Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Ricks Bronco: 1and 1/2

That filter element might be a little too fine for a gravity flow prefilter. Compare to the sock style prefilters used even in cases where the prefilter is just before the high pressure fuel pump. http://www.google.com/m/search?site=images&source=mog&gl=us&q=fuel%20filter%20sock#i=0
  2. S

I would still coat the inside if the tank if I were you. Por15 makes a pretty good product for that. http://www.por15.com/US-STANDARD-TANK-SEALER/productinfo/TSG/
  3. S

Something w/ rabbits. 72.5 pages of BS

That heat sink will do nicely.
  4. S

Holy giant pic batman...
  5. S

Iz, you might want to modify the MS mounting. The heatsink on the MS3 board is intended to make contact with the aluminum case to increase surface area for cooling. You might want to add in something similar to your mounting solution. (which looks great btw)
  6. S

I figured you would put it back on. I meant I would not modify the skid to be closer to the tank. That way there is room for the skid to bend in if you take a good hit. (Sorry for the brevity before, I posted from my phone.)
  7. S

I would leave the skid as is to allow for any shift if it takes a hit.
  8. S

How about a fabbed pop up style, like this one...
  9. S

I know this one won't work as this isn't a full size GM, but here's an aftermarket crossmember that achieves what you're trying to do. Maybe give you some ideas. http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/enginecrossmember.htm
  10. S

I would replace all of your rocker nuts. I made the mistake of reusing those style nuts, and ended up having one back off on a long trip so much that it threw the pushrod while climbing a hill pulling a trailer :eek:. The pinch style locknuts "wear out" after a few removal and reinstall...
  11. S

I gave you the wrong link for ORD. They are at http://www.offroaddesign.com. They have a lot of good stuff too. Kert at Diy4x is also pretty good at custom fab, if you give him a call, he will try to work with you on what you need.
  12. S

Try diy4x.com or ord.com.
  13. S

Yea, I had guessed that you would only have one pass. I couldn't tell how far over the rad was. The half wall is a good idea too.
  14. S

How about its proximity to the right arm of your rear passenger?
  15. S

So, how come you are mounting your rad there instead of facing rearward in the back? (Like the Baja trucks)
  16. S

You may need to enable dual O2, so that you can read the afr2 values. Then the value read can be used in the calculation to be assigned to Oilpress. First remove the adc6 line. Then try to read the afr2 value in the line for the Oilpress calculation. Depending on how the ini is set up...
  17. S

Heres a vid of a car running Megatunix w/ MS. Oh and Megatunix can run on windows as well. Just search Megatunix in youtube to see examples.
  18. S

You also might want to look into megatunix as you want this to run whenever you run your truck, linux may be a better, more reliable solution.
  19. S

Not sure what the pressure senders specs are, but if one side of the sensor has 12V, then the sensor could send out 12V. If you are not using the oil pressure sender to drive an analog gauge, then you could send 5V to the sensor instead of the 12V, eliminating the need for a divider circuit...
  20. S

Are you planning on using two O2 sensors? If so, the second needs to use ADC6/JS5 as that's where the code looks for the signal. If you aren't using knock sensing you may be able to use ADC7/JS4. If you are powering the sensor with the stock 12V, you will need a voltage divider circuit...
  21. S

He doesn't need them. But since there are four there currently, he can use the extras as spares and plug the other holes.
  22. S

The biggest advantage to a WB02 is the ability to tune at WOT. So for most trail usage the NB02 would be sufficient.You may even be able to use two of them. I can't remember for sure. Remember you don't want to run at 14.7 at large throttle angle with load. So that just requires some...
  23. S

Yep. Looks good. The varying voltage that you posted earlier indicated that the signal was pulsing as well. The varying pulse widths lead to different average voltages, as in PWM motor control.
  24. S

You'll also have to have the 36-1 wheel input to the EDIS. Bite the bullet and fire the engine..... :cool:
  25. S

Sounds like its working to me...
Back