Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Shifting Gears Thump and other questions

engine mounts? or tanny mounts? The transmission seemed to want to keep pouring fluid when i disconnected the shaft, but i pluged it up before it lept going. Since it's a two door it's a one piece driveshaft and there is no slip yoke, as far as I know.
  2. K

mmm comon guys, i know changing your oil is an interesting topic, but jeez can i get at least a word of help?
  3. K

Whenever I shift from Park, to reverse or drive I get a thump when shifting into the gear. I've heard that this is a tell-tale sign that the u-joints are bad, but I don't know. Also sometimes when I let off of the gas fast I feel like the drivetrain falls down or settles, or something. Is...
  4. K

01 explorer sport "clunk" after stop - fixed!

Well this is actually a temporary fix..I did it, but a couple months later it came back.
  5. K

Explorer Speed limiter

how'd you manage 100? at 91 my truck shakes so much I have to lower to about 80
  6. K

Roaring sound while driving

even after I replaced my front bearings, and got 4 new tires I still get this roaring when breaking. I'm planning on replacing my TREs and ball joints to see if it helps.
  7. K

2500 RPM at 65MPH??

3.73 and I do 1900-2000 at 65
  8. K

Hahahaha

I figured it was easy to do so. My ohv can pull a wheel with out even trying, but mine's a two door.
  9. K

98 2 dr 2WD 4.0, this fell off, what it is?

where's the bolt....? they don't come with them.....and I hope you have a new belt also
  10. K

Belt tensioner problems

wow, I did a 170$ job in 30 minutes for 68$ and the squeak is gone (knocks on wood)
  11. K

Sport Trac Lift???

of course it will, you need to get an allignment after you do a tt
  12. K

98 explorer vs 2yr old moose

60 and only that much damage? damn glad you're okay, EDIT: oops, so you get to keep your exploder, or did the insurance just give you a check?
  13. K

hard hitter..

yup ^ My rents have a 4dr 96 and that thing rides like a car, even though it has the stock shocks/bushings etc I've replaced my shocks bushings and so much, but to no avail. Mine rides like a tank but I like it :D
  14. K

Belt tensioner problems

oh okay thanks, the local autozone has one for 39.99
  15. K

Wont stay on!!!

it seems the guy replaced the filter, too. unfortunatly I ran into another problem......the belt tensioner
  16. K

Belt tensioner problems

It seems mine is shot, and it wont flex when you press on the belt. My belt squeaks when I turn the ac on and I think my tensioner is gone. How hard is this to replace, and where can I find out how?
  17. K

Wont stay on!!!

bill came back for 600$ fawk that, I could have done that myself...
  18. K

Wont stay on!!!

I only heard a click when I wanted to listen for the pump. For reference I listened for the pump on the 96 and heard it clearly. I deffinintly didn't hear it on mine. Any ways I dropped it off at a local mechanic and hopefully it wont be a huge bill...
  19. K

Wont stay on!!!

Here's the update I checked the relay for the FP (it's good) I swapped it with the WAC and it still worked. I tried to listen for the FP but everytime I could only hear a single click. I guess it's a bad pump? I whacked it a coup[le of times with the mallet but jnothing changed.
  20. K

Wont stay on!!!

When it was doing this I could pump the gas and I'd feel nothing. Now this morning when I tried somethings I found out like the inertia valve (good btw) and the iac (cleaned) fuses (all good) the car refuses to even turn over. Ill try the mallet to the tank and see what happens. Keep...
  21. K

Wont stay on!!!

haha been with them for months now, I don't make the calls, they do ;)
  22. K

Wont stay on!!!

err they had to ride in the cab.....but I stole my brother's truck and took em home. I said last night I meant...this night? I dunno something like that
  23. K

Wont stay on!!!

This is an emergency! actually not. Any ways, I was out tonight with the ladies, and I had to pull out of the parking garage to pay the lady to let me leave (big mistake not having cash on me). So I parked my truck, and walked a couple blocks to the nearest atm (at 1am yes) and got back to try...
Back