• Register Today It's free!

2020 Explorer Issues 6MO/2K Miles

bjarnold1

Reaction score
City, State
Nampa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Explorer XLT
My 2020 Explorer has been sitting in the shop for over a week. It will be interesting to see what the outcome is with it considering the amount of issues it has. They at least gave me a new Explorer Limited off the lot as a loaner

1. 200 miles per tank of gas- loaner is getting 300-325 miles per tank with same commute
2. Rough shifting
3. Chemical odor from A/C vents and not cooling properly
4. All of the Sandstone seats are discolored. Neighbor seems to think it's a chemical reaction with the dye used in the cloth and the padding underneath. Dealer was sending photos into Ford to approve all new upholstery
5. Random chunk of plastic fell out from underneath the drivers seat

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good luck. And welcome to the forum!

I had mine 1 day before it ended up back in the shop for a week to diagnose and fix a loose ground wire that bricked the vehicle. No more problems since so hopefully you are good for a long time after you get things fixed.

Just called dealership and got an update :

1. It is averaging 20mpg on the highway which is considered normal
2. It does shift rough and there is a problem. Ford has not come out with a repair yet but it still has plenty of warranty left
3. There is a chemical odor coming from the vents but they can not pinpoint where it is coming from
4. Still waiting for Ford to give the OK to replace all seat covers
5. Plastic piece was from a seat repair done before it was put on the lot

I checked on the FSB and the build dates are 1.5 months after mine was built

Back