Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Does anyone know how to read ABS codes without a tool?

Won't autozone hook you up to a code reader for $25?
  2. D

Decision Point- need your help

Well a friend of mine pointed me to a transmission shop a few miles south of here (in woodbridge, va) who will do it for around $2200 with a complete rebuild and a 2 year warranty. I'll be dropping it off on Sunday--Thanks for all of your help guys.
  3. D

overdrive flashing irregulary

I'm going through it right now--it's likely due to the notorious transmission slip in 2nd/3rd gear. If that's what it is, the more you drive, the more damage you may be doing. Take it somewhere and get the codes read (My code was T0732-"Gear 2 Incorrect ratio"). Right now I'm looking at...
  4. D

Dan-thanks-I did have them run the code, but I didn't check it out here. Thanks for all of the advice guys.
  5. D

The O/D light flashed for the second time in a week, so I took my sport by AAMCO to take a look at it-turns out that theres a problem with second gear. I'm at a decision point here and I need your help: It's going to cost $700 just to pull the transmission to take a look at it, then a...
  6. D

changing the front of my explorer sport

I think if you just want to replace the bumper, you're going to have a hard time since the bumper & grill are one piece. You'll need to do a full swap (fenders forward) from an Aviator or newer model X. Has it been done, probably. Is it easy, or bolt on, probably not. Keep us posted though...
  7. D

Best 3" Drop Shock?

explorer express sells a drop shock with the X-Spec suspension--Its the Edelbrock IAS Performer shock. It should work well with a 3" drop. . Cheers.:salute:
  8. D

just wanted to show her off (02 sport 2dr)

Can you give a quick run-down on how you did this? Did you prime it at all? How has it stood up to the elements? Thanks-and sweet X.
  9. D

Bad ABS--Question

Thanks guys for the input. I found a place to do the work for a bit less--I don't have a garage to pull the axle, so I figure as long as they're in there, they can do the parking brakes and everything else. Additionally, my VA inspection is up at the end of this month, and this had to be fixed...
  10. D

A different kind of Power Window problem

I had the same problem on my driver's side window switch--just the button to actuate the Driver window, not the passenger, it worked fine. It turns out it was just the contacts inside the button. I ended up replacing the entire unit-it was $50 bucks and about 10 minutes of my time.
  11. D

Bad ABS--Question

So my ABS light came on and thanks to the search function-I checked the codes, and took it to a mechanic--Here's what I need: -New Rear Brakes -Left Rear Axle Seal -Replace E-Brake Shoes -Replace brake fluid -Replace Rear ABS Sensor My question--How hard/involved is this job? I'm just...
  12. D

Dopler174 Topless?

There's a bronco running around up here with a slantback canvas top. He has a piece of clear vinyl. They sell it in alot of places, probably even a fabric store. you can sew it in or have a canvas awning shop sew it in for you and they'll have the ability to double stitch it and may even be...
  13. D

Gas/Electric Hybrid Engine Conversion

you might do better to do a full on EV conversion. evparts.com is a good resource. I dont' know of any explorers specifically, but there have been S-10s & Blazers that have been converted. Most homebuilt EV Conversions are good for commuting to and from work (likely less than 100 miles...
  14. D

NOVA Bodyshops?

Guys, I'm looking for a good body shop in NOVA that's willing to paint the grey plastic on my 01 sport. Most of the big "insurance" shops won't do it. I also need a new fender. Any advice?
  15. D

RX 330 Wheels

Thanks!
  16. D

RX 330 Wheels

What is sufficient backspacing?
  17. D

RX 330 Wheels

Does anyone know if Lexus RX 330 wheels will fit? I'm looking at a set of 18x7's TIA~
  18. D

Puddle lights

This may be elsewhere on the board but this is from Sylvania's website: 2001 FORD Explorer Sport High & low beam headlamp 9007LL 9007SU Silverstar ULTRA for Ultra Night Vision - The Whitest and Brightest Halogen 9007ST Silverstar High Performance Lighting: The Whiter and Brighter...
  19. D

Power Switch for "X"

this is used for Drag Racing, but you get the idea: http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MSD%2D8111&N=700+315816+115&autoview=sku
  20. D

Choping roof on XLT

I think there are a few members in the off road section who have done this before (I haven't) but preparation is key. You mentioned running a cage, you might be able to find a custom top manufacturer who can create a snap on top to hook to the cage that would protect you from the elements. You...
  21. D

Rubber/vinyl Carpet?

Is there a rubberized/vinyl/plastic carpet kit for the cargo area and back of the seats? I'm not talking about one of the drop in cargo trays, but an actual replacement style kit. I've started doing considerably more home improvement projects and it's really starting to take its toll on the...
  22. D

Regular Checkup?

Nevermind, found it: https://www.genuineservice.com
  23. D

Regular Checkup?

I took my other car in to the dealership to have some warranty work done and they recommended that since I was at 60K miles I should get the regular 60K tune up (plugs, wires, belts, fluids, brakes, etc...). I haven't done it yet, but it got me to thinking: is there a regular recommended check...
  24. D

xm install problem

Check you power source...Make sure it's grounded properly.
  25. D

100Hp for $27.84

^^^That's true--Hot Rodders have been doing it since the fifties.
Back