Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Weiand supercharger kits for 5.0 explorer

I messaged Jegs and they said it is for a carb setup but its for the 5.0 up till 2001.LOL ok sooooo what i guess i weld a metal plate in place of the carb mount ? LOL and drill the manifold for injectors ? Man oh man i dont get it.I guess you could buy one of those Fuel injection carbs they sell...
  2. 9

Lost power steering ! Help

Thanks for your oppinions guys ! It helps to have older people's look at a situation.I am only 30 but if i need help with something hard i consult the older crowd LOL.They seem to know more then my generation.
  3. 9

Yea i was gonna ask you.What is exactly involved with the rack removal ? like what has to come out to get the rack out ? I do need new lower control arms any how LOL.The actual bushings in the arms are worn out and clunk bad.The ball joints are good tho.
  4. 9

Right but that's IF and i mean IF the pump is the problem.I am not willing to tear apart the system and get fluid everywhere and put a pump in it just to find out the rack has a blown internal seal.
  5. 9

Weiand supercharger kits for 5.0 explorer

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weiand-77-174FSB-1-174-Series-Pro-Street-Supercharger-Kit-/111753731336?fits=Make%3AFord%7CModel%3AExplorer&epid=115129456&hash=item1a050a9d08:g:j4oAAOSwTapV3Nia&vxp=mtr Seems pretty cool.
  6. 9

I tried the full side to side steering 2 times and nothing happend. Inside the truck i can hear some power steering noises coming from the steering wheel ever so slightly when the wheel is forced to turn.I got an appt with the ford dealer next week Wednesday i am gonna let them deal with this...
  7. 9

I just hope it isin't cursed.I have had bad luck since i got it.I now keep a bible in the truck at all times LOL
  8. 9

Ok i will try that tomorrow and post back.I do think the pump is dead tho.I think when i had the steering at full lock for the u turn that i blew a seal inside the pump from overload.In the end i think its going to a shop:banghead: Its all i need right now.I need surgery soon and between...
  9. 9

Does the cap have to be off to let air out ? I will try tomorrow.
  10. 9

After i lost pressure i drove it 30 miles home with manual steering.It never came back at all during the trip like i thought it would.Its so weird that it was working great till a sharp u turn and then it just lost pressure.I mean it came on and off a couple times before fully going dead.I had...
  11. 9

Do i really have to drain the whole system ? I mean i am just unscrewing a line from the top of the pump.At most i could see draining the reservoir but the whole system ? That seems very excessive. Where would i find a replacement spring ?
  12. 9

What would be wrong with the spring ? Broken ? What line is the high pressure line ? It has 2 lines coming from it.I assume the high pressure line is the metal one on top with a rubber hose crimped onto it ? Can i even buy a spring or checkvalve ? I doubt they would just sell me those tiny parts.
  13. 9

So today i took a hammer and a rod and tapped the power steering pump and it seemed to bring the power back for a moment and then it went dead again.I could hear the pump lightly work during that time and go dead again.It circulates the fluid and its quiet just no power steering.
  14. 9

Thanks but i have no idea how to do that or how to find that ?
  15. 9

I just got off the highway and vehicle was fine.I got into town and had to do a very sharp u turn at low speed like walking speed.After the U turn my power steering kept coming on and off.Then a few mins later i lost it all and it drives like a manual steering vehicle.I mean both hands to turn...
  16. 9

Fog light bulbs 98 mountaineer

I can tell you for sure that they are not H1's or H3's.
  17. 9

No way in hell am i going to a 899 bulb LOL they are like 38W and the 9005 is 55w and the 9006 is 65w.I am willing to bet the original owner got rid of the 899's and put in 9005's.I think a 9006 would start to stress the circuit that was only for 38W originally.I mean **** the 9005's still...
  18. 9

On a side note i looked at my headlight bulbs and they are from 1997 !:D .I cant believe it has original bulbs in it yet.I should hold onto them.
  19. 9

I know the headlights are 9007.But i pulled out a fog light bulb and it appears to be a 9005 or 9006 single beam bulb,I thought the bulb was supposed to be like a 890 or something ? I am thinking the previous owner wanted brighter bulbs and put em in.The sockets aren't melted or anything.They...
  20. 9

OBX Headers & P0401 code Heads-Up

So to make this clear you did or didn't install the accordion piece from ford pipe into your obx pipe ? If i understand correctly you cut the top 2 tubes off the ford part and welded them onto the bottom half of the obx pipe correct ? Is this orifice inside of both pipes or just 1 ?
  21. 9

Cowl hoods

Looking at the small openings from the back of the cowl i think i would open it all the way up or make those holes larger for more air to escape.I just think the air holes are to small. Also would it be bad to install it and drive around in that white coating ? Should it be painted right away ...
  22. 9

OBX Headers & P0401 code Heads-Up

I kinda get what you did but kinda not.The pics don't really show what you found and what you did.I kinda see the end result but not that good.Are you saying that you cut that accordion looking piece from the stock egr tube and cut your obx tube and welded that accordion looking joint into the...
  23. 9

Cowl hoods

You got me wanting one of these hoods bad.
  24. 9

Cowl hoods

How much extra prep work had to be done before the final paint ? I have herd that some fiberglass hoods need a TON before the final paint.That can well exceed the purchase price.
  25. 9

Cowl hoods

I was curious of the extra clearance too.I also would like to know if its functional cowl.
Back