Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. V

2003 Sport Trac - SAS, SOA started and here's a sneek peek.

Will try to make it over this week to get them.
  2. V

Ok. I was going to get them off you but was really busy last week.
  3. V

You got rid of bed and doors?
  4. V

Sorry to hear you tore it down Jerry. This is the first I've heard of it. I really wanted to see it built. Maybe some other time you can build one. Miss hanging out.
  5. V

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

Check these out I think it's what you need. http://www.moranav6racing.com/i.php?f=/img/Products/pictures/IMG_5312.JPG&d=
  6. V

Body Mount Bushings

I also cut mine but only went thru outer sleeve but not inner so I was able to re-use mine.
  7. V

Shocks and turn signal issues

Here is the link to my mod on my shocks. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/index.php?threads/coil-over-shock-conversion-on-my-02-st.444927/ As far as the turn signal issue i found that the metal parts inside the plug for the combination switch are pulling out so when i lower my steering wheel...
  8. V

Need your advices

i would sue for other shop to pay for repair bill at Ford Davao. you didn't mess it up the other shop did and probably didn't know what they were doing in the first place.
  9. V

coil over shock conversion on my 02 ST

No i have no plans on removing torsion bars. these shocks are only meant to help the t-bars not replace them. I took Midnight Rebel for a fast ride, and i don't mean short, i was taking the turns fast and going over the biggest bumps i could and he even said there was little to no body roll on...
  10. V

I measured from top of my 285/75/16's to bottom of fender and have 7.5" with no torsion twist. Measurement was the same on both sides.
  11. V

Still loving my SPORT TRAC!!!!

Still loving my SPORT TRAC!!!!
  12. V

You might not have to install it the same way. You might get lucky and not have to cut out your bump stops. http://gabriel.com/mobile/light-vehicle/detailed-product-page?partnum=43099 This is the part number. This is were I bought them. http://m.summitracing.com/search?keyword=43099
  13. V

They were able to almost level the truck in the front. Yes they would fit on 2wd but you may not have to move where the shock mounts on the control arm.or you may be able to drill out hole on the other side and not have to cut out the bump stop. IDK
  14. V

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

I know it's in this thread somewhere but could you tell me your ar on both sides of your turbo?
  15. V

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

What rpm's are you hitting boost at? And does it seem to come on early. I myself don't want boost till I hit 2500 to 3000 rpm's.
  16. V

T3 T4 Hybrid Turbo OHV

What was your fuel mileage on your trip? Also were you in boost the whole time you were driving?
  17. V

You can't put the coil over shocks in the same place as old ones because it won't clear the half shafts. So you have to do it the way I did for clearance.
  18. V

I will be welding the brackets to my control arm soon
  19. V

Weirdness

thats normal. my explorer xlt and my sport trac both do that. hit the lock once the doors lock hit it a second time and lights blink and horn chirps. If you do it twice with a door open the horn chirps twice.
  20. V

This is the rear shocks I installed that are made for the truck. This is the truck sitting on a somewhat level parking lot. P.S. no torsion twist here just body lift and shocks. :D
  21. V

First off i would like to tell you why i decided to try this. My shocks on the front were bad, but I didn't know at the time exactly how bad. when i pulled the shock out and i pulled on them they had apparently unscrewed from the piston and came apart. LOL. I had been looking at coil over shocks...
  22. V

New Toy

From what I have read on here and on the other ST forum you don't have to charge the master cylinder or proportioning valve. Yes I have replaced the parking brake shoes on my 99 Explorer and I rather do that then replace drum brakes any day. Lol. Also did you decide wether or not if you're...
  23. V

New Toy

Budweiser
  24. V

New Toy

why didn't you just keep the disc brakes on the rear? Easier to do maintenance on that way.
  25. V

2-port vs 3-port fuel system

my 2002 ST has a 2 port fuel filter on it.
Back