Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Shocks and Struts

I did on the same day of my OP. No response yet.
  2. C

Shocks and Struts

I've been looking around and I'm seeing Bilstein B6 being recommended for the Explorer Sport and B4 for the Explorer Base. The funny thing is that the B4 is showing that it fits the Explorer Base, Sport, and the PIU while the B6 is showing it only fits the Base and Sport Explorer and not the...
  3. C

Bluetooth Cellular

Thanks! Looks like I'll try replacing the Audio Control Module
  4. C

Bluetooth Cellular

Hi all! I have a 2014 PIU with the 4" screen and Sync 1.1 I can sync my phone to the system and play music...that all works fine. The problem is when a phone call happens. During an outgoing or incoming call, the other party can hear me, but I can't hear them. I've tried turning up the volume...
  5. C

Shocks and Struts

Looking through the forums and online I'm getting all kinds of differing info on shocks and struts. I need to replace them on the 2014 PIU I just bought, but I would like a smoother ride (don't want to feel all the bumps in the road). Compared to my Crown Vic, I can feel every little pebble on...
  6. C

Has anyone had luck getting prior Municipality service records?

Not sure of the laws in your state, but in TN we can file an open Records request for government documents. I just sent a request in to the Department of Public Safety stating the VIN # of my former Trooper PIU and a request for copies of all service and maintenance records related to the vehicle.
  7. C

Horn location

That's a horn loop to wire an air horn into the steering wheel horn button.
  8. C

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

My FPIU came with the push bumper mounts, but no push bumper! I fixed that today :-)
  9. C

Restore your plastic trim....

Interesting, I'll have to try that at some point.
  10. C

Actually it keeps it looking great for about 6 months to a year. ...and yes, the plastic soaks it up. Takes a few coats if oxidation is bad.
  11. C

February EF Lottery

Loving these pics! This is one of my favorites from the Florida Keys. What an amazing way to spend the Christmas season with my wife...watching this play out while devouring our Keylime Pie! But you don't need to be in Florida to see a beautiful sunset! I walked outside and took this from my...
  12. C

PIU Dash Speaker

My PIU is a former trooper vehicle and the equipment plate was looking pretty ugly with a ton of holes and adhesive residue. I wanted to install a speaker there for my ham radio gear, but replacing the equipment plate with a civilian speaker grille was something like $100 for the part. I ended...
  13. C

This also works on the windshield wiper arms (not the blades) BTW!
  14. C

Police Interceptor Utility Photo Thread

Picked up my black (ex-THP) 2014 today for some recall work and it was parked next to this beauty.
  15. C

2014 PIU Explorer - Radiator Fans DOA

Sorry, this is a cross post...I'm very new to the forum and tried to move my post from the PIU section, but couldn't. Moderators, please feel free to delete or move a post if you feel it is in the wrong section. Just discovered that both radiator fan one and two have an issue in my 2014 PIU...
  16. C

Radiator fans won't come on

Just discovered that both radiator fan one and two have an issue in my 2014 PIU. I'm pulling codes P0480 & P0481. I've replaced the related fuses and relays in the fuse box under the hood...still no dice. Is there another fan control module or something I should be looking to replace or test...
  17. C

Wire Locations PIU

Thank you, TJP!
  18. C

Wire Locations PIU

Just getting started on my new (to me) 2014 PIU. I'll be transferring my ham radio equipment from my CV. Also looking to attach a radio rebroadcast speaker behind the grill. I've attached a couple of pics of the wire harness that the motor pool chopped up, and then a I found a Police 6/14 way...
  19. C

Preventive water pump replacement or extended warranty

Thanks Sixone, Most of the service was done by the THP motor pool. I have an open records request in for the service history, but who knows how long gov't will take :-/ If I do change out the pump, I'll take your advice and get the other components replaced at the same time as well.
  20. C

Preventive water pump replacement or extended warranty

Got a sweet deal on an immaculate 2014 PIU at state auction. You can barely even hear the 3.7L engine running! It was a State Trooper unit, so it has high highway miles at 170,000. I'm debating on spending $300-400 on an extended powertrain warranty to take me to 200,000 or to just go ahead...
  21. C

Coupon Codes for Forum Members

Hi Benny! Looking for a front passenger side seatbelt buckle assembly for a 2014 Police Interceptor Utility. Cam
  22. C

Cigarette Smoke Removal from 'New to me' 2018

Ozone generator is the only thing I've seen that really works on penetrating odors like that.
Back