Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

The one I sold...Like an idiot.

thinking about selling mine I have an 01 explorer, its in pretty good condition, closing in on 80k miles, kelly BB says I'd get somewhere around 4k for it, and the government will give me 4500 for it supposedly with this new cash for clunkers deal (i would never call it a clunker but apparently...
  2. B

Rear door stuck

Both rear interior door handles broken Just a question here- I see a lot of posts about latch replacement for the front driver's side door. My problems are the rear doors, both the passenger and the driver's side. I have an 01 explorer. One handle was broken when I bought the car, the other...
  3. B

REAR end FLuid replace

Should I be worried about changing this fluid on my '01? I have an '01 Explorer, should I change my rear diff fluid? What happens if I don't?
  4. B

How to: 10 Steps To A Clean Cooling System

just a question... Can anyone post pics of their radiator flush? Sounds silly but I want to make sure I'm doing it right, i.e. connecting the tee to the right hose, etc...Also, FYI it smells so good in the antifreeze reservoir that I'm going to make a martini with the old stuff. Good idea, no?
  5. B

Fuel injection system cleaner bottle

Question- has anyone bought one of those $200-$300 fuel injector system cleaner bottles that you hang from the hood and run injector cleaner through your vaccum line? I was thinking of purchasing it being as I was charged 60 bucks for this service. If you have one, can you go through the process...
  6. B

Effing Interior door handles

I have an 01 explorer xls with two broken interior rear door handles. I bought new door handles, put them on, and whammo, after about a day, they broke too. What the hell is going on here. My only GUESS is that the metal rod that the handles move is bent or something. Does anyone have any ideas...
  7. B

Fuel Injection System Cleaner

I got my oil changed yesterday, and the guy doing my change brought me over to my car and said that I needed to clean my fuel injection system. He showed me two bottles of stuff (some sort of mineral spirits or something), and some sort of pressurized can with clear tubing coming out of it and...
  8. B

02 front passenger caliper mounting bracket

RockAuto has them RockAuto sells the caliper brackets, I just ordered one. One of the bolts came out of the bracket after I sped over speedbump the other day. I went all over the place looking for just the bolt, but no one had it. I went to a mechanic and he advised me to replace the bracket...
  9. B

Tip on Getting a stuck Rotor off

It's harder blindfolded Im not saying to get a blindfold and go to town with a pipe on your car...if you place the end of the pipe on the back of the rotor, you won't be damaging anything else. The idea is that you'll be able to get a better angle to tap the rotor off. I first used a rubber...
  10. B

Tip on Getting a stuck Rotor off

I just changed my front brakes and rotors, and it was a B#$CH getting the rotors off...I have about 61k miles on my '01 and I think this was the first time these suckers have been changed. You can either hammer the crap out of them from a tough angle...OR do what I did- You need to have both...
  11. B

Changing only one side rotor and brake pads

So I just changed the front driver's side rotor and brake pads. The reason I didn't do the passenger side is I got powerslot rotors and the company I bought them from sent me two left sides instead of a left and a right. The right one is ordered and on it's way. I estimate that I'll be driving...
  12. B

$55 for new floor mats???

Just go to Target Just go to target and buy the rubbermaid plastic mats, they're durable and you can cut them to fit, and they'll hold dirt and mud. Cleanup is easy and I'll bet they're a lot cheaper than husky mats! :thumbsup:
  13. B

Center Armrest Snapped!

Here's my budget armrest fix... I just put some glue designed for plastic on the cracked pieces and fit the armrest back into whatever was still there. Luckily, one of the screw holes still worked so I put a screw in for some added support. Now to solve the problem of the incredibly cheaply...
  14. B

Im sure everyone of you knows this...

Glad to hear you are ok! That is my worst nightmare in owning my explorer. Bad drivers and rollovers. BTW, can you part out your wiper blades to me? They look pretty good still. Just kidding. :confused:
  15. B

Help Out Of Brain Power

Aha I didn't know that...thanks for the info! What do you think about plug wires- I bought a set of Powermax wires for 30 bucks, someone told me I should be spending around $100 to get quality ones? should I use these ones I have or should I go out and get better ones?
  16. B

Help Out Of Brain Power

What about motorcraft plugs? Just bought double platinum motorcrafts. Should I go out and get the autolites instead?
  17. B

Stange Sounds... IAC?

Sure this post is years old, but... ...I think it's a pretty common problem. I have a 4.0 SOHC and get the same noise, only within a particular RPM range and only intermittently. I am not too savvy under the hood, but vaccum hoses or a fan sound like the problem. Most important question: HAS...
Back