Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

Installed my Screamn Demon! Review

Personally on all my older cars I noticed that every single time I tried platinums I'd get a sputtering idle, it would misfire about every 7-10 seconds. Then when I switch to a regular plug the sputtering would disapear completely. So for testing purposes, not for longevity, I bought autolite...
  2. G

Questions on power chips/programers

That would be awesome, I have a QAAC6C6 version program in the stock computer. Thanks man.
  3. G

I thought I was the only one getting help from Doug. Every single time I've ever emailed him for advice, or help with anything it's taken several weeks to get a response. Every single time, no exageration. I'm happy with what I have from him for the small amount of money I paid, but getting help...
  4. G

I know they have a dealer network, thats why I said to buy the tune files from BAMA chips and the SCT programmer somewhere else. When I said that SCT's web discussion forum gives free email custom tunes, I needed clarify my statement. They have dealer members who will indeed email free tune...
  5. G

here's what I did and am extremely happy. Go to ebay and search for an SCT programmer for your model truck. Once you get it, go to BAMA chips website and they will literally Email you a custom tuned program. I paid $100 for three programs from BAMA chips, all custom made. I opted for a 87 octane...
  6. G

What is the NGK part number for the SOHC engine?
  7. G

Quality O2 Sensor Brands

I'm suspecting one of my O2 sensors is going bad and will put a meter on them tomorrow. When it's time to replace them, what brands are best and is there really any difference as far as MPG? I'm considering getting a universal sensor because they seem to be cheaper and all I have to do is swap...
  8. G

Ride quality after spring conversion?

Is removing the rear sway a common thing now? Or did you just do that for offroading. I always thought removing the sway was a major safety risk, I know from experience that disconnecting the front sway made my vehicle extremely hard to control after very slight changes in road conditions.
  9. G

Well since the install I still havent messed with the plug gap. But for some reason my idle seems to have gotten rougher again. Seems like it idles a lot smoother when I run 93 octane. Overall the idle quality was slightly increased but haven't noticed mileage differance. The off idle throttle...
  10. G

Quiet OEM style muffler 2.5"?

So are you saying that I can run a straight pipe all the way back and then just end it with a supertrapp, and at the same time it will be quiet if I do it right?
  11. G

Yeah I like the advance auto website, very detailed- Plus I'm friends with the commercial sales counter guy. I opened a commercial account and get a pretty good discount on certain items. The Lund windjammer was only a little cheaper through them, I got that for $73 same day delivery. My front...
  12. G

that sounds too easy...lol. why cant i find one online though? Napa is fine too, I'm just planning ahead and wanted to see what's out there. I dont know if Napa has the same stock muffler with 2.5" instead, even though they probably do.
  13. G

Hi, after doing many searches on the hundreds of exhausting exhaust threads I can't seem to find a company that makes an OEM style quiet dual inlet single outlet 2.5" exhaust. I want to simply change my quiet 2.25" system to a quiet 2.5" system. I found a million companies selling catalytic...
  14. G

MSD and electric fans help

I am very close to buying an electric fan myself. After doing some research I've decided on the Perma Cool 19115 or 19114 fan. It looks like a flex fan with a small electric motor on it. There is no shroud, you install it under your stock belt driven fan shroud. It blows an amazing 2950 CFM at...
  15. G

REVIEW: Jeff's Werkstatt

oh ok, thats cool, not too far from stuart either.
  16. G

MSD 8241 coil opinions

is this msd unit anything like the screamn demon coil pack? I have the screamn demon and noticed a smoother idle and slightly better off idle throttle response, but nothing else.
  17. G

Anyone tint your windows yourself??

Yeah I've had some failures at learning how to tint. It's an extremely frustrating thing to learn. My roommate in college learned how and made a fortune in his spare time at college. I learned a little from helping him.
  18. G

Actually I just moved to PSL, off of Becker road. But in stuart I was living at Willoughby Cove Apartments. Got a house now, first new home. I forgot to change my signature/location.
  19. G

this is a link to the final sealant spray I used- http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/acrylic-jett-trigger.php This is the link to the page for the initial "Prime" treatmant/polish/protector- http://www.jeffswerkstatt.com/prime.php
  20. G

If your gonna do it yourself then your saving a ton of money. So I'd suggest shopping around and buying a good brand name tint so that all your hard work isn't wasted in 8 months with it peeling or turning purple, or bubbling. I used a brand called Huper Optik which is very hard to install...
  21. G

Rear axle spider gears

the rear is a 4L10 something or another tag on it, and I was told it is a limited slip, also it always turns both tires on wet pavement or grass, not a one wheel peel. With that said, I opened the cover and between the two axles there are some smaller gears with a thick flat spring metal plate...
  22. G

Some other notes on this product: Most synthetic sealants are not as glossy as carnauba, which is why true detailing freaks like myself use carnauba as a final topcoat. However in this case, Acryllic jet Trigger is probably a little more glossy than any carnauba. Not only that, but it will last...
  23. G

To start off I'll say that I don't normally promote any products unless they pay my bills and make my dinner for me... I'm not easily turned on to most products for one reason or another. BUT in this case I had to share my positive results. I keep my 98 explorer in very clean condition since...
  24. G

Tinting windows is a slow boring process, but the results are extremely rewarding. I did mine over a long weekend and am almost satisfied with the results. There are two major factors in making the final result worthwhile. One is the correct cutting of each piece, and the other is dust particles...
  25. G

Rear axle spider gears

Well I took the rear diff cover off to change the fluid and found that the old fluid is gray and swirly with metal flakes. The main gears are fine, but the spider gears are all pitted up and lumpy. I have stock 4:10 limited slip 8.8" gears. Does anyone have a web source that I can purchase just...
Back