Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Roof rack and cargo carrier - what years?

I no longer have my 92 XLT and was wondering if someone could let me know if this is accurate: The roof rack crossbars fit 91-94 model years, and the cargo area cover firs model years 91-94. Thanks for all the help over the years.
  2. P

Rattle When Hit Bumps

Thanks for the reply. Any idea on knowing when to replace the sway bar end links? Visually the sway bar end link looks like an hourglass with a rubber bushing at the top and bottom. Any ideas? I wouldn't think a cat converter would be up front where the noise is coming from. I'm...
  3. P

2001 O/D disable not working

Recently purchased a 2001 Ranger 3.0 and noticed that the O/D disable is not working. When I push the button on the shift lever nothing lights up. The fuses in the (small voltage) fuse box all seem OK. Anyone have any idea on how to troubleshoot/fix this. I'm not really planning on using the...
  4. P

Rattle When Hit Bumps

2001 Ranger has a rattle that sounds like it's just in front of the firewall (driver's side) when I hit a bump. Any suggestions as to what this could be?
  5. P

Rear Wiper Not Functioning

Hi everyoene. The time has come for me to get rid of the old 92 XLT and I am picking up a newer 02 Sport tomorrow. When I inspected the 02 the rear wiper would not function. I was hoping someone could fill me in on troubleshooting whether it is the motor, the switch, or something else (I read...
  6. P

2000 model year -- problem transmission?

The old 92 Ex is getting up there and repairs make replacment seem like a better deal economically. I'm looking at a 2000 with 98k on it and read some stuff on the internet about transmission problems. Does anyone know whether the transmission is a prevailing problem for these? About when do...
  7. P

Vacuum lines -- HELP!

When replacing my PCV valve on my '92 today I broke a vacuum line. Long story short, there are 2 ver small diameter vacuum lines that are routed around the engine back by the firewall. I don't know which attachment goes to which opening on the vacuum tree. Any help would be appreciated.
  8. P

Power Window Bushing Replacement

oh boy When I was putting everything back together the "female" gear assembly came apart. Apparently there is a pulley inside. It now looks like whatever cable that is on is no longer under tension and I don't know how to put it back together right, how many turns of the cable to put on the...
  9. P

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

oh boy When I was putting everything back together the "female" gear assembly came apart. Apparently there is a pulley inside. It now looks like whatever cable that is on is no longer under tension and I don't know how to put it back together right, how many turns of the cable to put on the...
  10. P

Engine hesitation when cold

checking for vacuum leaks? I have had a similar problem, would someone mind telling me how/ where to check for vacuum leaks? Could this be caused by something else such as a faulty IAC?
  11. P

turn signal problem

Thanks! Thanks for the tip! That has to be one of my favorite repairs, $2.50 for the part, 5 seconds replacement time. Never would have thought it would have been that. By the way, there was just something wrong witht hte flasher, it didn't blow any fuses or anything.
  12. P

turn signal problem

On my 92 Exploreer the front right turn signal does not work (all other lights work). Switched bulbs, it is not the bulb. The first time I messed around with it it just started working again, must have been a loose wire. Now it's not working and the wire jiggling hasn't worked. My question...
Back