Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. jordan23

Explorer Forum License Plate Frames !!!

Money sent for 2!! (and a pm) jordan23
  2. jordan23

Best Muffler for SOHC

I have a Magnaflow on my 01 Sport 4x4...buddy owns a Midas and hooked me up. I think it sounds GREAT!
  3. jordan23

Satellite Radio - who's got it?

I have Sirius and I must say, it's great! I have 4 radios on my account (not all mine) so I'm only paying like $8 a month (if that). :)
  4. jordan23

Newbie. Bad gas mileage.

I have the 01 Sport 4x4 with a few "extras" that weigh the vehicle down. I was very disappointed with the 15-17 mpg I was getting, so I got an open air intake as well as the Flowmaster. I usually use Seafoam 2 to 3 times a year. I did some other suspension mods which I doubt helped with...
  5. jordan23

Scanguage and transmission question

No, I haven't gotten any indication that the tranny is on it's way out--other than it doesn't feel as "tight" during shifts as it used to. My problem is about 2 weeks ago I had the fluid drained and replaced. After I had that done, I was looking around on the board and reading all these...
  6. jordan23

Scanguage and transmission question

Can the Scangauge read trouble codes as they relate to the transmission? I have never seen a code come up on my gauge, I was just curious to know whether it could read them. Thanks Jordan23
  7. jordan23

Tinted

I'm in Wisconsin and I have 20% from Eclipse Window Tinting in Madison. It looks good on a black truck (would have liked darker...but didn't want "hassles"). I've never been bothered by 5-0!
  8. jordan23

what to you guy think about lanzar

i have a 1200D that has been running like a top on my DD 3512 for years. For the first 2 years I pounded the **** outta my subs. Then I got bored with that and I only crank it occasionally. Lanzar is a fine amp if you don't plan on pushing it day in and day out. You'll pay less than a...
  9. jordan23

Gps nav question

WORD! Like CPL says...the only 'gotcha' would be if you had a touchscreen--and needed the 'touchscreen functionality' with the GPS. You would NOT get that without a unit made for your touchscreen. Other than that--you'd get everything else.
  10. jordan23

Am I getting conned by this installation quote?

Forgot to mention I actually purchased the unit there as well (part of the $600 cost).
  11. jordan23

Am I getting conned by this installation quote?

Perhaps part of the cost is in the "warranty repair" in case it gets fubared. I had my alarm/remote start 2 way pager installed for $600 out the door (years ago) and have been back a couple times to get it tweaked. Eventually the CC that did the install decided not to cover DEI any more so a...
  12. jordan23

Should I go with 5x7's or convert to 6.5's

I wish I would have gone with a 6.5" comp set when I did my install....but I weighed the pros and cons for my setup and it just didn't work. I live in WI and drive an 01 Sport 4x4 (just a little bit less space in the ****pit than a 4 door). It probably would have worked--but I didn't want to...
  13. jordan23

Zaino Z-CS – Application and Initial Impressions

Excellent writeup and I just purchased the Z-TRIP (Zaino triplets). :) Jordan23
  14. jordan23

Ford paint problems

I just spoke to the dealership here in town where I purchased the vehicle (back in 01). The Shop Manager stated that he was waiting for his Zone Rep to return his phone call. We had a snow problem here last week so she was unable to come to the dealership last week. The shop did a full...
  15. jordan23

Ford paint problems

Sorry, have not heard from the dealership yet...I will contact them tonight.
  16. jordan23

Ford paint problems

The dealer that I bought my Ex from just took a look at it and took pictures etc. He's going to get back to me next week with an estimate and "what Ford can do for me..." I'll post here when I find out Jordan23
  17. jordan23

Ford paint problems

Yes!! :(
  18. jordan23

anyone know if these are any good

:doubledrool: ...zzz...
  19. jordan23

Speaker Issues

Bad RCA connections...or bad RCA's altogether perhaps? If it's just the 'front' channel...is your amp (assuming you have one) anywhere that it could be jarred??
  20. jordan23

The Insides of a Computer

Another interesting note...some/or one of the capacitors may be sligtly 'bubbled up'. that is another indication of a system board problem. Very dif###lt to see at first glance but could be there nonetheless.
  21. jordan23

Bama Chips

This is getting frustrating...can someone (who speaks to Doug) please have him contact me (Dan Foster aka Jordan23 on this forum) at michael2323jordan@yahoo.com? Thanks! Jordan23
  22. jordan23

Dyno Tune Results

Yes! I believe I've seen the same special! I'd had to be in the convoy that preceeded the rule of spacing the trucks miles apart, however!! :o
  23. jordan23

Dyno Tune Results

:D California...Florida??! Living in Northern Wisconsin growin up...driving on ice was commonplace! They actually built a road across the Chequamegon Bay (Lake Superior) from Ashland to Washburn/Bayfield...cuts the driving time in 1/2! Jordan23
  24. jordan23

Bama Chips

Interestingly enough, I've attempted to contact BamaChips multiple ways, and have recieved NO REPLY from them. This has been going on for over a month now. I've even gone to the website (multiple times) and filled out their little form. Jordan23
  25. jordan23

oil pressure gauge ?

...it's the sending unit...they are garbage. I've had mine replaced twice on an 01 Sport. I have yet to get a 'real' oil pressure guage--but I plan to! Good Luck!
Back