Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

Chrome rims

yes, but is it normal i heard about that but is the slight rust normal? The part im particularly concerned about is the missing chrome plate on the inner lip of one of the wheels.
  2. R

Chrome rims

Hey i just bought some rims and they have a little bit of rust on the inside of the wheel. Is this normal? Also, there is some chrome plate missing from the lip of the rim that would be on the inside of the car when mounted. What should i do? Thanks
  3. R

acorn lugs

Hey i have a question for you guys. Would it be better to use regular acorn style lug nuts or the acorn bulge style. They are the gorilla lugs. What is the big difference in terms of function? Thanks for the help.
  4. R

Drag Strip Legal?

Hey guys I was just wondering if an explorer is legal on drag strips. I know Troll drag races but I was wondering if you have to do anything special to your car to make it legal? The reason why is i want to race my friend and his v6 firebird because i beat him on the street but he won't admit...
  5. R

squeaks at front joints

Hey guys, i was just wondering if anybody knows where a squeak around the front wheel joints would be and how to fix it. Most of the time it just happens when i move the steering wheel through a certain spot. Other times it will chirp going over bumps. Thanks for the help.
  6. R

Flowmaster Resonating Bad

thats what i wanted i actually wanted that as my first choice but the shop couldn't seem to find one and at the time i didn't think it would be much louder but i was wrong.
  7. R

resonator Will a resonator distort the sound of the muffler? I still love the way it sounds and im only trying to get rid of that horrible sound at 2500 rpm. Some have said that a resonator would distort the sound and i want to keep the rumbly sound i have. Thanks
  8. R

oh its the 4.0sohc
  9. R

exhaust setup its a flowmaster 40 series delta, single 2.5 inch pipe out back. The tip is a 2.5 inch chrome one. I think the reason why the tip is rusting is because one of the guys at the shop made the end of it bigger so it would fit over the 2.5inch pipe and doing that caused the chrome...
  10. R

hey i got a flowmaster installed and when i get around 2500 rpms i get horrible resonance inside my explorer. Is there anyway to fix this? Do you guys think a bigger tip might change the sound and thus get rid of the resonating? Oh ya, and the piece of crap tip i got is rusting after about a...
  11. R

exhaust trouble

hey i just got a new flowmaster 40 series and it sounds beautiful for a little while, but once the engine is nice and warm the exhaust starts to send nasty vibrating bass notes into my car and it sucks. Can anybody explain why it would do this? Thanks
  12. R

Exhaust tip purpose

Does a tip only have an aesthetic purpose or will it affect the sound. I have been told by some people to get a tip slightly bigger than the piping and i am curious why that is. Thanks for the help.
  13. R

Shops That Mandrel Bend Pipes

thanks i appreciate it
  14. R

99 sport B&A

wrong link sorry that was the wrong link. Try this one http://sounddomain.com/id/rob41185
  15. R

99 sport B&A

This is my 99 explorer sport 2wd. This is my very first car and I hope you guys like it. Here it ishttp://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages/id/rob41185
  16. R

what guys that sounds great, but i dont see the name of these guys. Thanks for the help.
  17. R

Force 2 on a 99 2door?

i dont think they make a flowmaster force 2 kit for the 99 explorers, but i know they make it for the older 96 ones. Would there be any way to make it fit on a 99?
  18. R

Does Anybody know of a place that mandrel bends pipes somewhere near the upstate South Carolina Area?
  19. R

ripping out interior

hey i was just curious about how you take out the panels around the rear speakers and how to go about basically stripping the interior for some sound deadening. If anybody has info or a link to a site that has pictures and procedures, let me know. Thanks
  20. R

Small bubbles in tint

payment i paid with credit card. My parents didn't think that they could get a refund for a hair in the window but now that it's getting worse we shall see. I'll take it in and do what you said loudenmire only i'll bring my dad with me so i wont just be "some damn whiny kid".
  21. R

busted shock?

hey guys i have a sort of sqeaky rattlling coming from my front passenger wheelwell or somewhere around there and i have reason to believe its the shock. it happens mostly when i go over bumps and things. Hopefully you guys know the sound i'm describing and can help me out. Thanks
  22. R

Small bubbles in tint

warranty oh it has a warranty, but the guys working there were just lazy and didn't want to fix it
  23. R

Small bubbles in tint

tint unlimited in anderson Well the reason i came to this place is because 5 of the guys i work with had it done there and they were happy with it so i decided i'd give it a try. They didn't do anything up to the standards that i would have liked.
  24. R

Small bubbles in tint

Well, a few months ago i got my windows tinted and they left a piece of wrapper in there. I took it back the next day and they left a hair in it and some hard glue. They tried to tell me the hair would go away and i was kinda pissed. Now the tint is starting to get small bubbles along the...
  25. R

EXHAUST SOUND COLLECTION

hey i just found a site that is pretty good and has a bunch of exhaust sounds from various cars including explorers. Check it out and add your sounds if you have em so everybody can find them easily. The site is Dead Link Removed
Back