Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

blue screen

More often than not the backup camera screen turns blue. I received a recall notice in the mail and had my local Ford dealer perform the update....... 24 hours later it's still doing it. Has anyone else experienced the same problem?
  2. B

2020 ford explorer issues

I bought a new 2020 XLT back in November and just traded it in due to the issues I was having and Ford's response as well as the dealer. It shifted rough on downshifts/up shifts/ skipping gears and shift hesitation. The dealer confirmed these problems and said it's widespread throughout Ford's...
  3. B

2020 Explorer Issues 6MO/2K Miles

I checked on the FSB and the build dates are 1.5 months after mine was built
  4. B

Just called dealership and got an update : 1. It is averaging 20mpg on the highway which is considered normal 2. It does shift rough and there is a problem. Ford has not come out with a repair yet but it still has plenty of warranty left 3. There is a chemical odor coming from the vents but...
  5. B

My 2020 Explorer has been sitting in the shop for over a week. It will be interesting to see what the outcome is with it considering the amount of issues it has. They at least gave me a new Explorer Limited off the lot as a loaner 1. 200 miles per tank of gas- loaner is getting 300-325 miles...
  6. B

2020 ford explorer issues

My wife had a 2019 GMC Acadia which was bought back as a lemon. We decided to go with a new 2020 Explorer XLT built in 10/19 and now I'm not sure if I made the right decision. It is 5 months old with 2200 miles and so far I have noticed the following issues : 1. Transmission shifts roughly 2...
  7. B

Overly Sensitive gas pedal

I have noticed that intermittently upon acceleration from a stop the Explorer will jolt or jump forward with the slightest acceleration. Does anyone else have a similar problem?
  8. B

Buy back tips

I recently had a buyback experience with my 2019 F-150. I bought the truck brand new from the Ford dealer on 8/16/2019. Within 24 hours of purchasing the truck I noticed several paint defects including small dots of primer showing thru the paint and specs of welding material that was painted...
  9. B

Who has had NO problems at all?

I think most issues people are experiencing are on early build models
  10. B

Who has had NO problems at all?

2020 XLT built 10/2019 no issues
  11. B

Prices Paid for Explorer (6th Generation Only)

2020 Explorer XLT with the 200A package, Star White tri-coat, tow package, comfort package. MSRP $41,890, Paid $35,000. In Idaho
  12. B

2020 Paint Issues

I would turn around and demand a replacement. No body shop can exactly match the factory paint or clear coat finish.
  13. B

2020 Paint Issues

I've called several PDR guys in my area (Boise) and they all use the old method of prying the dents out from the inside
  14. B

2020 Paint Issues

Right after I made this post my mother in law was visiting and she leaned on the rear passenger door and her ring put a nice indentation in the metal. Had the paintless dent guy at the dealer look at it and where it's located the only way to gain access he said was to drill a hole in the door...
  15. B

2020 Paint Issues

I have a 2020 Explorer built 10/19 in Star White and have noticed three dirt nibs that was painted over at the factory. They are about the size of a pin. Two are under the base coat and one is under just the clear coat. Is it worth bringing to to the dealers attention or are minor paint defects...
  16. B

Buying a 2020 Explorer

My wife has always been a fan of GMC and last year she/we bought a new 2019 Acadia. Within a week of taking delivery the trips to the service department started. Within 6 months it had been in the shop over 8 times and the dealership still couldn't get all the issues resolved. The sales manager...
Back