Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

1994 Explorer Bumpers free to good home

I have a set of bumpers for my 1994 Limited Explorer that is years gone now, I have no use for these. They are green in color and if you need them they are yours for the pickup...I iwll not even consider shipping. I actually forgot that I had them under my back deck. Co0ntact me at FM J B (Tee)...
  2. P

Cruise Control Issues

Glad you found it I wish mine were that easy to fix.....my front seal on my A4DL went out wednesday
  3. P

Lost transmission fluid today

Original Transmission
  4. P

Thanks FR-425 I know about staking, I used to do quite a bit of gunsmithing on 1911s and Colt Pythons. Reading a bit deeper into the thread it recommends having the seal machined out to remain concentric...what are the odds of finding a used tranny and just replace it...am I shooting in the...
  5. P

94 Limited my A4LD leaking badly

while driving my transmission started leaking badly between the engine and bellhousing....bad news for this old girl I have had for so long. I read nothing but bad news about this transmission...now to make a decision to replace or scrap the vehicle. THis is a good stock vehicle in very good...
  6. P

front, right where the cross hatch pattern is where the bellhousing meets the engine :mad:
  7. P

Bad to worse Added 4 quarts and the leak appears to be between the engine and transmission, ther is a weep hole there and it pours out....I could move the vehicle just fine but a steady stream of fluid came out.....not sure if the old Limited is worth repair or not....nothing really wrong with...
  8. P

If none on the stick, how much I add to start this process ? Also any Automatic transmission fluid labeled for Ford use ?
  9. P

I was driving to work (30 mile ) and half way there I noticed a car right behind me and a lot of smoke. I thought that car is sure smoking bad...then it passed and and the smoke was still there..a quick glance and good oil pressure and engine in the cool zone on the temp gauge....no warning...
  10. P

How do you remove third brake light?

Mine is 1st. Gen
  11. P

For Sale A few 1st gen parts for sale

3rd in lime I want the intake manifold if it falls through
  12. P

1st gen limited parts

Hello Email and PM's sent I will pick this up
  13. P

How do you remove third brake light?

Spare one Mine has a crack in it, any9one have a spare one cheap ? Thanks Dwight
  14. P

1st gen limited parts

Mine are broken too, but my rear bumper is severely messed up thanks to a tree
  15. P

1st gen limited parts

Bumper I need a rear bumper, I could pick it up in a week or so, I live in Alabama, If the front bumper falls through I can take that too. What color are they ? Thanks Dwight
  16. P

A question on my 1994 Limited

Hello.....AC help Any body ..........anything ???????????????????
  17. P

A question on my 1994 Limited

My 94 AC did not work this spring, I charged it up and found a leak in the accumulator which I am waiting on parts to replace. My question is with the control on cold and the AC/Head/Defrost slider set to off and the blower turned off I get very warm air when driving through the AC panel vents...
  18. P

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

Removal Does it just unbolt or is there anything special to look out for on this item ?? Thanks Dwight
  19. P

How to: Rebuild 4X4 Shift Motor

Getting ready to try this ....but I have a question What is the big rubber wheel thingee for ??...its on the outside and to the left of the motor ?? Did I read its a dampener of some sorts ???? how does it work ?? Thanks Dwight
  20. P

headlights dont work 1994 explorer

I had the same problem It was the the combination (multi function) switch (the switch to activate windshield wipers, hazards, turn signals, etc) and you have to pull the steering wheel to replace.....it is not a cheap part so be prepared. You can get one at Autozone ...they are around 80 bucks...
  21. P

Help I'm loosing Coolant

Found It I filled the old girl up with coolant and drove to get lunch, parked in a fresh clean spot in the driveway......came out and big puddle under the radiator....looks like the water pump from the bottom....are these hard to install ?? I have done this years ago on straight sixes but...
  22. P

Help I'm loosing Coolant

I can smell coolant sometimes....but no white smoke that I can see. I really appreciate the info...great help so far.
  23. P

Help I'm loosing Coolant

I have a 94 Limited, completely stock. I am now loosing coolant in the amount of around 1/2 gal a week. I cannot find and puddles under the Explorer, it dos not run hot and I have great oil pressure....any clues ??? I hope this is not a head gasket .....if so anyone have an idea what a shop...
  24. P

Throttle Cable (s) ?

I know this is an old thread but where is the picture , I need to do this to my 94 Limited Thanks Dwight
  25. P

Poor acceleration on a 94 Explorer

Revive an old thread I have a 94 4X4 that had the same problem with terrible acceleration. I mean I have a cop buddy that often says if I get a speeding ticket I must have been dropped out of a cargo plane. Here is what I found 1 the floor mat was under the pedal, that was an easy fix 2...
Back