Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Philly's 2016 XLT

I love Your Explorer , best I've seen yet . The black top down to the Windows makes it look sleek and a lot lower .
  2. J

2014 Sport Engine Hesitation/Stumble

I've been experiencing occasional throttle response issues ,seems to only happen when I go wide open throttle from a dead stop. I'll try turning traction control off and see if that helps, thanks
  3. J

IDS Programming Question

Thanks Any decent DIY IDS tools that are affordable , have any links ?
  4. J

IDS Programming Question

http://www.amazon.com/Quality-VCM2-Diagnostic-Scanner-Vehicles/dp/B00XW9ZMP4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1453484833&sr=8-1&keywords=ford+vcm+2 Would something like this work ?
  5. J

2016 Ford Explorer vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

The Durango and EX are very similar in size and weight, but the Durango RT with the Hemi is a dog ,because Dodge de tuned the hell out of it with torque management. If the Durango RT ran as quick as the other RT's , it would be a keeper. I realized it was time to dump it , when other people on a...
  6. J

2016 Ford Explorer vs Jeep Grand Cherokee

I just came out of a 13 Durango RT, and into a 16EX Sport. The Durango was slow and heavy feeling, but sounded great. The EX is a lot quicker and feels lighter, acceleration and steering feels effortless in comparison.
  7. J

Horn Beeps On Exit

So, what Your selling, is instructions on how to turn the double honk off, and We take those instructions to a dealer and have them do it through IDS ?
  8. J

Sport or Platinum!!!!

I have a new platinum F150. Skip the massaging seats, they are worthless. I only turn them on to see the look on the face of unsuspecting passengers.
  9. J

Tuning options for 2016 Sport???

SSI has the worst reputation of any tuner, Google is Your Friend. Yes, Sean makes these things go fast, but at the expense of reliability. And You will not get any help from him after the fact, regardless of how recent or how much You spent.
  10. J

Tuning options for 2016 Sport???

Unleashed tuning is well respected on the F150 forums, as well as livernois. Hope You get it figured out.
  11. J

Talk Me Into a New 16 Sport!!!

I just sold a Durango RT and bought a 16 EX Sport. I bought the EX solely because of the Ecoboost performance. I hated the enemic performance of the 5.7 Hemi as it comes in the RT. Dodge missed the boat on this one, because the Hemi is a pretty good performer in everything else They put it in...
  12. J

If you didn't buy the 11-16 explorer, then what?

I came from a Durango with the 5.7 as well, an RT. It looked good on paper,based on the 5.7 performance in the other vehicles that Dodge puts that engine in. But they sure fooled Me. I was not even aware of the EX with the 3.5 EB until I bought an F150 3.5 EB , and the engine impressed Me...
  13. J

Giving the all new 3.5L a much needed boost!

I'm waiting to get a few thousand miles on both My new 3.5 Eco's , an F150, and X Sport. Maybe talk to You about My 04 Lightning too. Do You give quantity discounts ? :D
  14. J

My New 2016 Explorer Sport

Towing Eye /Recovery hook access cover Our Sports (4x4) are supposed to come with the towing eye in the spare tire area. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310170
  15. J

Explorer A-Pillar Rattle/Noise

Mine too I've got 300 ish miles on Mine now, went 80 MPH on freeway and have the buzz.
  16. J

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

A good source for Blinker Fluid and other hard to find supplies http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=products_all&zenid=,e7GVJobU52XAiRl7sDES1
  17. J

Door locking from door handle 2016

Yes, having the same problem
  18. J

2016 Genuine Ford Explorer Accessories

I can't help You with part numbers, but I'm in the area if You need to see and compare in person.
  19. J

Struck by Lightning

Glad Your OK I can't offer any advice other than enjoy whatever You choose.
  20. J

Aside from your '11-'16, What is your "other" car/truck

04 Lightning, since new, 30K miles. Small world
  21. J

2016 Explorer Sport. We did it!

My Hankooks are noisy
Back