Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Driving 2007 xlt 4wd without front driveshaft?

May I ask why you replacing it?what was the symptom? I'm currently chasing a noise too in my truck
  2. P

Noise when slowing down

How did you fix that problem?
  3. P

Noise when slowing down

Did you have any play in the driveshaft?
  4. P

P2135 recurring issue

hey Karbomb24,what did you do to fix it?
  5. P

Another P2135 Issue - Sorry

Hey PotatoExplorer ,did you figure out what it was?i think we are having the same problem,i've chasing that problem for 5 years,no luck?what did you end up doing?
  6. P

Replaced Front Brake Pads... Now They're Moaning

Did you figure out the noise
  7. P

2008 ford explorer 4.6 3v noise on cold start

hey guys i have 08 explorer 4.6 it has that noise since 80k miles,it is bothering ,it is not the exhaust manifold,it sound metallic,constant tapping or rattling it is more on the pass side,engine is quiet when hot,no miss, no cel,i popped the valve cover ,did not see anything obvious here is...
  8. P

Driver front brake "growl"

thank you so much for the update i was going nuts over that noise,it happen right i replaced my front brakes,i thought it was a bearing noise
  9. P

2006 explorer front drive shaft cv needs replacing

I'm not trolling, I'm looking for answer for what's going on my truck, I'm going through a similar thing
  10. P

Weird vibration noise in '07 Mountaineer

did you fix the problem?how did you replace the front pinion bearing?
  11. P

2006 explorer front drive shaft cv needs replacing

why are replacing the front driveshaft?what was the problem?did it fix it?
  12. P

I already threw them away , I'm suspecting the abs have something to do with that
  13. P

Yes I change rotor pad and anti rattle clip regrease all t siide pin
  14. P

i took it apart already ,regrease everything ,make sure i tight everything
  15. P

no there were always ceramic
  16. P

yea i did all of that,i think the the original post describe my issue so well, but i have no abs light or code
  17. P

i do all the work in my truck,i replace the both front bearing about 40k miles ago,with timken and motorcraft
  18. P

The thing is the noise started after I replaced the brake,it was not there before,sounds like a wheel bearing noise I can feel it on driver floor and steering wheel,I have no abs code or light on,it only happen aroud 40mph
  19. P

Did you have abs light on?
  20. P

i'm chasing the same problem in my 08 explorer,it happen once i replaced the front brakes,it growled when i hit the brake around 45 to 38 miles an hour ,i can feel it in the steering wheel and brake pedal.i removed the abs fuse ,noise is still there,i have no code,could we have the same problem
  21. P

'08 4.6 - Cam phasers?

here is the noise i'm describing only happpen on cold start,i know i have a bad manifold on pass side but there is slight tapping noise only at cold start ,it is sound like timing chain slap or rocker arm/lifter https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ws286ZcPo2Zcqy2BPW8szCKyMtg4Jfj4/view?usp=sharing
  22. P

'08 4.6 - Cam phasers?

125000 ,I bought it at 65k miles couple years ago,the engine is fairly quiet at hot idle beside the exhaust noise
  23. P

PCV Valve on 4.6l 3V V8

would it be a good idea to install in line pcv if the one in the valve failed '
  24. P

Engine Noise, Chain and lifter Photo

did you fix the truck?how did you do it?
  25. P

Engine Noise, Chain and lifter Photo

that's exactly how my 08 v8 inside look like,i'm chassing a tapping noise on cold start on the pass side,it sounds like the chain but i don't think since all the guide are there
Back