Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Gas Mileage

Hey thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention it has 107k and ive changed the plugs a few weeks ago to Double Platnium and ran seafoam through it about a month ago. I cant figure out what could be wrong, and yes im running it right up to the E line.
  2. T

Gas Mileage

I have a 98 sport with the V6 OHV and an automatic transmission. I got the car 7 months ago with the check engine light on, I was getting horrible gas mileage so I thought this could be the problem. I had the codes read and it was the oxygen sensor. I replaced the 2 under the driver and...
  3. T

O2 question (again)

Its the sensor under the drivers seat.
  4. T

driver's door wont unlock!

I had the same problem and left it for a month and a half till I couldnt stand crawling over the other side of the door. Im not really good mechanically so I had a friend rebuild the entire lock and replace some peices in it for me. If you got the skill take the panel off and check out the lock...
  5. T

Rant

xxxx
  6. T

Rant

The bar that connects to the door handle is missing and the lock is stuck in the locked position. I read about it on here in some other threads that I would need some latch assembely peice.
  7. T

Rant

xxxx
  8. T

Rant

x.. xxxx
  9. T

Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry

Im kinda confused what is a keyfob? What I was looking at on ebay was just the remote and it came with "programming instructions." All im wondering is if I can buy the remote and program it with my key and be able to use it. I already have power door locks so I dont know what your talking about...
  10. T

Reprogramming Remote Keyless Entry

I have a 98 Explorer Sport I bought used, It did not come with a keyless entry remote, I saw on ebay they had a few for sale in my year but im wondering if I can just buy them and program them. My car did not come with the keypad on the door but it does have power door locks. Let me know if its...
  11. T

Argh Help

Well I know the general area but it would help to see a picture and also how can I clean it and with what and is that even possible?
  12. T

Argh Help

Yea I saw that thread but I have no idea what exactly the MAS is. Also what is a sawsall?
  13. T

Argh Help

vBulletin Message Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms. ^^ Can someone help me out? I dont got the money to have the car looked unless this is some kind of serious problem.
  14. T

Argh Help

I searched but really couldnt find an answer. I have no idea where the sensors are is their a guide I can use to find them and can they be cleaned or do I need to buy 4 new sensors?
  15. T

Argh Help

The code that came up was PO153 and it said "Bank 2 Sensor 1." So what does this mean? The guy said I would need new MAS for the front and back and it would cost around $120.
  16. T

Argh Help

Thanks for the help. I am pretty new to cars I will check out the thread. Also I forgot to mention that my CEL has been coming on and off since I bought the car but lately it has been on for a solid week. I checked the fluid for the tranny their is plenty dunno whats up with it though. I would...
  17. T

Argh Help

I have a 98 Sport 4.0 OHV with 103k miles (automatic tranny). It has been running fine except lately it has a whine to it when it starts up it has a rough idle. When I put it into reverse from park it clunks and makes alot of weird noises. Also when I put it from drive to park and let off the...
  18. T

Wiring Neon Lights

Thx for the info guys. I would like to run the wires under the carpet and thru somekind of hole into the engine bay and wire them up with the battery. Is their anyway to hide the wires and get them thru into the engine bay?
  19. T

Wiring Neon Lights

yea i saw that but I didnt understand a few things. 1. Whats an "Inline Fuse" is that already something wired in my car for regular lights or something I need to buy? 2. What is an "ACC" and do I need to buy one? 3. I have the Optic neons, their are 2 wires going from the neon to the...
  20. T

Wiring Neon Lights

I went up to the store today and bought 4 neon tubes. Id like to hook them under the front dash and under the front seats. Im looking to do this very tastefully and not some cheapo job and im wondering how can I wire them up to my battery? And where do I sneak the wires through so they cant be...
Back