Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

Rancho RS5374 Front Shock Review

Thanks Obie this is great Information.
  2. H

01 Sport - 15" Wheels

That Sport in all Silver looks Sweet Dweeberman.
  3. H

01 Sport - 15" Wheels

Actually Sports and all other Explorers from 2001 and later have larger front brakes. The 15 inch wheels for 2000 and earlier will NOT fit without interfering with 2001 Front brakes. I had to get a replacement wheel after an accident, the wheel I received wouldn't fit on my front hub. The...
  4. H

Dumb 02 sport question

I Wonder Ya think this was fords idea to prevent the roll-over problem. A little third shock to dampen the high center of gravity?
  5. H

Clunking noise over bumps

You might look into the BODY MOUNTS or insulators as ford calls them. Seems Ford tried some new type of "INSULATORS" and they wear out quickly, I've been hearing mine clunking near my liftgate for some time now.
  6. H

Wanted Does anybody know where to get a new tailgate hinge for a 2001 Ford Explorer XLT?

You could try ford parts giant, www.fordpartsgiant.com, they list parts available at ford dealers. Or you can try Vintage Parts, www.vpartsinc.com, they sell outdated parts for every car make. They're a bit hard to navigate though.
  7. H

01 Sport body mounts

Did you replace with ford body mounts or did you up-grade to aftermarket? What were the part numbers that you used?
  8. H

Do I have to change the oil filter when I change engine oil?

If any thing I would change my filter more often than changing the oil, IF and only IF your using Synthetic Oil. If your using Dino-oil Always change your Filter with the Oil. Cheap Protection
  9. H

18" Sport Trac wheels on 2010 Ex (pics)

Those are some sweet looking wheels. What was the Part#?
  10. H

Transmission Replacment?

It could be the fluid level in the trans. Maybe they didn't check the level when the truck was running in drive and being held back with the brake like they were supposed to. Funny things transmissions are with out enough fluid in them.
  11. H

2001 Ford Explorer Suspension Squeak

You might also check the tire jack access hatch in the left rear area. That has a tendency to rattle and squeak. I put some 1/8" foam weatherstripping on mine to quiet it.
  12. H

Power window 'sticking' on way down

I had a window stick and release shudder like after I bought my Ex Sport. Took it to the Stealership (under Warranty) they greased the hell out of it, That didn't fix it. Finally they took off the door panel. It was a Rivet in the scissor lifts. They installed a new rivet, fixed it just fine...
  13. H

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

White Out All the Way I'm just an Old Fart from the late 1970's muscle car era. So I like the Raised White Letter(RWL) and the White Outline Letter(WOL) Tires. Ah the Memories of my Firestone's on my Camaro.
  14. H

Brake Problem

That's interesting. could you describe this tool and where to get one? Because my brakes have been less effective since the Stealership did some work on my Ex.
  15. H

My MPG SUCKS for a v6!!!

Check your Tranny (in the car, not the street) Have you checked your Transmission? You may have a slippage problem. I know when I had the Stealership service my '01 Sport they messed up my trans when they pressure flushed it. My mileage went from 330mi per tank to 250mi per tank. My Sport...
  16. H

Weather Stripping???

Catalog, What Catalog Out of curiosity, What catalog are you writing about? Do you have the website? The reason I ask is that I'm having a problem with my rear lift gate latch that I need to repair. Any Help would be great, since ford can't get their years correct in their parts dept.
  17. H

Who sleeps in their Ex?

I slept in mine after a Hurricane blew through. No Electricity in the house, and the coolest place to sleep. Plus I could at least listen to the radio.
  18. H

gas mileage

Don't forget to check for trans slippage. After I took my 2001 sport to the stealership and they "flushed" the trans My mileage dropped like a stone. Went from 330mi per tank to 250mi per tank. I can feel the trans slipping, now it drives like and old land-yacht instead of a "sport"...
  19. H

Window channel ???

I also had a problem with the door windows in my '01 Sport (only 2 doors). Passenger door I had repaired at Stealership, was under warranty, They found, after greasing the hell out the window, that there was a Rivet that had broken in the regulator. It could be that's what is going on with...
  20. H

Transmission Service

I don't care for the flush method because the filter isn't changed. I would think that if there is any trash anywhere it would have a good chance of getting in the wrong place with a flush. It did in my trans.
  21. Wheel Offset Diagram

Wheel Offset Diagram

22. H

how do u turn a 2wheel drive into a 4x4

Or you could slide out the mechanics, electrics, and chassis from your 2WD '86. Then slide in the mechanics, electrics, and chassis from a 4WD. Me I'd just buy a cheep 4WD to beat on
  23. H

Adjust parking brake on 2001 sport

Uh not to be picky, but if you remove the rotor. You then can't adjust the starwheel till it rubs the rotor. Right?
  24. H

ABS question

Is it true that when a car/truck has ABS brakes that they have to be Pressure Bled? I seem to remember reading that some where, Or I may just be going daffy in my old age, again.
  25. H

Stock tire

The 16" Rims are the Upgrade size, the regular grade is 15" Rims with 235/75 R15's
Back