Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 2

2016 Ford Explorer Sport engine torque thrust mounts.

Please elaborate on your "higher quality" and "who copied" statements.... These are mounts for a specific vehicle and and used in a specific location. There aren't many ways to make them different. AD's mounts use round tubing to connect the two mounting points SSM uses box tubing to connect...
  2. 2

2016 Ford Explorer Sport engine torque thrust mounts.

On Saturday I upgraded the engine torque thrust mounts in my ‘16 Explorer Sport to a much beefier set made be Southside Machine Performance. I did this because I came across a YouTube video where an owner had changed a lot of suspension parts only to discover that the rear thrust mount was bent...
  3. 2

Wheel bearings again :X

I've never had an issue with Ford wheel bearings and in fact I this past summer I replaced front hubs, bearings and seals as well as brakes. And everything new on the rears... No noises or problems. The bearings and races are NAPA / SKF. (this week I changed all of the bearings on the belt...
  4. 2

Oil catch can / who has installed it and how much oil becomes "catched" ?

I installed the complete McNally / RXP catch can setup on my '16 ExSport. I mounted the can on the frame rail in the drivers side wheel well area below / behind the air filter box. To drain it I access it from underneath where there's an opening in the lower valance panel, quick & easy. I did a...
  5. 2

SOMETIMES....( how much do ya love your ride)

My truck?.. yes... The Explorer.. no. My truck is a '03 two tone F-150 Harley Davidson. It's the daily driver, its been to Florida, Mass, upstate NY, southern NJ (numerous times) and lots of other locations in the tri-state area. I'm contemplating on driving it out west or down south somewhere...
  6. 2

U.S. driver safety group sues Ford over touch-screen systems

Just an update on the navigation that doesn't know how to get there. I took the car to the dealer several weeks ago and they performed an update on the head unit and whatever else. I sat there for nearly 2 hours but, the navigation may be more accurate. They said it now has all the latest...
  7. 2

SiriusXM Xtra channels.... Incompatible with every year/make/model

Oops, should have mentioned it's the transfer rate of ripping the albums from my desktop computer to the 3.0 that was much faster.
  8. 2

SiriusXM Xtra channels.... Incompatible with every year/make/model

I never put in for a Sirius subscription after the free trial ended. I was under the impression it was commercial free but, found out it's really not because the promote themselves and whatnot. Plus, I'm not into talk radio, news radio, gospel radio and similar. I bought a 3.0 32 gig thumb...
  9. 2

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

Well, I got rid of the Hankooks off the Sport this afternoon and put on Michelin Premier LTX tires. Only put maybe 50 miles on them so far but I can feel the difference. IMO, smoother / quieter ride and the steering seems more responsive. Had them installed at BJ's Warehouse Tire Center. They...
  10. 2

Lower Air Dam Intake Duct Falls Off / Missing

Mine also has the attachment clips in the holes. Anyway, I just finished checking with a friend of mine that works for Ford. He tells me that the primary reason the duct work is there is to cool the PTU. As for my Sport not having the duct, he's going to research that tomorrow. Regardless, I...
  11. 2

Explorer spark plugs replacement

Quite frankly, the plug changes on these don't look that difficult. Having done a plugs and COPS change on an '05 3.0, I found that engine a bit more involved as far as getting stuff out of the way. In fact I think "d rather tackle the EcoBoost instead of my "knuckle bustin" '03 supercharged...
  12. 2

I just received a call back from the dealership about the air duct... They said the parts department researched it, and "according to the VIN of my vehicle" it does not come with the air duct even though my '16 XSport with the tow package has the cutout in the fascia and the mounting points for it.
  13. 2

Just an update after bringing it to the dealer. Last week when I stopped in to make the appointment I gave them the part number listed above. That part number is not for the turbo ecoboost.. It's for a normally aspirated Explorer. So, they ordered the correct one and will call when it arrives.
  14. 2

What did you do to your 5th Gen?

For the back up bulbs I went with these: http://www.vleds.com/shop-application/reverse-back-up/7440-led/7440-21-ho-c.html For the interior, which I wasn't going to do, all the map / reading lamps take 4 #168 leds. The reason I changed them was that I ordered the led puddle lamps from here...
  15. 2

I also swapped out the reverse lights for a pair of VLeds, (1,100 lumens I believe) big difference. I like that the very weak "yellowish" light from the incandescent is gone. Looks much better via the back up camera too. I back in my garage and it's a very tight fit so, I need all the light I...
  16. 2

Lets see... so far I installed the LED puddle lamps, the VLED's back up bulbs and the OEM mud flaps. Got tired of listening to trial period SiriusXM.. supposed to be commercial free yet they have commercials about themselves, their music channels aren't that great plus I can't listen to sports...
  17. 2

2017 Explorer Crash damage

DAMN!!! Sorry to see that happen to your ride. I really don't like driving up there. I nearly got waffled heading south on 3 on my way to Pembroke / Hanover... I had NO IDEA they drove 60 - 70 mph down the shoulder a certain times of the day! Anyway, I hope all works out well for you. Oh, and...
  18. 2

Yup, I'm aware that it has to be removed. I just bought the Sport about 6 weeks ago and it has a "oil change" sticker from that dealer on the upper left of the windshield. I also know that it did not fall of while driving. So..... I stopped by the dealership this afternoon. I explained to them...
  19. 2

Thanks for the "heads up", this afternoon I went out and checked my '16 Sport and discovered nothing there. The opening is there in the valence as well as the mounting points but, no duct work. Looks like a trip back to the dealer is in store...
  20. 2

need help troubleshooting strange kazoo/harmonic noise...

Yes it is. Do a Google search on IACV noise there are a few videos on it. They tend to "gum up" over time hindering valve operation. Cleaning it with a carb cleaner MAY work but, only for a short period of time. (I've tried it) .
  21. 2

need help troubleshooting strange kazoo/harmonic noise...

As mentioned in the other thread, I would check the Intake Air Control Valve.
  22. 2

2002 ford truck question- can anyone help?

Without hearing what is sounds like.. I would check the Intake Air Control Valve. My '03 F-150 sounded like a duck at times, Changed out the IACV and problem solved.
  23. 2

U.S. driver safety group sues Ford over touch-screen systems

I agree 100%.. I had this '16 Sport for just over a month now and the navigation system is the dumbest I've ever experienced. It's an embarrassment. They should base a TV series on it like the old "Lost in Space" series and call it "Lost in States" based on owner experiences. And, just like the...
  24. 2

OEM Hankook Tires, Like or Dislike

A couple of weeks ago I bought a 2016 X Sport that came with Hankook S1 Nobles on it. I'm not sure how the S1's will work out but, I had a bad feeling when I saw them on the car. I haven't experienced anything bad yet in the roughly 2000 miles I've driven the vehicle. That said, I also have a...
Back