Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Please welcome - The Ford IVT Team

Hi everyone, I realize this is a 2011 forum but since it's regarding In-Vehicle Technology I thought nobody would mind my question. I own a 2010 EB with SYNC/Nav. Why have there been no updates to the software for the 09/10 years? Will there be? Checking the SyncMyRide website there is...
  2. M

Quick HID question

That or there are digital CANBUS ballasts that "fool" the computer into thinking everything is ok
  3. M

**NEW HID Vendor** Testers Wanted!

Are the 55w HID's too hot for the driving light housings? Do you have H13 bi-xenon's? What about the CANBUS feedback? Do the digital ballasts have the ability to effectively "cancel" the error codes by fooling the system? Thanks
  4. M

Quick HID question

Would appreciate anyone's opinion on this. Going to change the headlights and foglights on my 2010 EB to HID's Was going to put 55w HID's in the headlights. Was also going to put 55w HID's in the foglights but wondering if the 55w ones will be too hot for the housing and melt it. Woould I...
  5. M

HELP no lights..........

You said all the dome lights are working. I need to ask about your map lights. If you are in the car with the doors closed are you able to turn on/off the map lights with the map light switches?? If not are you able to turn them on with the switch on the dash that controls the intensity of...
  6. M

2010 Front End Shudder

jwright4, Sounds like you are experiencing the same thing that I am. Haven't noticed it when it's in park but definitely when in gear and yes it's when the steering wheel is turned almost to its limit. Have 2 trains of thought on this. The first, like I mentioned, is the Auto 4wd is seeing...
  7. M

2010 Front End Shudder

Thanks but I know that it isn't in 4wd. I have the 4 auto /high/low and it's not activated. This being my 4th explorer i"m familiar with the binding that you are referring to when the 4wd is engaged and what I'm experiencing isn't anything like that. One theory that I have come up with is...
  8. M

2010 Front End Shudder

Hi everyone, been a member a long time and only posted once but now have a question...more like wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what (if anything) caused it or was found to cause it. 2010 Ediie Bauer 4.0L SOHC..Limited Slip Diff. When tight turning at low speeds (either...
  9. M

E85 for the 2005 4.0 V6 Explorer

E85 and the 4.0 SOHC V6 Hi everyone, just kind of ran across the ExplorerForum and saw this thread regarding E85. I'm on my 3rd Eddie Bauer Explorer (1st was an '89, 2nd was a '98 and now this one) I got my '05 back in June of this year. Bought it used with 23,000 miles on it. It has the...
Back