Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. H

i rolled my truck last night.

Explorers are such a tank I love it. Everyones ok just prob spilt a lil beer huh! Fix the windows leave the field tats and it'll be just fine!
  2. H

sea foam?

We use it when someones car goes threw the 2minute purge and still fails emiss. test due to numbers a lil high. Run the can of seafoam and it brings em down enough to pass it. does it stay low.. Who knows. but it does the trick sometimes if the cars borderline on the numbers.
  3. H

sea foam?

I personally when I do it put 1 can to half a tank of premium and 1 can threw the intake at the same time about once a year. I might be overkilling the necessity but I get a smooth idle and excellent response from it. Lowers my emissions too..
  4. H

My 5.4L 3v Adrenalin engine swap

This is so SICK I have always wanted a S/T but this is going to be beyond lightening status in power. I love what your doing. I will keep checking this thread. Keep up the good work
  5. H

Performance mods?

sonicelectronix.com is the place to shop.. Deep discounts for sure!
  6. H

Summit Racing Body Lift?

So I like the explorer I might go down 1 notch on the back of my shackles n drop the TT a little so the tires look good. They are beast right now. I can't wait to go 3 more inches up!
  7. H

Performance mods?

Haha I meant swap to a 302. 5.0 It was and is an option so it does fit. Tight if you ask me but it fits. Thats what I meant.. I was being sarcastic. I just honestly can't see spending alot of money on our 4.0's when its not meant to be fast.... you know?
  8. H

Performance mods?

Honestly I did intake and exhaust for sound.. got little to no perf out of it... I think keeping it tuned up and running rights the best perf mod you can do unless u 302 the *****! haha
  9. H

Summit Racing Body Lift?

EBAY! Last year in Dec I hit 2 deer in 5 days got p'd off and bought it. So far I've hit my buddies cherokee like 100 times. Pushed a grand cher outta a ditch, hit a deer and pushed over a portashitter (fun) and its holdin strong! 110 bucks or something like that!! Its awesome and its startin to...
  10. H

Summit Racing Body Lift?

That looks sick! I am doin it. Done deal. I will buy the summit. I think I'mma back off the tt and the shackles so I'm at like 4 over stock not 5 5.5 mine went up ALOT wen I did my tt/shackles I got like 2.1 2.2 inchs and have had no issues what so ever. I love how lifted explorers look man...
  11. H

Summit Racing Body Lift?

Has anyone tried this and is it as trustworthy as the 883 that everyone seems to use? I have 31's on my truck now with tt/shackles.. I considered backing off the tt an inch and using lowest shackle holes and puttin a 3 in body lift on and saw its a little cheaper. Does anyone have a pic of 31's...
  12. H

Lowering the front diff???

This would be nice for anyone doing a body lift and tt/shackle setup to get their 4-5 inchs of lift... If the extra couple hours proved to be effective I'd sure do it
  13. H

XLT Cloth To Eddie Bauer Leather Questions

I was going to take the EB seats since they are the same and bolt in the same and swap the whole set. For 60 bucks how can I say no... I just was curious on pass power seat from manual i currently have....
  14. H

Worlds smallest HID kit Group Buy!! Christmas Special

If we can do these in both explorer and 9006 for my fusion I'll probably have interest
  15. H

What about eddie bauer leather seats? and how did you manage power to the passenger side? Its hard to believe the leads wouldn't be run right to it... I suppose not life altering but I just am checking the issues before I purchase the seats. price is right
  16. H

Hey I have a chance to upgrade from the 99 cloth seats with driver power and pass man adjust to leather eddie bauer the difference being obviously leather and both are power. Will a power connect be there? will it be an issue and is this worth it? I could have limited heated leather for an...
  17. H

Rough idle - only for 1 or 2 minutes - 4.0 OHV

Just a thought but mine did this and it was an oxygen sensor. Light came on some time after the rough idle. at cold it wasn't working quite right. Id suggest trying that. I also have found that maybe you have a problem with fuel delivery? Just a suggestion...70K it really shouldnt' idle rough...
  18. H

Vent Not Switching Properly??

When the truck is off it will only blow on defrost no matter where you put the knob. When the truck is running it will switch properly so long as your not accelerating or climbing hills. Almost anytime your over 2500 or your on the gas air simply stops comming from the vents. This almost says...
  19. H

4x4 Keeps Engaging Need Input

Thanks Joe. I was guessing maybe because I put the bigger tires and stiffened up the susp I feel it now more then I did when I was running an eddie bauer with 235 street tires on it haha :) Will doing the "brown wire" eliminate this? and will it cause problems in future?
  20. H

Anybody at all???
  21. H

How to: The Comprehensive Brown Wire Mod Thread

I posted in the xfer case thread of my 4hi cycling on any acceleration and was curious if I simply do this brown wire and leave it off... it should stop the 4hi from cycling correct? that would be much cheaper then buying w/e electrical component is shot right? I dont' intend on spinning my...
  22. H

Hey this is the 3rd x and 2nd 99 I've owned and this is the only 1 I've felt do it with me. It has the ohv engine, first one of these and the 4 speed auto xmission. Now when I'm pulling out I can feel the thumping of the 4wd cycling. I first thought my tranny was slipping maybe and if I put it...
  23. H

Selecting A Buffer/Polisher

Well I too want a buffer but I probably will go with rotary and get some practice paint off my buddies old jeep. I just feel that the buffer compounds are much much better and if your simply throwing on cleaner wax and some collinite (very nice) then do it by hand. honestly I did my car with...
  24. H

Selecting A Buffer/Polisher

Why? the proper use of cleaners/polish/wax by hand will create a beautiful finish. IMO as I looked into this a year ago is unless you learn to use a rotary buffer just keep doing it by hand. you can get good cleaning and polishing agents and get very nice results by hand. applying with some...
Back