Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Front Bumper Bolts will not budge.

So here's what I did. I took off the access flappy thingies that let you get to the headlights. Then I took out the turn signal lamps. Then I took of that silly round piece that goes around the headlights and grill. Then I took off the grill assembly and headlights. All of that gave me...
  2. S

HELP!! Removing front bumper frame bolts!!

Bump. Same problem is killing me.
  3. S

nah, she doesn't know anything about cars. Kidding, I don't have one, but a buddy of mine works at Advance Auto, so he may be able to hook me up.
  4. S

So I'm taking off my old brush guard to sell to a buddy of mine. The whole thing came off easier than it went on except for the very last nut that holds the bracket on. This is one of the nuts on the back side of the front bumper (more specifically the one furthest to the passenger side.)...
  5. S

Troubleshooting acceleration/hp/mileage issue

Thanks for the tip, Dono. The mechanic said that he checked the compression on that cylinder, and it came out to spec. Would that mean I'm ok on my heads or is this useless information?
  6. S

So I gave in and took it to the shop (I left my spark plug socket at my dad's) I told him to check vacuum pressure and fuel pressure. He did and found nothing wrong, and when he pulled my CEL codes, he saw a misfire on cylinder 3. I told him that those plugs had been replaced less than two...
  7. S

Bump anybody out there?:(
  8. S

So I've searched the threads on here for days and decided to break down and start a new one to answer my problems. First I will list my symptoms with my '99 Ex Sport, OHV. ~150k miles 1. Terrible mileage, about 13 mpg 2. Starting takes a hair longer after she sits for a couple days than when I...
  9. S

How to replace upper intake manifold gaskets

Weird. I found the turn you're talking about, but mine doesn't have an angle. It looks like it got blown up right before the elbow. Like there's the metal tube going into the intake plenum, then it just splays out. Is it worth the effort to take the manifold off for the fifth time, just to...
  10. S

I got that much, but which part of the EGR tube? Because there's a diamond shaped gasket on the valve end, and the other end (where it meets the plastic) doesn't come out. Since I'm still having problems with this vacuum leak, should I put forth the effort to replace this one too? If so, can...
  11. S

Ok, so I got the studs and nuts all torqued down to spec without breaking one of them. It certainly helped, but didn't fix my problem. I still don't have the power I used to, especially going up hill. While I was under the hood, I noticed a tiny red vacuum line that went from my fuel...
  12. S

Hi all, I'm fairly new to Serious Explorations but I've found it helpful on everything so far on my 99 Explorer Sport (OHV) but now I'm stumped and need help. I followed this write-up and it was perfect with the exception of the missing EGR stuff. However, it didn't fix my problems. I still get...
Back