Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. massacre

Throttle Cable 94 Still Available?

PM received:)
  2. massacre

If the cable is the same, i'm interested. No junk yards around here with 1st gen explorers unfortunately. I'm not opposed to a used cable at all, thank you 410!
  3. massacre

Mice chewed the insulation off my throttle cable. Throttle sticks sometimes so i keep spraying it. It's kinda dangerous so I would like to replace the cable. I'm not seeing anything available. Would anyone have the part# for the throttle cable? Or are there aftermarket cables that aren't too...
  4. massacre

Rear Brake Line Fittings Size

Just as a follow up- The fittings for the rear brake hard lines are 3/8"-24 Just in case anyone else needs to know this
  5. massacre

Thanks for the helpful response! Much appreciated.
  6. massacre

Hello, Is the muffler for the 94 XLT 4WD an offset in, center out? Thanks. Also the rear steel brake line passenger side is leaking at the junction block above the pumpkin. Does anyone know the brake fitting size/pitch? I can make the line but the fittings are not in great shape. And is it a...
  7. massacre

Cheap scanner to scan a 94 XLT?

I bought one of those Innova 3145 OBD-I readers and it was a piece of crap. Just FYI
  8. massacre

92 4.0 tired engine

I would love to swap my 94 to a V8, you guys are really selling me on it! Lmao
  9. massacre

I Need help with vacuum lines

The "octopus" lol Welcome
  10. massacre

94 Explorer - died while driving, now crank no start, no fuel pump prime, no CEL on dash when trying to start

I had this same issue, crank/no start, no fuel pump prime, no CEL while cranking. Truck died on me several times while running as well. I removed the fuel pump relay, and used a power probe to send 12v to the fuel pump. Fuel pump ran. Then looked into the circuit- fuel pump relay runs off ECM...
  11. massacre

Thanks all !!

Very cool
  12. massacre

Cooling System issue

+1 on the ease of heater core replacement on these. My early fox body (non AC) is just as easy. But a fox body with AC is a complete nightmare. When i had swinging coolant temp, it ended up being heads cracked between the valves.
  13. massacre

91-94 any truck with ABS on the four weels?

I know my 1st gen has front ABS. Had to buy a special socket for the ABS sensors. the vanes might not be visible because of the dust shield?
  14. massacre

Bearings going out

I used to like the convenience of the auto hubs, but now i like the reliability of the manual hubs.
  15. massacre

Front Fenders?

Most on ebay are local pickup only, unfortunately and they are nowhere near me. All of the 1st and most 2nd gens have turned to rust and disappeared lmao Also- Searching on LKQ will only let me go back to 1995, and 2nd gen fenders are completely different than 1st gen. I'll see what they say...
  16. massacre

1994 explorer coolant loss

My heads were cracked between the valves on a couple cylinders. Pretty sure the truck was overheated before i bought it.
  17. massacre

Front Fenders?

I did a search for Certifit locations and nothing came up. I'm guessing there are no locations near me. We do have LKQ so i'll call on Monday and see what i can find. Thanks for the help!
  18. massacre

1994 Steering Problem

Hahaha no, i fixed it 5 years ago, just forgot to update. When i pulled the axles out, they were sticking straight out, completely frozen. It's a wonder the truck would steer at all!
  19. massacre

Front Fenders?

Went to car part.com, did a search and they said 0 results. I'll keep looking thanks
  20. massacre

1994 Steering Problem

Just a follow up- It ended up being the fact that the 4x4 axle shaft u-joints were rusted solid. Replaced those and back to normal.
  21. massacre

Front Fenders?

I'm not opposed to that, but i don't really want flares or need oversized wheel openings. Does anyone make fiberglass fenders with a stock-like fit? Thanks for the info
  22. massacre

Front Fenders?

One thing i can tell you- up here in MA there are pretty much zero 1st gen explorers left, even in salvage yards. I guess i could try used fenders but not a lot of people want to ship those (understandable). I was wanting new since the rest of the truck is in great shape. Thanks for all the...
  23. massacre

Front Fenders?

I am in need of both front fenders for my 94 4WD XLT. Any sources for new parts? Thanks in advance.
  24. massacre

Broken doors

Thanks for the part #! I found some on ebay, but the shipping was WAY too much. I'll keep looking, really appreciate it
Back