Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. W

Supercharger

there is a company that I saw yesterday that still makes an intake to use the supercharger found on the 3.8 supercharged thunderbirds. Its only a 6 lb kit and its $2500!! just remember power is never cheap. If it is cheap initially, it will cost you more then double later:)
  2. W

stock hight and tire clearence

ah ok, I know I have new coild up front from the previous owner and new stock leaf springs in the rear also from the previous owner..
  3. W

Potential Rocker Panel fix

NATE your http://members.nbci.com/Nate_Emery/Explorer page is a broken link, it does not work.
  4. W

what lb/hr rate on stock 91 X fuel injectors?

EZ - Fuel injector size calculations. 8-Cyl. engines:Horsepower / 16 = Injector size 6-Cyl engines: Horsepower / 12 = Injector size 4-cyl engines: Horsepower / 8 = Injector size From everythign I have searched on the web for including several auto parts stores, the 4.0 OHV exploders have...
  5. W

31" tire economy

I have 235's on my 91 right now, and I am getting abour 22MPG with a 5 speed and 3.73's. ( D4 Limited Slip 3200 3.73 ) I borrowed a set of 31's on stock rims and they fit and drove fine! No rubbing either! the 31's are ideal off road in low range, I love the gearing! In 2wd, it seems...
  6. W

stock hight and tire clearence

yep 31x10.50's fir no problem, 32's could fit on my stock 91 exploder but they probably woudl rub.
  7. W

Big camshaft time

Always a good idea to match the cam with new springs and retainers anyways. Crane offers matching springs/pushrods and I woudl highly recommend going with them. That cam is a little big for a truck.. and you will actually lose power unless you have aftermarket heads and pistons
  8. W

2" lift questions

good questions! I was wondering all the same things! Also what is "death wobble"?
  9. W

33-10.5 tires with a tt and shackels

31 x10.50's fit fit without rubbing on my 91 exploder..
  10. W

700R4 going into my Explorer and Shifter Questions

a 700R4 is a piece of crap too.
  11. W

Windows won't operate...

I know the switches go out commonly
Back