Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

im back

i think thats what im gonna end up doing, but just as before, i cant decide between skyjacker springs or the spring mounts. cost v. performance. plus the skyjacker springs are supposed to be softer than stock, so that will smooth out the ride. i think im gonna do shackles in the back, but im...
  2. E

im back

http://www.autofab.com/mdl_44_ranger.htm thats really what peaked my intrest in it, i assume everything would work for the explorer as well. i doubt ill do anything that hardcore right now, more of a pipe dream than anything. i just wanna keep my 31's from rubbing (my wheels have like 2...
  3. E

im back

and still looking to lift the explorer. i think i want about a 2-3" lift, nothing more. just doing some reading around, it sounds like i should go with extended radius arms to get more travel? i want to get a kit that actually works good, more travel, softer, all that good stuff, not just a...
  4. E

91 burnout

my poor baby doesnt burnout anymore. the 31's dont really help, but she used to be able to light em up pretty good. all stock with 200k miles, and 3.73 posi
  5. E

94 explorer 4x4 4.0 suspension

or if you have a 4 door, you could swap in 2 door leaf springs to drop it a bit (and keep some ground clearance)
  6. E

26.5 MPG in an OHV!!

i got a 4x4 ohv, 31's with 3.73's and the average for my las few tanks is like 12 mpg, mostly city driving.
  7. E

2 inch lift kit

damn, thats not too bad, gotta find out when they do that near me!
  8. E

'97 V8 D60/70HD swap.....finally

that looks like the 18" breaker bar we sell at autozone.
  9. E

Ranger lmtd. 3.0 diesel

id love that swap. haha. diesel ftw!
  10. E

2 inch lift kit

i got my 31's (2 tires pretty worn, 2 half tread) with rims for 150. most new 31's will run about 120 for a/t's and 150 for m/t's retail.
  11. E

2 inch lift kit

right, its a little rubber block that stretches out a coil segment so it lengthens the spring. i know its stiffer, and not a proper way to lift it, but itll have to do until i get some more $
  12. E

2 inch lift kit

its a little rubber thing that goes in between 2 coils. http://members.aol.com/solomiata/coilover.jpg you can see em in that pic towards the bottom of the spring. theyre like that (but mine dont look so sloppy) its just a temp fix till i get the funds to lift it properly (and it saves my...
  13. E

2 inch lift kit

im in the same boat as you, sorta. i got some 31's and they rub so i trimmed the running boards and threw in a coil spacer (bought it for 5 bucks at autozone) temporarily, but i wanna get the skyjacker front coils, shackles, and some 0-2" lift shocks. i have no clue when they were replaced last.
  14. E

did my first "off-road" mod

well... it rubbed on the running boards, so i cut them back and added some spring spacers, now it barely rubs at all (and sometimes it doesnt).
  15. E

!!! someone be excited with me!
  16. E

Tuning Issue--look inside

do you preload when you launch? i know it makes a huge difference for me.
  17. E

SWEET! got some 31's today, i love them, but they rub on the running boards. im gonna try to cut them since my mom complained about me removing the airbox snorkle (she didnt notice the holed drilled in the side) and told me "no more removing parts! if they came on it, they belong on it!"
  18. E

Oil pressure drop

fram is ftl. i wouldnt use one if i got a truckload for free. and holy thick oil batman! 15w40? i still run 5w30 in my explorer, whats your reasoning for running so thick?
  19. E

U joint replacement problems

its like... a ratchet, that doesnt ratchet with a long handle. ratchet + pipe (aka cheater bar) does the same thing, but ratchets are a lot weaker than breaker bars.
  20. E

Throttle cable mod

i was checking this out on my 94 explorer, and my gas pedal has 2 cables. one seems like its the throttle cable, and the other one is like, a limiting cable with a spring on it. anyone have the same setup as me and still do the mod? thanks!
  21. E

1991 Ford Explorer suspension/ride

i think bad bushings would make it ride sloppier (softer) than anything. mabye try some softride springs (2" lift though) if nothing else works?
  22. E

U joint replacement problems

wow, i broke them right away with a 18" breaker bar. id try spraying them with pb blaster, letting them sit overnight, then spraying them again a few minutes before you try to take them off again.
  23. E

do you have just mufflers or the whole shebang?
  24. E

RangerX's big brother

superduty's ftw. i want one! if i got paid more, id probably get one.
  25. E

im paying her back 250 a month (be done in 6 monts, but ill pay her 7 months for intrest) she decided that was fair. i would also get a flowmaster muffler (just weld a mounting plate to the muffler and have it exit under the car), so the only thing stock would be the cat. most likely gonna...
Back