• Register Today It's free!

Fsj Axles

9sport6

Reaction score
City, State
Canterbury, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 Sport
I just completely screwed up......i decided to be a tough guy with my ex and climb this hill higher than my friends bronco.....i bombed up the hill and it spit my cv out like it wasnt supposed to be there.......also i snapped my axle housing.....dont ask me how.......My friend has fsj axles .........im not worried about the leaf spring perches.i can handle that......what modifications am i going to have to make to the steering and how much will it cost me or can i fab my way out of the "priceyness"......he also has a scout i can use the steering box out of.......does that help me in anyway......

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hua?

Okay so you broke your front end? It spit your CV out? driveshaft?

Now you want to do a solid axle conversion up front, and you want to use fsj axles? what does fsj stand for?

PLease be a little more specific I have no idea whether you want to replace the front or the rear, sounds like front because you are talking about steering,

If you want info on a solid axle swap and what works best just do a search..

Hope that helps

fsj=full size jeep.

Alright what happened was My front right cv joint snapped and fell out as well as the right side of my front axle housing snapping all the way around... now my friend has leaf sprung matching full size jeep axles (dana 44s) and a parts scout from which i can use the steering box........I have not heard of anyone using full size jeep axles in this forum.....any input is helpful

RockRanger has a Wagoneer axle he's putting in his Ranger.

you can use any solid axle you want really as long as it has steering knuckles and is wide enough :) hahaha But yeah some are easier to fit then others.

You should be able to use the scout steering box, or you can use one from a Ranger/Explorer. You need to do some research because this has been covered oh so many times :) Sorry to hear about your breakage....but you will be able to climb that sucker next time :)

Back