Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. NorwegianFord

91 and 95, same transmission problem?

Hi! My -91 Explorer did get 2 new transmissions before it was parked forever.. :( Looking at a long milage 95-model now, do they have the same trans problems as the first gens?
  2. NorwegianFord

Size from factory?

Thanks! Might be for those models.. Mine is a -92, 4wd, xlt.. Will have a look at the sticker when I get home, hope it's still there.. The sticker.. :D
  3. NorwegianFord

Size from factory?

Find soooooooooooooo many posts about possible tire sizes, but what tire and rim sizes did a 1991 XLT come with from the factory? Have 225/75 R15 on now, but they seem to be kind of small..
  4. NorwegianFord

Bench replacing buckets...possible?

Old thread.. I've got a 60/40 bench in my -91 XLT.. So they are out there! :)
  5. NorwegianFord

TUV tested lift?

Thank you, MountainMonkey! The problem is.. I work there.. At the local DMV.. :D :D :D So I need my trucks to be legal.. :D We are trying to build legal and safe, to show the kids that it's possible to build fun vehicles with tested and safe parts.. I love FORD but can only find TUV approved...
  6. NorwegianFord

TUV tested lift?

Anyone know of a TÜV tested lift kit for first gen Explorer? (TÜV test needed for passing the inspections in most european countries)
  7. NorwegianFord

"New" truck! :)

No leather. Blue cloth..
  8. NorwegianFord

Thank you! Finally something to pull the horse trailer with! :) The transmission in the Explorer has been replaced a couple of times.. :D The previous owner has taken good care of it, and I plan to do that too. It's my first diesel, but I think I'll find out how to take good care of it, can't...
  9. NorwegianFord

Finally did it! Bought a new one! :) 2002 F-250, 7.3.. low mileage
  10. NorwegianFord

Identify, what year?

- 91 XLT. Is there a way to tell what year the transmission is? All I know is that the trans was replaced some years ago at a local Ford shop. The PO (wifes dad :)) doesn't have a clue about what they put in.. I'm kind of hoping it's a later model of the A4LD..
  11. NorwegianFord

Wanted Spare parts to Spain

www.rockauto.com does ship to us here in Sweden and Norway.. Guess they'll probably ship to southern Europe too..?
  12. NorwegianFord

Starter motor? Ford..

Thanks! Yeah, now I have something to start with!
  13. NorwegianFord

Engine weight?

That much? 2100 lbs.. That's close to half the weight of the car.. Right?
  14. NorwegianFord

Engine weight?

Hi! How much does the OHV V6 in a -91 weigh? If I would get the crazy idea to lift it out..
  15. NorwegianFord

Starter motor? Ford..

Pic.. The "noise" on the passenger side comes and goes when the motor is running..
  16. NorwegianFord

Starter motor? Ford..

Hi! Ford Mondeo -96, V6. Sometimes when starting, there is a lot of "noise" and "rattling". Sometimes it won't start until after turning the key for about 10- 15 seconds.. Could it be as easy as changing the starter motor? There is also a more quiet rattling noise on the other side of the...
  17. NorwegianFord

Stuck headbolt..

Thanks! Yeah, I guess they might be a problem too.. But droppig the trans.. That's scary! :) Have done a lot of work on the car this far, but..
  18. NorwegianFord

Please educate me!

Nope, no nut inside.. Finally got the time to do it.. So much more space now! It was an easy job and the non A/C box fits right on! Pics of the new one in place and the sooo much bigger old one..
  19. NorwegianFord

Stuck headbolt..

I have to drop the transmission? Because? Are there three on each side and a couple on he back of the motor? Or do I misunderstand? Or I simply can't get to the three on each side without dropping the trans? Rik
  20. NorwegianFord

Stuck headbolt..

It's going slow here.. Too much time at work and in the stable.. So, if I understand right, the FPR isn't in anyway different in the 91 - 94 models except for the way it connects to the lines? Get a newer FPR and other lines and it will fit?
  21. NorwegianFord

Stuck headbolt..

This is? Anyone can tell me what this is? Broke the plastic fitting to the fuelline(?) that's connected to it on the top.. Old hard plastic that broke like nothing.. What is it? And what do I do/what kind of connection do I need to fit the fuel line back on? Do I have to replace it or will...
  22. NorwegianFord

Stuck headbolt..

"freeze plug (also called an expansion plug).." The same thing as a "Cylinder head plug"? I might as well ask since this is all new to me.. :) Rikard
  23. NorwegianFord

Stuck headbolt..

Thanks! I'm sorry but I'm not sure I understand what you mean exactly by "..the ones on the side of the block.." Would you please explain some more? Corrosion, yes, actually I have changed the coolant quite often (in the short period I've had the car) and it has always been "rusty".. So...
  24. NorwegianFord

Stuck headbolt..

As soon as I started using my own head, I got the heads off.. :) Thank you, Maniak! This is what the head on the drivers side looks like. It's the end that faces the firewall.. Sad..how did it get that bad..
Back