Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Show off your mud

Haze Phoenix my old 150 Done by me. By my daughter
  2. F

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

Looking good. The only thing Im seeing is the rear truss. There will be a lot of stress on the upper links, especially when you have some wheel hop. I would try to gusset it more and also try to tie it to either the rear cover or the pinion snout. Other then that I dont think you will need a...
  3. F

New to towing, Question

If you have never towed before, backing will be fun. Go to a parking lot and practice. Put 1 hand at the bottom of the wheel. Which ever way you want the trailer to go, move your hand in that direction. this is the easiest way Ive found to teach people to reverse a trailer.
  4. F

August 2012 - Patriotic Rig

Very old picture but still Haze.
  5. F

2012 Carlisle All Ford Nats June 1-3

Tim, not the first time Haze has strapped someone off the rocks at Carlisle. lol
  6. F

Oh forgot, only at all trucks.. Nothing at any other show.
  7. F

Well guys, I just found out no more rock pile. They are doing a stupid heep days thing. It will be a bunch of dirt piles and offer to show members to have a go. So Im not sure what I'm doing. Driving Jake onto the field or just riding Nasty up and walk in.
  8. F

Doors

Check the thread about my 3/4 doors. There are connectors just inside the body in the doorjamb. My doors
  9. F

ranger meet in pa

Might hit the cycle show and all ford. Not sure yet.
  10. F

ranger meet in pa

I'd be up for a meet but Haze wouldn't be there... Either Jake or Nasty would be there.
  11. F

lol I just planted the seed, he is running with it. sounds better Rookie
  12. F

You are replacing the stock all together right? Not adding this to it? The stock stamped steel piece will not hold up as a link mount.
  13. F

The sas of Betty Ford

I'll throw my 2 cents in. Get the proper misalignment spacers for the heim joints. You have a lot of stress points with those tubing spacers. That could get your angles better, maybe even swap back to a stock pitman arm.
  14. F

USAF stationed in Spain

Well what is it doing? what noise is it making? Talk to anyone at the motor pool? Is there an auto hobby shop on base?
  15. F

3/4 doors Not tube.

I don't worry about rain. But my interior is gutted so nothing to get damaged.
  16. F

You might want to add 2 tabs to the ramps. Use some heavy spikes to drive into the ground so they dont slide. Or just drill 2 holes into the angle iron legs.
  17. F

Hey Rick. This shot really shows the rear steer during flex. The single triangulated rear would still have some. The double eliminates almost all flex steer.
  18. F

Divorced Trasfer Case?

I've even see a couple divorced cases as a doubler. Dont see why it will not work.
  19. F

Zapper's tow rig Jake got jaked

No not that way. I started Thursday night, finished the front Friday night. Had a couple friends over Saturday and finished the rear in a little over 2 hours. Meet the new and improved Jake. 4" superlift up front. 5 1/2" procomp lift in the rear. (3" block and AAL) 35 12.50 18 Procomp...
  20. F

Mid April Rausch Run

I have a couple ranger friends going that day. We could hook up and run the greens and blues.. I would volunteer to guide.. There is a RCroc race so the NE side is limited access to that side. But it costs 10 bucks more to go over there anyway.
  21. F

mini spool or not mini spool?!

The mini spool will break. I destroyed 2 in my truck before welding the rear. A friend had one in his BII this an explorer 8.8 and after 1000 road miles it was almost destroyed. Mine has been welded 5 years now and no problems.
  22. F

a front pig n axle ?

Just check the gear ratio first.
  23. F

Heck I'm still on the stock shafts on my 8.8. It has been welded for 5 years now and no problem with the shafts or the pig. Ive been through a couple 44 shafts. Stock and chromo have been busted. Stubs, ears, even the splines in at the spool. That was fun to get the splines out of the diff, had...
  24. F

Calling all 2 doors..

I did the 4 door before the SAS. I would recommend it to all sport owners.
Back