Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

2005 Explorer XLT

I have a digital resistance/volt meter and know how to use it, is there any info on how to check the clockspring, where and what it is?
  2. H

2005 Explorer XLT

My horn doesn't work and the airbag light is on. I carefully took the steering wheel airbag out to check the wiring, for the horn and airbag, could not find anything wrong. I'm guessing its one of the module's. Any ideas which one should i get? Thanks
  3. H

mileage question

I had my transmission replaced, now when i step of the gas, I can feel a definate slow down, it also shows on the speedometer, almost like the parking break is on. I checked all 4 rims for a pssoble axle lock up, but none seem to be peticular hot. Could it have something to do with the new...
  4. H

Which module

They did not catch anyone. I had the new keys reprogramed for $70.00
  5. H

Which module

2005 Explorer, Thief's tried to steal the car, broke the steering column. Had it replaced, the new key programmed, mow my horn or cruise doesn't work. Also the air bag light is lit, so I'm not sure if the drivers side airbag works. I took the front of the steering wheel off (leather/plastic...
  6. H

blend door actuator

2005 Explorer XLT. After replacing the blend door actuator, my ac doesn't work. nor can i turn off the heat. Also no matter what position i put the heat deflector in, it seems to come out any vent. I read somewhere, there is another actuator behind the passenger side rear door behind the plastic...
  7. H

3rd gen questions - New member

Hi, I'm a new member with a 2005 Explorer XLT. Seems since I purchased it 12 month ago, I have had one issue after another, new engine, now new transmission (re-manufactured). Hopefully I'm now down to the 2 nagging small issues I have left, 1. tire pressure sensor indicator after purchasing...
Back