Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Driver Window Acting Up after repair

I am having a similar issue on my 92 pass side, I just rebuilt the motors on.. sucks! I am gonna have to tear em back down and hope I can get them fixed again
  2. D

Getting to plugs on pass side...

ok, so wife drove the explorer to work today, 2 blocks, and said she heard a back fire type noise, but she didnt think it was a backfire, since I didnt get all the plugs changed would it be causing something to be screwy until we get them all done?
  3. D

Getting to plugs on pass side...

Well first off, I started to tackle the plug change while I am waiting for my u joints to arrive, I got 2 out of 6 done, the 3 on the pass side I cant get to..and the one on the driver closest to the grill I cannot get to break loose, for now it is soaking in some PB blaster, and plan on doing...
  4. D

92 Explorer U Joint How To?

Yep I saw that one, this is my first U Joint job I just dont wanna screw it up
  5. D

92 Explorer U Joint How To?

I have never removed the u joints, and I beleive they are OEM. Can someone get me a list of what I need to replace other than the joints on my 92 4x4 4 door auto explorer. I plan on doing this tonight after I get off work, and give me a brief walkthrough? Thanks!
  6. D

U Joint?

Who carries spicer?
  7. D

U Joint?

Hmm...so no one knows where or how to obtain a U Joint for my exploder?
  8. D

U Joint?

I need u joints for the rear shaft, maybe the front axle shafts too? I dotn know I removed the front shaft when the transfer case ate ****, so it stays in 2 wheel drive, but would it still need axle shaft? I replaced the wheel bearing not too long ago.. Autozone and oreilys both have no clue...
  9. D

U Joint?

Lol...Not a big help but we are getting some where..
  10. D

U Joint?

Ok, so I need to change the U Joint on my 1992 explorer 4x4 automatic, however I have never done one, and when I looked it up on the autozone site there are all kinds of different ones.. Below all this is a link to the site.. also, I removed my front drive shaft for the 4x4 so it's not there...
  11. D

Auto 4x4 92 Expo Front Bearing Help

I was told today that I need to replace the front wheel bearings on my 92 4x4 explorer, does anyone have a walkthrough on here, what tools/ parts needed, I am also looking for a set of front auto 4x4 hubs in good condition so I can do this all at once..
  12. D

smokin hot hubs

Let me know how this plays out, mine is doing this as well, and pulsing when braking..
  13. D

Eating Front Tires...

Having it taken into the shop today to have the front end inspected. Thanks for the help!
  14. D

Eating Front Tires...

My 1992 Explorer Auto 4x4 is eating through front tires, the front driveshaft is disconnected, however the 4x4 hubs are still there, it's stock height with factory everything, we got it aligned last year and the guy replaced some thick as washers, however it's eating tires again.. brand new set...
  15. D

Here we are!!

Located outside of Lee's Summit, MO, I say we get together at Buffalo Wid Wings some weekend then do a lil' wheelin..
  16. D

Here we are!!

Located Outside of Lees Summit Missouri! Needing rims and 1st gen lift.. someone outta donate one..
  17. D

Power Window Bushing Replacement

I just did all 4 and changed the gears as well, I bought the 4 door kit on ebay, which has bushings, and the rubber plugs, mine of coarse were all eaten up, what kind of grease do we use opn the tracks, my back on is vibrating on it's way down, and some WD -40 temporarily fixed the issue
  18. D

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

I just did all 4 and changed the gears as well, I bought the 4 door kit on ebay, which has bushings, and the rubber plugs, mine of coarse were all eaten up, what kind of grease do we use opn the tracks, my back on is vibrating on it's way down, and some WD -40 temporarily fixed the issue
  19. D

Here we are!!

Is anyone looking for a set of wheels? I have some for sale! KCMO@!
  20. D

Rear Drive Shaft

Got the new one on last night, had spare driveshaft bolts in my explorer parts cabint, wasnt too bad at all, I didnt use locktite, I will probably remove it this weekend and do it, I kinda had to do this last night at 4:30am, I was to the point where I just wanted some damn sleep, thanks for the...
  21. D

Rear Drive Shaft

Rear drive shaft fell out, yes...fell out..I have a spare, however the bolts are no where to be found, anyone know what bolts I need to get for both ends of it? The Jack@$$ that installed the transmission didnt bother tightening it enough, and that would have explained the heavy vibration issues...
  22. D

Work???

found these on CL "This is a very good set of Tires and wheels. tires are 31x10.50r15 Buckshot mudder mt and the wheels are an polished alloy. Bolt pattern is 5 X 5.5" I like the look, and he is asking 600.00..which seems a lil high for used rims..but hell IDK
  23. D

Heavy vibrations

The vibration wasnt there with the stockers when I first put stockers back on, however it is there now, I am running stockers on all terrains.
  24. D

Heavy vibrations

I have a set of stock explorer wheels, and stock sized tires with all terrains, it never did this before, and no mud caked behind the wheels, but it seem to be vibrating bad upon acceleration, at one point I had 31"s which shook it pretty bad, however when I put stockers back on I had no...
  25. D

1992 Explorer Issues...?

Alright, I am also going to assume the bolts are going to be ruusty as hell, does anyone know about how long this outta take to drop swap, and install?
Back