Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Photos show off your LOWERED truck

mine is just the base model 2.3 4cyl... So far its been good to me.. when I get it it was the base model that you could get plus the extra cab.. come a long way since its start in sept of 95...
  2. N

Photos show off your LOWERED truck

dang forgot about this post.... Here is how it looks now... Got new rims for the Ranger a couple months ago.. They are 20" chrome TSW Mondellos ..
  3. N

bagged pictures

I would say stay away from shockwaves on the front of a vehicle.. Especially a truck.. I've heard way to many horror stories from them. Plus a friend of mine had them on the front of his blazer.. Didn't last to long till they broke... If your going to bag it.. Use bags..
  4. N

audio stuff...HELP!

Here is a pic I have of a 02 Explorer.. You can use the floor underneath the back seats (unless you have a 3rd row). You can probably get a single 10 in the front compartment (should be enough airspace). This of course the guy went above cause he wanted more subs..
  5. N

Anyone sellings 20's?

try Ebay.. Best bet to get wheels online.. Otherwise try Craigslist.com.. I know locally here in San Diego there is a few people selling $20's..
  6. N

What is the best street tire out there?

I like the Toyo Open Country's that I have on my 02.. Got them for a really good price and they handle pretty well.. I don't hear the road noise on the inside of the cabin of the explorer but my brother in law said they do hum when I went by him on his bike.. I like the tread pattern of these...
  7. N

bagged pictures

when you lift or raise your truck the alignment will change through the arc of the circle. Not sure how high he lifts his to drive but my ranger has just a slight bit of negative camber when I drive.. Of course mine isn't a daily driver so it really doesn't matter to me.. Here is a picture...
  8. N

bagged pictures

Just wondering cause I know I just got mine.. If they were hard smooth rubber I'd keep an eye on them.. The bags that I had to replace I had for about a year when they went.. The rubber that they used just had problems.. The new bags I don't see them having any problems.. Also when I say...
  9. N

How do 22s affect driving?

A lifted truck that will never hit the dirt.. Street only This truck is either rollin on 22's or 20's .. Can't remember the pic was taken last april..
  10. N

Toyo makes Open Country MT's 38X15.50R20 37X13.50R20 40X15.50R22 37X13.50R22 and soon 37X13.50R24 Open Country AT's LT355/60R20 LT305/55R20 LT325/50R22 Nitto Mud Grappler LT 35X12.50R20 LT 37X13.50R20 LT 38X15.50R20 LT 37X13.50R22 LT 40X15.50R22 Terra...
  11. N

Do I have an alarm on my truck

its the PATS chip... Passive Anti Theft System.. All it does is not allow the truck to start without having a key that the computer "knows".. In order to program a spare key you have to have atleast 2 keys.. All new cars come with this basic theft deterent system..
  12. N

Why do you have to be a rapper to have 22's on a full size chevy? Price of 22's have come down a lot in the last year or so.. Ever since 26's and 27's have hit the market 22's are a lot cheaper.. Shoot factory trucks come with 20's .. Hmm.. Wonder when my racord is going to come out.. I got...
  13. N

they still hydroplane.. The wider you go the more contact patch you have. While yes they are meant to push the water out they can only do so much.. This is a drastic example but a friend of mine put a set of 295 rear tires on the rear of his Silverado and the first rain that he went through...
  14. N

bagged pictures

looking good.. Which bags are you using? Kind of looks like slam specialties.. If they are slam specialties did you get them new or used? Just wondering cause their old ones had some rubber issues.. They since changed the rubber that they used before. I just got a couple of bags replaced...
  15. N

don't forget the wider your tires are the more they will track on the ruts.. Also the wider they are the more your prone to hydroplaning..
  16. N

MT Baja Belted 35x17.5 vs DC F-C Kevlar 36x16.5

haven't had them but a friend of mine did so I know the MT wear really quickly.. Not sure about the FC's though haven't seen anyone run those... Most of the people I know all run Toyo Open Country MTR's ..
  17. N

Tires for my 93 EB

well of course the easy thing would be to take the tires off and then take them in and have them mounted. There are a lot of shops due to the roll over problems that won't mount larger tires on a explorer.. However there are a lot of tire companies that will.. I would just go to another place if...
  18. N

New rims..

well the truck is on airbags.. same thing as hydrolics but it uses air to go up and down instead of fluid.. Here is a demonstration what it will do.. It will go from here to here Those pictures of course were with my old rims.. As I let the air out of the front the tire will go...
  19. N

New rims..

Turning out.. are you talking about the negative camber that the truck gets? If so thats all fixable with a flick of a switch.. The truck is on a adjustable air supension. The front tires will go from negative camber to positive camber.. Thanks for the compliments ....
  20. N

Tred Life

hope this helps.. http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/general/replacewhen.jsp Depending on the tires... 8/32 may or may not be a lot of tread left..
  21. N

Ranger mods...

I'd check ebay for your cobra replica's.. You should be able to get them pretty cheap .. think I found a set shipped for like $500 or so.. As far as the tach if its not raining I'll check under the hood.. If I remember correctly its a brown wire that you splice into but I am not 100% sure...
  22. N

New rims..

I know its not a explorer but hey got new rims for the Ranger.. went out last weekend and got a set of chrome TSW Mondello 20's.. Rolling on 245/35/20's .. Good thing I got the explorer as a daily driver.. Potholes suck here in cali.. Couple of weeks ago after the rains I was...
  23. N

Radio Antenna Too Long, is there a shorter antenna that would work?

you can always get one of those billet antenna's ... Here is a auction for one for $25 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=6763&item=7954678324&rd=1
  24. N

newbie..a bit...about wheel spacers..

wouldn't recommend putting adapters on your current rims.. You will put to much stress on the suspension than what its desinged for. (Bearings, lugs, etc..) I currently run adapters on my ranger but I have wheels with a FWD offset. With the Adapters the wheels sit where they would normally...
  25. N

How the H-E-double hockey sticks do I get wider tires on my 2002 XLT

I know I fit a little wider tires without any problems.. When I had a couple of holes in the 235/70 factories I went to a 245/70 Toyo Open Country.. Got a really good deal on them was like $75 a piece.. I have seen a couple other people on here with 265/70's on stock rims on the newer 4 doors..
Back