Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. L

Raw Deal Night Run Photos

Rick, looks like you all had fun. I am sooo itchin' to do a night run some time. Unfortunately with no job and the unemployment running out soon, I have no funds to do a night or day run! Hopefully things will be better by Truckhaven and Moab next year!
  2. L

DENVER COLORADO: Anybody Planning any tame runs this week? Aug 1-3?

Im sorry I couldn't go. Mom and Dad had other plans for me. The mountain will "always" be there, my parents won't. I would like to go up Matt's Mountain sometime in the future. But it just didn't work out this time like I had hoped. Thanks for all of the sugestions tho'.
  3. L

TwotoneX: Why are you always leaving town when we plan a run? :) Seriously, why are you moving to Texas? School isn't over already, is it? Or aren't the parties at CU wild enough for ya? :chug:
  4. L

Allas, time and fate didn't have a wheeling trip in the cards for us this time. Mom and Dad just didn't have it in them this time to go treking into the hills. Tomorow is their last day here and they want to spend it with my Mom's mom - my Grandma. And I KNOW that trying to get her on the trail...
  5. L

Matt, Thanks for the pictures. The one with the sign re: high clearance vehicles, How high clearance? Mom and dad's 2002 Olds Bravada is all independent suspension and is not true four wheel drive, it is kinda like Heath's was with a computer controlled all wheel drive. I don't know what the...
  6. L

Never been up Saxon (Matt's Trail) I'm up for it. Just gotta convince the folks that they want to come... Mom keeps trying to back out of it. Matt: you wanna show us how to get there? Fischer: been on old stage and rampart and gold camp roads many times. There is alot to explore there. I...
  7. L

Is anyone interested in something close to the Denver area that would be suitable for newbies in a stocker suv pavement pounder? My parents are up from Texas and I wanted to show them what their new suv can do. I don't mind the tougher trails, but they need somthing mild (read that as boring for...
  8. L

Colorado Colors Run 2002

All of those are good sugestions Brian. One thing though, alot of the Pikes Peak region is still closed/off limits due to last months fire. Longwater and Hacket gulches included. That being said, there are still plenty of trails to do in the Pikes Peak/Colorado Springs/Woodland...
  9. L

Colorado Colors Run 2002

Colorado has had fall colors already just a bit differently: Reds, Oranges, Golds. They are just a whole lot warmer than the usual ones! :fire: :fire: :fire:
  10. L

Ok CO people!!!!!

Kirby, glad you will be able to come up here! I wouldnt think dad woulf take his "baby" off paved roads, either. He would have to come along as my 2nd seat. As far as getting together/calling me, thats cool, I just would rather give out my numbers privately not on the forum (last time I did...
  11. L

Ok CO people!!!!!

Thanks Kirby for that vote of confidence! I used my tow strap once last year to PULL a JEEP FROM A SNOW BANK. Does That get me any more points? :D Just put me on the list and let me know when you go! The end of July/First of August, my family will be holding a reunion of sorts, but Im sure I...
  12. L

Colorado people leaving for Moab

Wish I could be there too. This unemployment/lack of discressionary funding thing sucks! Well maybe next year! I soooo want to be able to qualify for the "moab edition" sticker. :D
  13. L

Ok CO people!!!!!

I don't think my truck is near enough capable of Holy Cross (maybe someday), so if i went up there it would have to be shotgun with somebody. I think the same probably goes for trails like Hacket, unless there are some bypasses (what can I say? the truck is still basically stock!). But I can...
  14. L

Kingston Peak/Yankee Hill Co. April 28?

Heath, does that mean your X is dead? When did that happen?
  15. L

Kingston Peak/Yankee Hill Co. April 28?

Anyone Else? Anyone else interested? Heath, MMPC, Twotone, who else? Just a easy run I know, but the view is definately a Kodak one. OK so the Big Dawgs may get a bit bored, this run is really to do a shakedown of us and our vehicles and make sure we all remember how to shift into four wheel...
  16. L

Colorado Springs After the turkey run.

Well I for one am NOT going to let a little white stuff cancel this trip. Been wanting to find out how the Goodyear MTR's fare in the winter wonderland anyway. Perry and MMPC will miss you all. Hope your turkey day was filled with good cheer, good friends, good food and great thanks...
  17. L

Colorado Springs After the turkey run.

So is anyone up for some wheeling on the long turkey weekend? A few Rangers, including last weeks "Rough Ranger :roll: ", Shawn (rolled his rig in Left Hand Canyon), are going to be down in the 'Springs on (tenantively) Saturday (November 24, 2001) morning for a run(s) off of Gold Camp and...
  18. L

Denver, Colorado Meet and Greet

Directions From I-25 take Colfax west to Sheridan then north. -OR- From I-25 take the 30th Street (AVE?) exit west to Sheridan then south. -OR- From northeast of Denver/Thorton/Brighton take I-76 west to Sheridan exit then south. -OR- From Littleton/Englewood area take...
  19. L

Matt: Bring on the Big Boys! Hmm... I am starting to wonder if the Sonic will have enough room! :D Maybe I should call them and make reservations!!!! "Hello, Sonic? I would like to reserve a carhop for 30 vehicles please..." Well if the Sonic fills up too much, we can go across the...
  20. L

Great responce everyone! I am glad you may be able to/can all come! Just to clarify something though, with my current employment situation, I cant spring for the eats for everybody, but I WILL bring all the Sonic cupons I have though! :D Oh and by the way, you Explorers have the Rangers...
  21. L

I am calling all Rangers, B-II's, Explorers and Mazda B's for a meet and greet. Date: Sunday, September 30. Time: 2:00pm. Place: Sonic Drive In @ 2463 North Sheridan, across from Sloans Lake in Edgewater. That is west of the Mile High Stadiums and north of Colfax. This seemed like a good...
  22. L

1st Gear = GONE!

Yes Chris, Dropping off the face of the earth would likely have been more fun than my last week at the office and then the last week getting my home computer alive again. I think I will try to search out a tsb on the net, I had one site bookmarked at the office, but it didn't make it...
  23. L

CCR 2001 Photos and Video Clips

Sorry for the delays guys and gals, I am just now able to get my computer on the net to post here. I havent gotten the Digicam talking nicely to the 'puter yet. Also havent gotten the film developed from the real camera yet either. I will post pics as soon as I can tho'!!! Thanks again...
  24. L

1st Gear = GONE!

Chris, have you gotten yours fixed yet? I have not had time to get mine into the dealer to fix yet. Did you ever hear back from Wade (GoOffRoad) re: a TSB? I recall him saying he thought that there was one.
  25. L

Solved 5R55E - No First Gear Problem

So is there a TSB number out yet? I havent gotten to the dealer to fix the problem with my first gear yet. I know that GoOffRoad (Wade from Utah) said he thought there was a TSB, but I havent seen anything from him yet (unless I've been looking in the wrong place). Since CCR I have been...
Back