out my mechanically inclined brother in law, wink wink, who helped me get it back together hadn't tightened the bolt in the main connector on the passenger side. Tightened...
  5. S

Ok after three days I was ready to tow it to an auto electric shop and decided to give our one more shot. Come to find out my mechanically inclined brother in law, wink wink, hasn't tightened the bolt going thru the main connector on the passenger side! Tightened it down and everything works...
  6. S

How to: 3rd Gen - Dash Removal and Heater Core Change

Ok so after pulling my hair or for 3 days I found that my helper didn't tighten the bolt going thru the main harness connector on the passenger side , doh! Tightened her down and bingo everything works. Thanks again for the wright up don't think I could have done it without it
  7. S

How to: 3rd Gen - Dash Removal and Heater Core Change

Great wright up! I have one problem however. .. after I got it all back together my alarm goes off every time I try to start the car. Tried unlocking every way possible but nothing. Any ideas?
  8. S

Ok, so in my 2003 Explorer XLT 4 door v6, when I turn the key to start the alarm starts going off. The only way I have been able to get it to stop is by disconnecting the battery. I can reconnect the battery but again when I turn the key to start the alarm goes off. It will not start or even...
  9. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

What lift are you running? Looks good
  10. S

leak in drain line for sunroof

Just fixed mine! The passenger side front house was clogged. I got the headliner pulled down just enough. Pulled the house off and blew some compressed air through it. Went ahead and did the same for the other 3. Thread was a big help!
  11. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

What is your lift and tire combo? Looks great!
  12. S

rear dif rebuild help

I did have to change the carrier shims to get it just right while previously in Mustang rears I was able to reuse the factory shims. I used the factory shims in the pinion but could have gotten a better contact patch if I had changed them but it was close enough. I also changed the seals and the...
  13. S

rear dif rebuild help

Yep my carrier bearing on the driver side looked like a rat had chewed on it and completely feel apart when I pulled it out
  14. S

rear dif rebuild help

Not offended. Written words may be perceived differently. , maybe I did put something in wrong. I think if I had put new gears in it would have been perfect but they weren't available at the time. I'm planning on putting on 33s in the near future. After I do I may up the gears to 373 or 410...
  15. S

rear dif rebuild help

While possible I did f it up I followed the manual to the t. I have set up 2 different 8.8s in mustangs successfully and am a machinist by trade. I have put together much more complicated devices than a ring and pinion. These things suck lol
  16. S

rear dif rebuild help

So I ended up rebuilding it myself. Got the cobra 8.8 dif from summit. Bearing and seals from advance auto. I re used the ring and pinion only because it looked to be in good shape and the ford racing 355s were on back order thru summit. Had to replace the driver side rear cv axle because it...
  17. S

3rd gen ex irs

I ended up getting the cobra 8.8 trac loc diff 31 spline from summit racing. Relatively cheap for positive traction
  18. S

Airbag Code 34

My airbag light was on and failed for inspection on my 2003 Ex xlt 4x4 V6. After some research. I determined it was the white connectors under the seat. I used electrical contact cleaner spray to clean them out. Disconnect the battery first. After spraying them out thoroughly let it dry over...
  19. S

Photos 3rd gen pic's

Man that looks sweet! What type lift do you have and what size are those tires? Nice rig!
  20. S

BTF Fabrication Explorer Lift Coil Spacer discussions

Do you guys know of any performance shocks other than the quick lifts or coil overs?
  21. S

Help with lift

What schedule pipe did you use and plate thickness? Did you need a jig to keep it from warping while welding? If you have some dimensions that would be awesome! I am thinking of making my own as well.
  22. S

Reason I ask is I want a lift and want to add a performance shock. The only performance shock I can find are the rancho quick lifts but want more lift than they provide. I want to add a Shim maybe 3/8 or so, whatever will fit. I like the spacers but want a performance shock. Any thoughts...
  23. S

Anyone ever try adding shims using the extra length of thread on the studs? Shim between the top of the strut and the shock tower. I hadn't checked how much extra thread length protrudes beyond the nuts.
  24. S

Will i have problems....285 tires...V6?

Anyone ever tried 35s?
  25. S

Rancho Quick Lift

I am no where near an expert but you can get the spacers from Traxda or Truxx, I think they are one in the same. Also btf makes some that are 3" and they sell after market upper control arms. I think you won't need the arm unless you go with 3" spacers, 1.75 should be fine with the stock arm...
Back