Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Z

RPM Limiter?

Possibly - for a while anyway. Then you'd get to see your connecting rods in the sunlight too. HA! That's always fun.
  2. Z

RPM Limiter?

That's the IDD (Idiot Detection Device). It senses when someone is trying to rev the engine to within an inch of its life without a load and mercifully saves them lots of money.
  3. Z

Power Washing the Engine Compartment

I've used the local high pressure car wash on mine (always hot and running) countless times. I'm currently at 213,000 miles and never had a problem. Use a little common sense when spraying electrical components and you'll be fine. Using a high pressure steam cleaner might pose a bigger problem...
  4. Z

Max speed is limited to 160 km/h

The speed limiter is there so that the EMS people can recognize that you were once a human and not a bag of meat from the grocery store when you roll it into a ball on the interstate. It's a public service. :D
  5. Z

Towing 1500lb this weekend

Perfect advice.
  6. Z

2000 Explorer Milestone - 200,000 miles!

UPDATE: Rolled 208000 miles yesterday and still no drama. I'm loving it!
  7. Z

The OHV 4.0 has surprised me. I still use no oil between 5000 mile oil/filter changes (I'm sure it HAS to be using some, but the stick still reads right at the full mark). Of course, it's not screaming powerhouse, but it sounds like a low mileage engine and has given no trouble at all. I spend a...
  8. Z

thank you

That's pretty cool. I've solved a few issues here. I read a lot more than I post here.
  9. Z

Thanks everybody. I keep it clean and maintained. It's running like it had 50K on it. I hope to get at least another 50K out of it before anything major goes away! I'm about to do round two of some suspension stuff, but nothing major. Shocks, a pair of ball joints. I think she deserves it.
  10. Z

My trusty 2000 Explorer work sled has now rolled 200,000 miles! All I've done other than maintenance is a transmission at 145K because the old one started leaking fluid. Original alternator, water pump, starter, engine, radiator, etc. I still get 20.5 mpg per tank and the darn thing is still...
  11. Z

Sway Bar Bushing Replacement

Yeah. Don't over tighten them or they will wear out very quickly. The link needs to be able to move.
  12. Z

Nooby says hi

Hi.
  13. Z

Yo Tom!
  14. Z

4.0 v6 mpg..

I think you are right about them working harder... but mine has been totally reliable. I'm at 190K now and I'd drive it anywhere. I love the 4.0.
  15. Z

4.0 v6 mpg..

My experience has been that the sixes don't get much different mileage than the V8s. My 2WD 4.0 gets 15-18. Not a lot you can do to change that.
  16. Z

Rack and pinion

I agree. Swapping in a rebuilt unit is your best bet.
  17. Z

Need help w/ exterior trim

Salvage yards are full of Explorers from the Cash for Clunker program. That's where I'd be headed.
  18. Z

Screwing through sheetmetal...

Steel rivets would work just fine. That way you wouldn't have to drop a headliner... just have to be careful drilling.
  19. Z

Highest / Lowest Mileage

2000 XLS 2WD - 190,776 miles currently. I still put about 300 miles a day on it. Running great!
  20. Z

2000 Explorer AWD

And welcome again. (since the Q has been addressed)
  21. Z

Help on Blacking out my explorer

Hey Bog... that split two color scheme looks really good but that hood thing is a tad unusual...
  22. Z

roccov12345's 98 Mounty Restoration Thread.

It looks fantastic! I love everything you did to it except for the white center posts. Very nice work. :thumbsup:
  23. Z

Sway Bar Bushing Replacement

Really helpful post. Nicely done and explained. Thanks for taking the time to do it.
  24. Z

Ford Taurus, ,, Y?

Not really so sure why the Taurus gets knock about so much. I've put over 100K on my company cars (2000 and now 2007 models) and they have been rock solid reliable safe and quiet cars without issue. I know there are more exciting vehicles out there but they do their job pretty well. I would...
  25. Z

My SOON to be 04 EX Eddie Bauer V8

Looks like you are one lucky kid! (everybody is a kid that is younger than me) That's a nice ride. Be smart and don't trash it. Your mom will be proud and you won't be walking... Keep us posted!
Back