2016 Genuine Ford Explorer Accessories | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2016 Genuine Ford Explorer Accessories

I am trying to purchase most of the parts that will make my new 2016 XLT look like a Sport. Can you help or shoot me in the right direction? Guys at the dealers are complete dks and just don't have time.

Sport Edition parts:

Grille (is this the correct part number?)
FB5Z-8200-BA

Headlights

Tail lights

RT/LT lower moldings for FR/RR doors (thinking about Plasti-dip stuff)

Rear Explorer molding (agian might Plasti-dip)

20" Sport Rims

Rear bumper with trailer hitch cut out (firgure might as well get the sport one if i want the OEM trailer pkg)

OEM trailer hitch package

Exhaust tips

Lighting kit, is this for an Explorer? Does it include the cup holders and door handle lights?
CL8Z-13E700-AA

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't help You with part numbers, but I'm in the area if You need to see and compare in person.

Running boards

Will there ever be retractable running boards available for 2016 Limiteds?

I am trying to purchase most of the parts that will make my new 2016 XLT look like a Sport. Can you help or shoot me in the right direction? Guys at the dealers are complete dks and just don't have time.

Sport Edition parts:

Grille (is this the correct part number?)
FB5Z-8200-BA

Headlights

Tail lights

RT/LT lower moldings for FR/RR doors (thinking about Plasti-dip stuff)

Rear Explorer molding (agian might Plasti-dip)

20" Sport Rims

Rear bumper with trailer hitch cut out (firgure might as well get the sport one if i want the OEM trailer pkg)

OEM trailer hitch package

Exhaust tips

Lighting kit, is this for an Explorer? Does it include the cup holders and door handle lights?
CL8Z-13E700-AA

We can help with most of this at nearly Employee pricing too. What is your VIN so we can compare some options here especially the headlamps. I will pull up a Sport VIN and provide numbers.

-Benny

Thank you we appreciate the feedback!

The 2016 LED fogs dont have a bulb per-say but have a module which I believe includes circuitry, heat sink and bulb all in one.

Are you looking to perform a swap? Maybe we can work something out in exchange for a write-up.

-Benny

Benny,
I am interested in what u can do. I went to my local dealer yesterday and they told me $576 for each side, but they could not quoute me a price for install because they "don't show available." $1,152 in material, really? And they said "not sure if this covers extra wiring needed or other components." This is the same dealer that tried to charge me $4700 for a 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, so I am not shocked.

This is a $150 option - I cannot see that price.

Yes, I would be interested to hear what you can do.

Benny,
I am interested in what u can do. I went to my local dealer yesterday and they told me $576 for each side, but they could not quoute me a price for install because they "don't show available." $1,152 in material, really? And they said "not sure if this covers extra wiring needed or other components." This is the same dealer that tried to charge me $4700 for a 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, so I am not shocked.

This is a $150 option - I cannot see that price.

Yes, I would be interested to hear what you can do.

I can confirm (at least here in Ontario Canada), that it is indeed a $150 option and literally a LED bulb replacement.

I can confirm (at least here in Ontario Canada), that it is indeed a $150 option and literally a LED bulb replacement.

Did you have this option installed? I find this hard to believe as the parts alone are more than that. There are also 2 version part numbers for the lamps themselves so the housings are different.

-Benny

Did you have this option installed? I find this hard to believe as the parts alone are more than that. There are also 2 version part numbers for the lamps themselves so the housings are different.

-Benny

I was also skeptical at first (assumed it was going to be an LED projector type fog light, similar to the lowbeam), but was informed from the salesman during the options selection; that it was a LED bulb only (referenced as an "enhancement feature").

For some reason it's not coming up on Ford Canada's website as an option, but I found in on unhaggle (Canadian version of true car cost).

Lights Selection:

Description
LED Fog Lamps - LED front fog lights

MSRP
$175

I was also skeptical at first (assumed it was going to be an LED projector type fog light, similar to the lowbeam), but was informed from the salesman during the options selection; that it was a LED bulb only (referenced as an "enhancement feature").

For some reason it's not coming up on Ford Canada's website as an option, but I found in on unhaggle (Canadian version of true car cost).

Lights Selection:

Description
LED Fog Lamps - LED front fog lights

MSRP
$175

A factory order option is very different from an add-on Ford accessory. I can see this possible with a factory option, Not Accessory add on unless the dealer is simply going to install a LED version of the original halogen bulb type (aftermarket).

-Benny

A factory order option is very different from an add-on Ford accessory. I can see this possible with a factory option, Not Accessory add on unless the dealer is simply going to install a LED version of the original halogen bulb type (aftermarket).

-Benny

As an after production add-on, owners must install an entire housing?
Considering all trim levels are equipped with fog lights; wouldn't a LED type bulb replacement be more cost effective?

As an after production add-on, owners must install an entire housing?
Considering all trim levels are equipped with fog lights; wouldn't a LED type bulb replacement be more cost effective?

It's not always about cost effectiveness of the end consumer. There are many criteria's that need to be met during the engineering and production process. Yes it sounds like it makes more sense to have 1 housing for both but if they are not able to meet safety standards by doing so then an additional specific design would be required.

You also have to consider that if it was that easy/low cost then why bother offer 2 versions?

We have a few members who were interested in the parts that I provided quotes for. Should they place orders and perform the swap we will learn much more about this.

-Benny

I also purchased a 16 and need the rear center console but the PN I am finding GB5Z-78045A36-AB seems to be the ebony with red stitching, I have a limited and wouldn't match. Can you advise the PN and cost for one matching the LTD?

I also purchased a 16 and need the rear center console but the PN I am finding GB5Z-78045A36-AB seems to be the ebony with red stitching, I have a limited and wouldn't match. Can you advise the PN and cost for one matching the LTD?

I am sorry but that is all that Ford has listed at this time. The first thing Ford usually updates is their own accessory site here http://accessories.ford.com/vehicles/explorer/2016/interior.html?p=2

We will check it from time to time.

-Benny

Is the 2016 console different from the 2015 console? They look very similar in pics

On eBay:

BRAND NEW & FORD GENUINE
2nd Row Center Console is a Direct Fit For The Following:

2011-2016 Ford Explorer
-Models With Charcoal Black Interiors
-Designed To Provide Plenty of Extra Storage
-Installed In The Second Row, Its Available In Colors To Complement Your Vehicles Interior

Genuine Ford Part # DB5Z-78045A36-AD

All of our Ford Products are OEM & 100% Genuine. Each part is backed by the Ford Warranty (2 Years/Unlimited Miles!)
If you're looking for something you cant find in our store, please give us a call or email us and we'll be sure to get it for you & for the best possible price! Guaranteed!

If you are not sure if this will fit your vehicle then please send us your VIN # (Vehicle Identification Number) so we can verify this prior to you ordering. Thank you.

We are here to help. Call our Toll FREE eBay help at 877-972-7876 or email your question to our FORD Parts Experts. We can help you find the part you need.

Thanks, I bet I am even watching that listing (found after my post here) :)

Platinum Wheels

Hey, what's your price on a set of 2016 Platinum model wheels?

I have a 16 Sport and want to upgrade.... looking to sell or trade my sport wheels.

thanks.

Is the 2016 console different from the 2015 console? They look very similar in pics

On eBay:

BRAND NEW & FORD GENUINE
2nd Row Center Console is a Direct Fit For The Following:

2011-2016 Ford Explorer
-Models With Charcoal Black Interiors
-Designed To Provide Plenty of Extra Storage
-Installed In The Second Row, Its Available In Colors To Complement Your Vehicles Interior

Genuine Ford Part # DB5Z-78045A36-AD

All of our Ford Products are OEM & 100% Genuine. Each part is backed by the Ford Warranty (2 Years/Unlimited Miles!)
If you're looking for something you cant find in our store, please give us a call or email us and we'll be sure to get it for you & for the best possible price! Guaranteed!

If you are not sure if this will fit your vehicle then please send us your VIN # (Vehicle Identification Number) so we can verify this prior to you ordering. Thank you.

We are here to help. Call our Toll FREE eBay help at 877-972-7876 or email your question to our FORD Parts Experts. We can help you find the part you need.

Yes we believe they are different, Check this link http://accessories.ford.com/catalog/product/view/id/10754/s/panel-asy-console/category/152/

Click on "View compatible vehicles" and you will see 2016 is not listed so we cannot recommend this.

-Benny

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back