Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

Beware of the 3" Body Lift Kit!

Wow, this thread is still going huh?
  2. 2

Dreaded rattle

Hey Rick!! Can't drive by your rents place without thinking of Great Explorations. Missed it so much I moved back to Glencoe.:rolleyes: It's been rattling for years and just recently got much worse. Typical, went down to get a video and she behaved as expected. I will post it anyway and get a...
  3. 2

Dreaded rattle

Been years since I posted, but here I go. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but when it comes to the engine/trans I tend to leave it to the pros. When I start it up I get the rattle like marbles whether the engine is warm or cold. One time out of ten it will start up normally without one...
  4. 2

Comment by '2001ExpSport' in media 'Paragon'

Ya, thanks, it's a great truck. It can't do everything, but it holds it's own for sure. Ya, they are KC daylighters.
  5. 2

Black Magic Stock vs. Now!

Wow, I am still subscribed to this thread. It's been so long................. Howdy Spaz! Wuz krackin'?
  6. 2

"cyl 3 misfire"

Hey, well my problem went away long ago. I had Ford replace the intake o-rings. After that I replaced the IAC valve and fuel filter. I used a few bottles of injector cleaner as well, but it still would rear it's head occasionally. At my regular oil change place they had a special on the...
  7. 2

Glacier help!!-Hit a bump and then no R or D?

Didn't get a chance to drop the pan, but I did drive it a bit today. When shifting into R or D it will lurch like it is in gear, but it just slightly inches forward if I rev the engine. When I get to about 55mph and shift out of 2 it will shift into what i think might be 3rd and then into...
  8. 2

Thanks guys.. I will post results tomorrow.
  9. 2

They did nothing to it, just a run through the gears and the typical replace or rebuild garbage. I just picked it up and paid them nothing. I saw the DTR cable yesterday and it was tight, since you described it I know what it is now. It will be interesting to see if it shifts to 4low since...
  10. 2

I'm going to drop the pan tomorrow and test everything. Keep the suggestions coming. What is the DTR?
  11. 2

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....:)
  12. 2

Yes.. Additional info: I never changed any solenoids...
  13. 2

Seriously, don't hit any bumps or your tranny will go out on you. This morning on my way to work I hit a man hole cover that was recessed in the pavement maybe an inch. Stopped at the light and when it turned green....nothing. No reverse, no drive...so I shifted it to 1 and it worked fine...
  14. 2

Underdrive pulley- why don't you have one?

Ya ya, wassup man? I hardly come around much anymore. How's the rig?
  15. 2

Where Are You Guys Mounting Aux Light Switches?

Left of the main light switch is where I mounted mine, i hate reaching for an aux light switch. A little triming and it did the trick.
  16. 2

Underdrive pulley- why don't you have one?

Worthless invention...
  17. 2

help me out please

http://www.performanceaccessories.com/ Click on application guide, you would need the 3" kit, part number 883. It is a Ranger kit, but works with the X. Pretty sure the kit is $150. Without cutting you can fit 32's. You'll have to cut to fit 33's, but I know that everyone here has had...
  18. 2

help me out please

For a 3" body lift I highly recommend the Performance Accessories kit. There are two 4" suspension lifts available for the Explorer and they cost around $1500, give or take. One is made by Trailmaster and the other is by Superlift. The superlift kit is a better engineered kit for the X. As...
  19. 2

How to: 5R55E Valve Body Rebuild Diary

Read the entire diary, your answer lies within.
  20. 2

Newbie with question, could use your advice

Exactly that, you're towing capacity is 3500 lbs. Basically the trailer/camper fully loaded with gear. The tongue weight is directly on the tongue of the hitch/hitch ball. All trailers/campers come with a tongue rating and empty weight rating. Stay within the limits and you will be fine...
  21. 2

05' Plastic seat trim always popping off?

LOL, it's a Ford...what did you expect..... :p
  22. 2

How to: Band adjustment locknuts - Re-Use? + Band Adjustment Procedure w/ Pix

http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0QADiAqESvkzSo*y!Vf4ve!kAexZO6ne1dCtHpsxYTxEb*MQ9cT6Pv5dhC9vUioeuAZwoFG5hcqKs7QGoWCLWj7ld1gJgr1eaAAAAAEfDkQM/T1.jpg?dc=4675350846025283786
  23. 2

squeaking from front

It is sold at most auto part stores. It is usually called WHITE LITHIUM GREASE and comes in spray paint cans. It also should have a long spray tube like you get with WD40 for tight places. It will probably be kept in the lubricant section near belt dressing and silicone sprays.
  24. 2

squeaking from front

You can buy a can of spray type white grease. I use that twice a year on the bushings. You have a common issue, nothing to worry about. Basically is dry rubber against metal that makes the sound. You can replace the bushings, but they'll just sqeak too.
Back