Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. G

2-3 flare issue ... how soon should I fix it??

Well ... they did finally notice the 2-3 flare, but my truck is not doing it all the time. The tranny guy told me that it could also be the something with the torque converter engagement. A year ago I replaced the fluid with the correct Mercon V and Lubeguard treatment. I thought the tranny...
  2. G

Checked on the X after two days of being at the tranny shop ... They can't really pinpoint the 2-3 flare even though I know the tranny is having the issue. I kinda explained the stuff that is posted here in regards to the flare. He told me he was gonna let me know tomorrow. If he doesn't...
  3. G

I dropped the X at the closest tranny shop recommended by the ATRA website. I will post details as soon as I get a call ... Thanks, Gianni
  4. G

Hello everyone, My Explorer has been experiencing the flare for severalk months now. It's not a daily driver. I'm having a problem getting someone to change my valve body. I have taken the truck to several places and everyone wants to rebuilt the tranny. How soon should I get it fixed? I...
  5. G

Explorer doesn't move when turning on 4wd

Hello guys/gals, I just used 4wd on my Explorer and when I make a sharp turn it makes a clunking/popping noise. If I turn the steering all the way to either side it seems that the car loses gear even when giving it gas ... is this normal?? Thanks in advance, Gianni
  6. G

Cruise control recall

Like someone replied before ... It only takes like 15 minutes to get it done at any dealership. I just didn't like the installation because they used zip-ties to secure it. G
  7. G

rebuilt valve body ... and what else?

Can anyone tell me the part #'s that I need in order to get this done (shift kit, sep plate, and bonded gaskets) Thanks in advance, G
  8. G

rebuilt valve body ... and what else?

Hello, I have been doing some research about the 2-3 flare that my Explorer is experiencing. It's a '99 with only 97k, but every once in a while I experience the flare. I wish I could have the time or space to rebuild the valve body, but I don't. I think I'm gonna order a rebuilt valve...
  9. G

Problems with the A/C

My A/C has been acting weird lately. It seems to be turning on the compressor constantly (it clicks more often than before). The A/C seems to be cooling ok, but I had it checked at VIOC and they told me it has leaked 2lbs of freon. I'm going to have it check ASAP ... Has anyone here...
  10. G

Rear wiper just quit on me ...

Like the title says ... my wiper completely stopped working a few weeks ago. I know this is an extremely common issue, but the weird thing is that if I turn on the wiper switch on the console the light for it goes on and off. Can it be something electrical too?? Thanks, Gianni
  11. G

K&N Intake installation comments ...

I finally installed my K&N intake today. I don't know why, but I found it somewhat difficult to install. I have installed many intakes before ('04 GTO, BMW's, etc.) and this has been by far the most challenging one because the parts didn't fit as nicely as the other kits. Anyways I got it...
  12. G

Occasional "lurch" at highway speed

I haven't experienced the lurch since the last light snow fall here in Cleveland. I'm not a mechanic, but I wouldn't be surprised that a loose or dirty ABS or Hub sensor is causing this issue because it only happens when the temp drops and there's snow/water on the roads. I'm prolly going to...
  13. G

My X started doing the lurch a few days ago ... The road was wet and the weather was really cold. As soon as it lurched ... I switched to 4wd high and the lurch went away. I haven't experienced since ... I just think my lurch is actually the 4wd kicking in when there's uneven wet pavement...
  14. G

Ford and GM Merger...

Just an fyi on some cars that were mentioned here Chevy Aveo is Korean built. It's made by GM-Daewoo. Pontiac Vibe is built in the NUMMI facility (50% owned by GM / 50% owned by Toyota) ... same chassis and engine as the Toyota Matrix, but different sheet metal. The Toyota Matrix is...
  15. G

Any updates from anyone?? My X has been in the bodyshop for a week and I haven't been able to check it out. This might sound dumb, but I'm gonna give it a shot ... if the GEM module is acting up and it's causing this jerk ... how about just running the X on 4x4 high after experiencing a...
  16. G

I believe I'm having this problem too ... I thought it was shuddering, but your thread exactly explains what's happening to my 99 X. Mine does it between 45-55mph and it feels like the car ducks for a second. I don't experience any rpm drop. When it happens, it lurches for a few times...
  17. G

Had the Gibson exhaust installed today ...

I've been driving the X for a while now and I have mixed feelings about this exhaust. I don't know if the weather is playing a factor here (single digits here in Cleveland), but it seems like the annoying 2000rpm drone comes and goes. Sometimes it sounds like the oem exhaust and sometimes I...
  18. G

cgriffin_5139's Eliteness

I didn't know they fit ... how about the specific rim model?? Thank u G
  19. G

cgriffin_5139's Eliteness

Looks cool :thumbsup: I gotta question about your rims (specifically 2nd pic) Do you know what kind of AR model you have? Are those Ford lug caps with the AR rims? I'm love those kinda rims (F-250 look-a-likes) on our Xs G
  20. G

I only had the cat-back (sport) and an intake, but it sounded like a beast. I like how the gibson sounds, it's just that I think it has way too much drone. G
  21. G

Bilsteins FTW ...

Had the bilsteins installed today and I'm extremely happy. The X feels more controlled over bumps. The ride has definitively improved (factory shocks with 90k miles), but it's still no Caddy. These shocks are worth the money and the pain to get them ... G
  22. G

Fit and finish are extremely good ... Drove the car for 30 miles and I can definitively feel better pickup and the engine revs easier. Sound is a nice v8 rumble (got the sohc engine), but this exhaust has a noticeable drone at 2300rpm. I don't know if this is going to get better as it...
  23. G

4x4 and tranny question ...

I forgot to mention that I also added a little bit (1.5 oz) of lubegard red to my power steering fluid (which I had changed 3 weeks ago). The typical power steering whine is almost gone. Gianni
  24. G

Where did you place your scangauge II?

I received my scangauge II 2 weeks and I have been extremely happy with it ... really neat features. I've been using it for my mpg and my coolant temp. The trip function is really cool too!! So far my X gets around 16 mpg in the city (which I think is not bad at all) I placed mine on the...
  25. G

4x4 and tranny question ...

UPDATE after 200 miles ... My tranny shudder is completely gone ... :) I guess lubegard does work!! G
Back