Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Poll: Which brand lights?

Matt and I got your lightforce right here......
  2. M

Just a little FYI about PIAA And other Lights.

I like my PIAA superwhites, real impressed. One of mine burned out last week, so I went to 4 Wheel Parts and they replaced it for free. Turns out, the bulbs have a one year warranty:) PIAA's for life is what that means;)
  3. M

Hella 550's

The PIAA 9007's are great, I am happy with them. My KC's are brighter, but hey, the 9007's are JUST headlight replacements. Some people expect too much from those lights.
  4. M

Kc Problem?

Just tighten the bottom nut, that should help it.
  5. M

What are some good PIAAs or Hellas?

You can also consider KC's, they are pretty good. As far as I know, from spending a lot of time at 4 Wheel Parts, most Hellas and PIAA's are a pretty penny. But, if you have to go with one of the two, go with PIAA, they are better than Hella. What type of light are you looking for? Fog, pencil...
  6. M

Pro Comp

You can search the internet for some, or you can try some of the local 4x4 shops, or truck accessories shops in your area.
  7. M

Pro Comp

Lights - 6" Shock Mounted Our shock mounted lights began with the famous Daylighter that we invented and patented in 1972. Not only does the Daylighter use a heavy-duty rubber gasket (bulb holder) that isolates the lens, reflector, and bulb from the metal housing and elements of weather, but...
  8. M

Pro Comp

Yeah, and I hear those KC Daylighters are pretty good.
  9. M

Off road lights

Nuff said. Me and Matt can use signals to comminicate at night:)
  10. M

off road lights

I have 14 KC lights on my truck, they do pretty good, 10 of them are the 165 watt Daylighters, I'm kinda in a class my own. Plenty bright like JDraper said. Good luck.
  11. M

Power for Light's?

I have 14 KC lights on my truck, powered by a Red Top Optima battery, and a stock 135 amp alternator. It seems to handle it fine, with no problems. I will upgrade to a dual set-up soon however. www.F150World.com/Mudder
  12. M

Poll: Which brand lights?

Your biggest KC fan here. I love em, and wouldn't change for nothin.
  13. M

PIAA Superwhites Poll!

I really like them also, very pleased. Hope to get the matching fogs soon.
  14. M

KC Daylighters

LOL....who are you Matt, Chris Benoit..lol....prove me wrong. If you don't watch wrestling, then you want get the joke. Wrestler Chris Benoits saying is "Prove me Wrong". I know this is a old topic, but I am checking on all the topics that have to do with KC lights;)
  15. M

Does anyone know about this lightbar?

Very true my friend, very true.
  16. M

Pro Comp lights?

I can ask you the same thing. And know what, two don't work fine for me. I guess I just wonder about some things. I have seen those lights at 4 wheel parts, just seem to big, for me atleast. Guess what I'm trying to say is, you can't have 10 of those on a truck.
  17. M

Pro Comp lights?

They just seem so big, can't use but a couple I guess. Why an 8" anyway, when a 6" works even better?
  18. M

PIAA vs. Pilot

That is very true. Maybe I can get Ron at KC to swap out the chromes for black. Can't hurt to ask:)
  19. M

PIAA vs. Pilot

Ok, I remember now. That's cool, glad you got the banner. Those lights look real good on your roof, makes me wish I had 6 black on top instead of chrome. But back over a year ago, I didn't know I was gonna be adding so many lights. LOL....I just post where all the Fords are at. And wherever...
  20. M

PIAA vs. Pilot

Hey Jim L, So you like your KC All-season kit? I just got that in the 5x7s, and really like them. I have the clear fog lenses on now, was runnin with the amber ones on but everybody said it looked weird, so I took them off and stuck with clear. Nice Ranger. I'm currently at a 4,214,000...
  21. M

PIAA vs. Pilot

Are you saying that Pilot is better than PIAA? I thought PIAA was better, infact I still do. I never really even see Pilot lights anywhere anymore.
  22. M

Daylighters..Found for a good $

I would go with the 150 watts. The 100's are good but they are halogens where as the 150's are a sealed beam, and VERY bright. 200,000 candle power to 385,000 candlepower.
  23. M

KC DAYLIGHTERS

O'Reilys autoparts or Autozone is all I can think of.
  24. M

pulled over for lights

That's cool. Well, I'm pretty much close to the corner of Green Oaks, and Lamar. If you know where they are building all the new houses, I'm in that area.
  25. M

KC Daylighters

Here are their new green covers: Dead Link Removed
Back