Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Fuel Gauge

Thanks for all your input about this frustrating problem. As I wrote earlier, I've replaced both the pump/sender and the cluster with no change. I've poked around the wiring under the passenger seat and know have erratic readings. I've learned that an 02 Explorer doesn't necessarily take an...
  2. W

Gas gauge empty

I'm back with more questions First, I replaced the fuel sender/gauge and the dash cluster but it still read empty. Then I took the passenger seat out and poked around in the wiring. Now The gauge reads intermittently. After filling the tank the gauge immediately reads empty. After a few...
  3. W

Empty Gas Gauge-slosh-wiring

I'm back and even more frustrated. After months of trying to find out why the gas gauge reads empty I thought I figured it out. I poked around the wiring hoping to find an short. The gauge did go to the expected level but immediately back to zero when I moved the car. I poked around some more...
  4. W

Empty Gas Gauge and wiring

I've received some very helpful information as to why I get a a constant "empty" read on my gas gauge. Both sender and cluster have been replaced. I'm following the wiring from the dash to along interior chassis compartment and then to the tank. The wire is yellow / white. This wire makes a...
  5. W

Empty gas gauge? wiring?

I've received some very helpful information regarding the constant "empty" gauge reading. I've replaced the cluster and the sending unit without any change. It looks like I'm going to drop the tank enough to get to the wiring and connectors.. Question is this, is the wiring from the sender to...
  6. W

Slosh Module

For the last several months I've tried to find the problem thats causing my gas gauge to read empty. I've replaced the the pump and the dash cluster. I read about a "slosh module" but my cluster doesn't have one. This 2002 xlt doesnt seem to have any parts that are in common with the suggested...
  7. W

Gas Gauge Frustration

I've been posting my problem with no results so I thought I'd ask for a solution in another way. Both the cluster and the sender have been replaced with out any change to an "empty" reading on the gauge. - Is the wiring from the sender to the cluster a straight run, or are there any...
  8. W

gas gauge / send unit ok but reads empty

I'm trying to fix an "empty gas gauge" and totally frustrated. I've replaced the sending unit and a used instrument cluster. I can't follow the wiring because it ducks in and out of the chassis. I have checked the yellow/white wire at the cluster connector an it shows no voltage. Any help would...
  9. W

Gas Gauge Frustration

I have an o2 explorer (4.0) that has had an "empty" gad gauge for several months. I began by replacing the pump/sender unit which didn't correct the problem. Then replaced the instrument cluster which didn't fix the "empty" gas gauge. Soon after replacing the differential the gauge worked...
Back