Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Rustang©

over 250,000 mi

342,000 Miles BABY!!!
  2. Rustang©

$2 billion lawsuit against Ford Re: Explorer

Thats interesting...., people need to stop seeing $$$$$ and suing for it!!! As for the stability of an X, i own a 91' lifted 3inches, and I have never flipped it or even come close. For example, I take a turn on a regular basis at 55-65 MPH, the turn has a caution sign that says 25, and...
  3. Rustang©

What spark plugs are everyone using?

I've used all sorts, but my favorites are Champion Truck Plugs, i've used and currently have Bosch double plats in mine right now, in mine they are ok, but in my jeep the platinum melted right off, NO LIE! I asked a rep at Jeep, they told me that Jeep I-6 engines run slightly hotter than the...
  4. Rustang©

Odometer Readings

Hey Man, low numbers on your 96' I've got a 91' with 335,000 on her!!! Good Luck
  5. Rustang©

How to make your own Custom 3rd Brake Light (w/pics)

I did this "mod" and I think It came out fairly well, just couldn't find a "?". O0o well, i wonder if this is illegal?
  6. Rustang©

mufflers...

I have the Super 40. You can hear some sound clips of it in the My Truck link below. As for my opinion, I love it! It makes my 6 sound like an 8. There is an annoying drone at highway speed though, but i got used to it! And somehting to remember, my sound and opinions are based off of...
  7. Rustang©

Brake & ABS experts PLEASE!!!

Hey Y'all I've got my explorer, and I've got a problem! Within the past week my brakes have been acting very oddly. Every time i go to stop(applying normal pressure), I feel the pedal vibrate and pulsate as if the ABS was engaging. The pedal will also get stiff then soft as if I'm losing...
  8. Rustang©

mufflers...

I have a Super 40 Flowie, your muffler guy is WRONG, you cna get some nice sound out of a v-6. My vids are in the sig under my truck. I got more if you wana hear em.
  9. Rustang©

Worst stuck pic thread

Since my last post i found the "problem" well not really. I did have a limited slip in the front D-35. It was a type that uses friction clutches that engage with slip(nothing special there) but what caused it to only engage at higher RPM is the fact that it was old and worn out! The clutches...
  10. Rustang©

Giant rear-end.... problem?

make sure that when you remove the cover, scrape both the cover and the housing with a razor blade and remove the old seal/gasket. Then use carb/brake/metal cleaner to remove and residue or grease from the mating surfaces. Then take some black RTV and squeeze a decent size in the gasket hole...
  11. Rustang©

Giant rear-end.... problem?

Just did mine, i also poured about 8 pints in mine!!! God knows why, but it worked! And yea, i'd check your axel seals(by the tires) for leaks.
  12. Rustang©

Busted 4WD question

Sounds like your on the right track, the auto hubs are the weakest link in a Explorer's 4 Wheel Drive, followed by the Transmission. You got the basic idea of how to engage/disengage the 4WD... From experience, engage high around 15 mph and low at a dead stop. Once you get your manuals in...
  13. Rustang©

Busted 4WD question

I think your hubs are most likely the culprits, as for front axle removal, lol, thats not an easy task. One question(No meaning to sound like an asss), do you know how to properly engage/disengage 4x4 mode?
  14. Rustang©

Busted 4WD question

That humming you heard was most likely the hubs. You have more than likely killed them.... My suggestion to you is to take off your front tires and then remove the hub, look inside to see if you see any broken or loose plastic, if so then they are shot, if not then they are still probably...
  15. Rustang©

Dropping in

Welcome Man, You'll find alot of good information here from mods to fixes!!! I'm happy to see you use your X for more than grocery getting! but thats just mu opinion! See Ya Round -Dan
  16. Rustang©

After-Market Tachometer

So basically all that i have to do is find the lead from the old tach and run it to my new tach right? Other than thats its just lights + ground?
  17. Rustang©

Stock Hitch

I will be doing that soon, tomorrow night i will be moving it to my place and hopefully either my truck can handle it or im gonna be using a F250, but i'll get done,
  18. Rustang©

Stock Hitch

Nope I was wrong, it appears to be riveted to the bumper, as y'all said, and is thus connected to the frame. Thanks
  19. Rustang©

Stock Hitch

Thanks guys, The boat was given to me and is a 1976 20ft Grady White. Being as its old and a Grady im guessing its around 4000 pounds, but im not too sure. And if i recall, when i looked at the hitch on my truck the steel plate it sat on was connected directly to the frame, but i'll go...
  20. Rustang©

Stock Hitch

Yea the bumper hitch.... and I Have; A4LD(Re-built + 1600 Stall) 4x4 3.55 gears + Torque Trax I KNOW the truck has enough power to pull it, but im not sure if the ball + "tongue" will be able to handle a boat... ...basically I "should" be able to move this boat safely a short...
  21. Rustang©

Stock Hitch

I was wondering if the stock built-in hitch will be able to tow a 20ft Fiberglass boat. I basically need to know what the class of the hitch it. Thanks! -Dan
  22. Rustang©

After-Market Tachometer

Thanks man! And by the way, which Tach did you choose for yours, im looking at maybe one of these... http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=SUM%2DG2903&N=700+4294925228+4294839077+4294815748+4294908414+4294908396+115&autoview=sku
  23. Rustang©

After-Market Tachometer

Need some help here.... I've searched the site and found little on this subject outside of V-6 to V-8 mods. Lately I've noticed that my tachometer is no longer reading accurately and quite frankly it annoys the **** out of me. I'm one of the people who has to watch the tachometer all day...
  24. Rustang©

4.0 OHV Exhaust Question

my super 40 exits under my spare tire area, not out the back, thats where my resonance somes from!
  25. Rustang©

4.0 OHV Exhaust Question

if your talking about a muffler-less system, I wouldn't do it if i were you. My Super 40 is only a 2 chamber muffler so the sound is largely unaffected. In other words my exhaust's sounds is about the same as a straight-pipe's. It resonates alot and its veryy annoying at highway speeds...
Back