Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

another transmission cooler question

This may be true in hydraulics, but the idea is to efficiently cool the fluid. Air in the line is not a concern since the fluid just returns to the trans pan. Since heat rises the efficient thing to do is to put the hot fluid at the top and return from the bottom. Any air in the system will be...
  2. M

another transmission cooler question

You can also hold the brake put it into drive and give a little throttle, you should be able to feel the output line heat up. I know on mine it is the top line. YMMV
  3. M

Non-working automatic hubs now work

sweet thread-res-erection The motor needs to stop and specific locations so it would need to us the existing gear/contact system. It may be just as easy to convert it to a manual stick engagement.
  4. M

Lift kits for 5th gen. Explorer

2004 Ford Bronco Concept Car they would need to add at least a half door with full back seats though
  5. M

wait... you not a Ford Lawyer are you? :scratch: Rollover potential is just a P.C. word for idiot trying to drive his SUV like a car. Well now thanks to the idiots we can look forward to our brand new Explorer Car. Soccer Moms rejoice.... Bronco, with the original size and styling...
  6. M

I wonder if Ford has ever looked through this forum? When my truck dies (God Forbid!) I don't see any current choice for a midsize upgrade that does what I need. Ford if your listening Please... 1) I don't want full size turning radius 2) I need at least 4 full seats/doors 3) plenty of room...
  7. M

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

yeah they are standard coarse thread metric. Oh and BTW if you are trying to find a grade 8 metric bolt you won't. Metric bolts come in a variety of hardness ratings starting at 4.6 going to 12.9. The hardness should be cast onto the head of the bolt, I would look for anything above 10.9 for...
  8. M

FAQ - New Tires?

your truck requires LT (light truck) tires. Any LT tire is not going to exhibit the soft sidewall of a car tire. Plus your suspension is made to work off road not really for plush ride. You could probably change out shocks, stick with a softer compound tire and have a better ride. But without...
  9. M

turdle's mounty moves on

Man really sucks about the project. But you are definitely doing the right thing. It may not feel that way when you are waking up in the middle of the night for those feedings. Hope everything goes well with the move and the pregnancy. This has been a fun project to watch and your work has all...
  10. M

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

looks nice, let's see a quartering shot of that beast ^^
  11. M

Escape Hybrid

wow holy thread resurrection.
  12. M

Startup Rattle

that's for the gen2 the gen 3's already have the fix implimented. Not sure of the exact dates but I know sometime towards the end of the gen2'a (like 2000 or 2001) they included the updated in the engines. Then they made some further improvements to the system in like 02 or 03. So if you have a...
  13. M

turdle's mounty moves on

Hey it sounds like that is your first order of business when you get moved in!.. Congrats on the fix, man I hate problems like that, makes you wanna club some seal puppies LOL...
  14. M

Startup Rattle

lookup the Ford 00m12 recall kit it includes all the parts.
  15. M

Maryland Explorers!

I would be curious to check out some other rides in the area but the meetings are a bit far from us "westerners"
  16. M

Startup Rattle

Yeah the fix helps a little however you will still notice a little rattle on startup. It's just the nature of the beast. When your engine starts it takes a second or two to pump up the hydraulic timing chain tensioners. I've noticed that if I park with my truck pointing down hill slightly it's...
  17. M

Fuel Mileage?

I used to get 19 to 22 on the highway. Ever since they started selling this crappy blended gas in the area I am lucky if I get 18 on the highway and 16 around town. When I run startron (I think thats what its called) I can get 20 again but I don't always have it available. Frankly, I am...
  18. M

Which Carb in Stock 2000 Explorer 5.0

since it isn't stock it should be easy to get a diagram from holly since it is probably one of their after market models. Most of the time if you call holley techs they can probably identify the carb over the phone or with a picture. These guys know their carbs. I'm intrigued that you have a...
  19. M

Test Drivers Wanted

I'm at 180K with no problems with the OEM tranny.
  20. M

Towing 2000 EB 4x4 v6SOHC, Tran cooler, 33's, 4.10 gears - pulinng Coleman Bayside

Read through the 5r55e rebuild diary in the Sticky section of the tranny forum. The first things I did to my transmission when I bought it was to go through the entire valve body and upgrade the shifting and the EPC valves. There are upgraded parts that need to be put in the valve body for heavy...
  21. M

4.0 Exhaust Clip Thread !

There are plenty of people that have glasspacked mufflers on v6's. They actually sound pretty good on a SOHC, not like the buzzy v6's of past... It all boils down to personal opinion, and it's tough to tell what these different options actually sound like online. There is so much more to...
  22. M

Show us your custom bumper photos!!

awesome, it's like modern art...
  23. M

turdle's mounty moves on

subscribing, this looks to be quite the interesting project... :popcorn:
  24. M

SOHC or OHV 4.0L??

^^^ LOL thats some funny stuff right there... Apparently not only did he break the law he broke his caps lock key as well.
  25. M

Cracked Tansmission Case - WELD?

Chances are if it's cracked on the outside there is a equally large crack on the servo bore. with all the "clunkers" traded in you should be able to find a good deal on a used tranny.
Back