Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

The Explorers GONE The other night on the way home from a friends house after working some long hours i dozed off and woke up heading towards a tree i tried correcting and the tree pushed my right side in a ridiculous amount......its totalled but i have 98 ranger project coming soon coil...
  2. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

i plan on more realistic shackles and bigger springs to compensate im also going all spring in the rear....maybe a few more inches hehe
  3. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

Action Shot Nice mudhole Check the link on the first page for a glimpse of my stomping grounds aka my buddys back yard
  4. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

i didnt say it made it right i was just saying didnt you read im adjusting it
  5. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

first of all my truck came out rather well i dont see how its a piece of crap when i have some spare time im going to adjust the wheelbase....... the shackles were on the truck i got the axle from so i put them on.i plan on smaller ones....the pictures were taken before i have even had a chance...
  6. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

my rear perches are ajustable so i can ajust the shackle angle however i please.... and i put the 1350 in when i had the SLA suspension ......i love when people have negative comments about stuff they dont know everything about........and im 18 years old and i and a friend built my truck in his...
  7. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

Im ordering my manual 1354 to replace my manual 1350 next week and hopefully get the ls and 488s in because theyre just sitting in my room.......then its time for a front d/s and WHEELING (with 4wd)
  8. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

The axle is a Dana 44 out of a jeep J10(fullsize) swapped out a few things here and there to convert it to 5 on 5.5, rear 8.8 with 2.5 inch adapter/spacers......the jeep the axle came from had those shackles and they were in the front so i let it be.......i did uses 4 inch chevy springs up front...
  9. 9

9sport6's Fix aka sas

After my front cv joints both blew and i snapped my axle housing it gave me enought reason to simply cut the ifs out.....pics are right here so far...... http://www.cardomain.com/ride/802282 update with specs at a later date no time now
  10. 9

Running into a problem?

I am almost at the halfway mark with the sas but now i dont think the front driveshaft will work.... i swapped in a 1350 with a ranger driveshaft but i know for a fact the front slip yoke is going to drop every 5 seconds even if i have it lengthened......where can i get a 1354 manual shift
  11. 9

To those 1st gen w/o SAS

Tealterror chevys drop down on passenger side..... are you putting in an r4 and chevy tcase too? otherwise chevy axles are out of the question
  12. 9

PASSING INSPECTION w/ SAS???

well the problem with the whole 30 inches thing isthe bumper height right now is 36 inches just jacked up awaiting my lazy but to weld up the rear spring perches and order a leaf over kit from tts fabworks. justputting the axle under with say 33swill jack it up at least another 4 inches.......my...
  13. 9

PASSING INSPECTION w/ SAS???

My dad just revealed the reason hes putting my truck in my name......1)hes pissed my explorers undergoing a sas 2)he says im screwed when i try getting it registered and they inspect it? so what do you guys think will a truck customized to that extent pass inspection?
  14. 9

Drilling Shafts

Im putting a fullsize jeep axle under my 96 and i am just buying bronco spindles and the 5 on 4.5 to 5 on 5.5 adapters for the rear
  15. 9

Fsj Axles

Alright what happened was My front right cv joint snapped and fell out as well as the right side of my front axle housing snapping all the way around... now my friend has leaf sprung matching full size jeep axles (dana 44s) and a parts scout from which i can use the steering box........I have...
  16. 9

Fsj Axles

I just completely screwed up......i decided to be a tough guy with my ex and climb this hill higher than my friends bronco.....i bombed up the hill and it spit my cv out like it wasnt supposed to be there.......also i snapped my axle housing.....dont ask me how.......My friend has fsj axles...
  17. 9

96 EX Manual tcase swap

the 1350 that i used had the same output just the front output was a slip yoke.....i simply used a ranger front driveshaft and put my front universal in it the linkage was a different story.......i had to fabricate a bracket that mounted to those two wholes on the back of my tranny and dropped...
  18. 9

Help me get 4 wheel drive back

no one has the slightest help or a clue???
  19. 9

Help me get 4 wheel drive back

Alright the 1350 is alllllllll bolted up from linkage to driveshafts........the only problem is that when i shift to fourwheel drive manually the front doesnt engage which i saw coming anyway.....now i figured i might be able to just use the electronic 4x4 switch to engage it but i cant..... if...
  20. 9

Completed manual TCASE swap 1350

the problem im having now is that i cant lock the front end.... every said just use the switch but nothing happens..... am i going to have to run a custom switch to the front actuator?
  21. 9

the only modification to the ranger driveshaft was putting the explorer front u joint in it
  22. 9

why would it hold me back......i was already collecting parts for a sas .....did i just mess things up?
  23. 9

Last week my 4 wheel drive stopped working......I had two ranger tcases laying in my garage luckily....both were 1350s.....one had the same rear output style.....a plate with 4 threaded holes.....i used this one.....The front output is a slip yoke but all i had to do was swap the front universal...
  24. 9

96 EX Manual tcase swap

Here we go........The old electronic had let me down for the last time......I have done some thinking and started the prep for the swap......I have cleaned up the 1350 manual shift tcase rather nicely.......The center console is also out......next comes a hole in my floor and a trip to the...
  25. 9

will this locker fit, hurry auction ends soon!!!!

I had ordered a quick lock which is almost the same as that.....i had to send it back because it fits in an open carrier and i have a ls but anyways....on the manual it said it was only good for tires up to 32 inches in diameter
Back