Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Shop says my explorer is finished, is this true?!

The intake manifold gaskets, if installed improperly, can cause the lean codes! I had p171 codes on my 98 explorer, and it only had 13k miles on it. The gaskets had gone bad.. replaced them and no problem...
  2. S

P1507: anyone get this code before?

Well the good thing with Amazon, using returns are fully covered, especially if the part is wrong, they pay for the shipping back too
  3. S

Seems several are acceptable. Did a search for 96 explorer idle air , you can see the selection, and the Motorcraft part numbers in the second one
  4. S

Search Amazon for that part number then, I took the part number from the thread...
  5. S

That's always wise, I've found ebay loaded with such things, Amazon, not so much, but it does happen to be sure
  6. S

Try Amazon! I find tons of oem parts cheaper than at the autoparts store Try Amazon! I find tons of oem parts cheaper than at the autoparts store
  7. S

Solved Spare Tire Tools

Go to the local junk yard
  8. S

SOLVED - HELP! No crank, no start, and no communication with PCM

May be simplistic, but did you try starting it in neutral?
  9. S

98 Explorer anti-theft

You can get the codes to program them here https://www.motorcraftservice.com/keycode/keycodelookup A locksmith or ford will have to program it though
  10. S

97 Mountaineer grille…Yeti?

My friend had one too!
  11. S

Troubleshooting PATS

Do you have a remote start or aftermarket alarm? If you do, they can get confused, if you use both remotes, if you have an aftermarket device, you should only use the aftermarket..
  12. S

98 Mountaineer Front License Plate Mount Fasteners

Sorry to barge in, but I just replaced my front bumper, and need one of those clips, what the heck are they called?
  13. S

what kind of mileage do you all get ??

It is but it isn't.
  14. S

If it’s not one effing thing...

Clean the idle air sensor.
  15. S

Searched to no avail...recommended rear leaf replacement brand 2000 Monty?

Hi,. open chrome and do a Google search for the following line 2000 mercury mountaineer rear leaf springs I found a ton of vendors selling them
  16. S

1996 explorer surging at idle

My 98 4.0 SOHC had that issue, and after doing smoke tests, replacing a bunch of parts. I finally had the intake manifold gaskets replaced and that resolved it !
  17. S

Another Lean Code Mystery: P0171 & P0174

Been chasing 171/174 codes on my 98 sohc , that has less than 20k miles on it for a year, replaced pcv, egr, idle air sensor, smoke tested it. Finally bit the bullet this past weekend and had the intake manifold and a few other upper gaskets replaced. Now on a cold morning, less than 70f, the...
  18. S

1998 Explorer XLT rear bumper, What years will fit it

Yeah ive heard different stories in different threads, and some stated the XLT is different. So before ordering a used one i want to make sure i am getting on that will bolt on..
  19. S

Has anyone tried those LED headlight conversion assemblies. If so, are they brighter? Stable?

Just to update, I ended up getting these Glowtecks, https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01KHUYL5C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 I couldn't be happier, they even light up over the highway signs and side of the road signs on cloudy but bright days.
  20. S

1998 Explorer XLT rear bumper, What years will fit it

I have a cherry 98 xlt, except that the rear bumper is has rust holes. Finding an exact 98 has proven difficult, so i am wondering what other years will be a direct bolt on fit.
Back