Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

no heat no a/c

yes i have been wondering that, i have been wanting to take it off, but not really sure how i'll be able to get my hands in there to take the bolts off, not sure how to test if the eatc is bad or not
  2. T

no heat no a/c

seem to have an interesting problem, i'll start with the heat first, i have no heat, all it blows is room temp, no matter what setting i have it on, heater hoses get nice and hot, heater control valve seems working fine, no weird clicks or noises behind the glove box, all fuses are fine, and no...
  3. T

swapping out the EATC

first off, the compressor would not turn on, found out it was because the solder on the relay was old or whatever, found this in another thread, i fixed it once before a while back, but alas, didn't want to work this time, and just for good measure, i have checked all other possible issues, also...
  4. T

swapping out the EATC

anyone? anyone at all know???
  5. T

swapping out the EATC

i have a 96 eddie Bauer and it has the digital EATC controls, it finally died completely, i was wondering if i can switch it out with a different one? the one i need is expensive, for me at least, but i found one that is cheaper, it's the same thing, the only difference is on mine where it says...
  6. T

no voltage to a/c clutch

welp, after all this time it looks like that relay is the issue again, this time i re soldered everything, still did not want to work, so i just want to replace the entire thing, but they are still very expensive for a match, im wondering, are there interchangeable one's? i see one on ebay that...
  7. T

replacing amp and sub, need advice and some ?'s answered

finally got a new head unit for my 96 EB with the JBL system in it, i have given up trying to get my sub hooked up, for some reason no matter what i do i can not get the remote amp thing to turn on, and i have followed every post about it on here....with that said, im going to get a new amp, i...
  8. T

aftermarket radio with jbl subwoofer??

ok, i got the metra 70-5601 wiring harness, stereo comes tomorrow, anyways my problem is, it did not come with wiring codes, no labels, nothing, just the connectors and lots of wires, so i have no clue which wires are supposed to go where, and i have spent hours looking online for the labels for...
  9. T

well i was mainly using that as a base of what i would like, im more interested in knowing how to keep the use of my sub
  10. T

ok im wanting to replace my original stereo with an after marker unit due to i want a aux port for my phone...now i've tried looking for info on this but have come up with nothing, i want to be able to keep using my subwoofer on my JBL system, but not sure which connectors will let me do it...
  11. T

Why won't new stereo work with speakers?? PLEASE HELP!

so just curious, which one of those harness's be the right one for me in order to keep using my subwoofer? i have the jbl system and im looking to get a head unit that has an aux port on it that's cheap like this one on ebay...
  12. T

96 EB subwoofer not working

speaker is blown, no nothing across the terminals
  13. T

ok so, there was this foam ring covering up the screws, i didn't even have to take the big plastic thing off of the truck grrrr and of course no other info on the speaker, so it does not say how many ohm's it is
  14. T

i will put up pics tomorrow of it, but i actually did remove the entire plastic housing, and i can not find bolts screws or clips to remove to take the stupid thing out, its really weird
  15. T

ok here is the number for my amp f57f-18c808-aa and can anyone suggest a way to get the speaker out? i've removed every screw and bolt i can find, but it wont pop open for me to pull the speaker out
  16. T

just curious, does it matter if its 4 or 8 ohm's? the wright up didn't really say, but it was good info thanks
  17. T

this looks to be the best way to go, im not looking for anything fancy, just something to replace back there http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyramid-Pro-WH68-1-Way-6-5-Car-Subwoofer-200-Watt-High-Power-8-Ohm-/141485364146?pt=Car_Subwoofers_Enclosures&hash=item20f12f53b2
  18. T

ok i will check it tomorrow with the dc mv and post what it says i've read up on other post's and i believe that what i have is a 6.5 inch 8 ohm speaker, but im not sure on the wattage, does it matter? i see some that are 200, with 100 rms and some say 600?
  19. T

ok so if i am reading this correct, switch my meter to dc and measure at the sub output? i did hook up another speaker to it just to make 100% sure i had a bad speaker and sound came out of that one
  20. T

yes, blown speaker, how or why i have no idea, i never blast my sound on my truck, just kind of weird, now to replace it, any idea what size it is and wattage or whatever? i've never actually bought a speaker before lol
  21. T

yes i knew what you wanted, i just put those there to show what i had, because the few post's i've read they post pics of the head unit to show if there's a button or not for the subwoofer, i will be taking more pics tomorrow, and it looks like i fixed the issue with the pics
  22. T

ok i think those were way toooooo big...
  23. T

ok i think i got it
  24. T

i will pop it open tomorrow and have a look, i already have a few pics of what i do have, but i do not know which image host to use
  25. T

so i've heard, but i'd like to make sure that's the problem before i replace it
Back