Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

LED light bars on a 2000 ford explorer

I ran a lightbar on my Ex, before I sold her. As J_C pointed out, they are not legal for on road use. I would recommend keeping it on a separate switch / not triggering it with the high beams. If you do, I'd recommend having a "kill" position, perhaps with a 3 position (on/off/auto) switch...
  2. 9

My 95 exp sport

Dude.... that this is eleven kinds of badass. :thumbsup:
  3. 9

Installing a floor mounted gun safe?

Glad I could help!
  4. 9

Installing a floor mounted gun safe?

I would advise you take out the front seats & roll back the carpet. There is a removable metal plate over the trans. You can see what I'm talking about here:
  5. 9

seating advice

I'm not sure how it is in California, but, here in SC, you can't swing a cat in the local pick 'n pull without hitting a 2nd gen Ex. Is it really worth your time to disassemble and then re-assemble the seat, knowing you will probably need replacement bits anyway?
  6. 9

seating advice

Can confirm, 1995 - 2001 seats are all the same, as far as the physical mounting goes. No guarantee on the 'lectrical.
  7. 9

seating advice

I am not 100% sure, but I think same-year Ex seats might bolt in. Here's what the front seat mounts look like in my '96 Ex: Fore: Aft:
  8. 9

Fog lights / Driving lights

Yup. In stock configuration, your low beams need to be on for the foggies to work. The way the system works (to the best of my memory) is the fog light switch on the dash, when pressed, provides a ground for the coil in the fog lamp relay. The hot side of that coil is attached to the low...
  9. 9

Hella Sharptone Horns Installed

Mind if I ask why you went with the Sharptones as opposed to Supertones?
  10. 9

Ejecting a disc changer magazine without power?

I just took a look at my CD changer and I don't see any way to manually eject it. I could only get it to eject by plugging it in and pressing the eject button. If plugging it in to the vehicle isn't an option, you should be able to locate the pinout for the connector on The Internet; It...
  11. 9

99 explorer windshield washer fuse box

I've been inside mine to do the fog light mod, and as I recall, there is a tab or catch to open the lid.
  12. 9

Sunroof interior cover

Ah. I see. ... ... ... Yup. Not sure if it would be easier (smaller headliner) or harder (no rear hatch to go out through) to de-headliner a SportTrac.
  13. 9

Sunroof interior cover

Hahahahaha! Sorry. PS: Who's Phil?
  14. 9

Sunroof interior cover

Removal of the headliner is not difficult, but it is tedious, and it will require the R&R of the upper side panels, oh-crap handles, overhead lights, overhead console, etc... I've done it without entirely removing the side panels, but, I don't recommend it. It will also make you itchy as f**k...
  15. 9

Cornering Lamps?

Afaik, Explorers never came with cornering lamps. You would need to build your own, I'm afraid.
  16. 9

OE fog light retrofit question/clarification

Different connector... different wire colors... I'm nearly entirely confident that is not for your foggies. As I said earlier, I am 99.999% sure Ford did not piut in wiring for features that were not present from the factory, so, unless your Ex came with front fog lamps, it won't have the wiring...
  17. 9

Can you post a pic of the connector you are talking about?
  18. 9

I'm not sure which plug you are referring to, but, I can guarantee it is not related to your foggies. The only switch connector for the front fog lamps is grey & yellow, not blue. If you aren't comfortable wiring up your own harness, you can get a pre-made one off of Amazon, and wire it up to...
  19. 9

I don't think the 2nd gen Exploders were pre-wired for non-fitted equipment. You could buy a generic harness off of Amazon, and fit aftermarket lights.
  20. 9

Hey sthmstr. I took some pity on you and ventured out to the driveway for some pics: Here's where the OE fog light switch goes, on the radio surround: Here's the connector for the fogs (bottom), rear defrost (middle), and rear wiper (top): Here is what the connector looks like: Here are...
  21. 9

Electrical help -- dead truck. Problem w/ fuse box

Turdle: Once again, thanks for the assist. I followed your advise and checked the correct fuse (it was fine) and the inertial cut-out (not tripped). It turns out the fuel pump relay has gone off to meet it's maker. I swapped it with the WOT A/C Cutout relay and the truck fired right up. Now...
  22. 9

Well... now I feel like a proper ass. Thanks Turdle. I'll give it another look tomorrow and report back.
  23. 9

Went to start up the Ex today, and it would crank, but not fire. Chased the issue wit what seemed to be a blown fuse in the power distribution box for the fuel pump. Replaced it, and the new fuse was loose in the socket. Upon closer inspection, the original fuse was not blown. It seems the...
  24. 9

How many miles on your 2ND GEN EX?

This happened recently.
  25. 9

Looks like i got a new Explorer

Air, Fuel, Spark. Check the intake filter, check the fuel filter, check the plugs & plug wires.
Back