1. M

Let's see, what can I powdercoat today?

It's not the shot that kills you, it's the fall
  2. M

How To: Replacing Upper Ball Joints on a 3rd Gen 4x4 [Pictures]

Not sure if it's been posted but the control arm bolts on my 04 were 21mm
  3. M

Liftgate glass hinges on an '04

OK, just had to do this. Hinges were $72 from Ford and they were in stock - Hmmmmm, I wonder why..... Total time was about an hour to fix EXCEPT my washers where rotten and cracked. The kit doesn't come with new washers so back to the dealer hoping they have them. The parts guy didn't even have...
  4. M

'04 liftgate glass adjustment

OK, just had to do this. Hinges were $72 from Ford and they were in stock - Hmmmmm, I wonder why..... Total time was about an hour to fix EXCEPT my washers where rotten and cracked. The kit doesn't come with new washers so back to the dealer hoping they have them. The parts guy didn't even have...
  5. M

How to: How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

The balljoints are a piece of cake. I live in the salt capital(NY) and find these pretty easy. The problem is dirty corroded threads on the control arms binding the nut. The trick is to clean off the bolt threads on the control arm with a wire wheel. A Dremmel works best. Then soak with PB...
  6. M

04 Explorer XLS change oil light...where is it?

LOL, I was reading this hoping you weren't going to say you haven't changed your oil in 1.5 years!
  7. M

2005 Ford Explorer XLT - which oil

http://www.uncleedsoil.com/services-products/full-service-oil-change/high-mileage/
  8. M

need to remove fan clutch assy...

I used one of these on my old Blazer. Haven't had the need to try it on any others but I don't see why it wouldn't work. http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-31170-10-Inch-Basin-Wrench/dp/B001HWJ6ZA Worked like a charm for me.
  9. M

Idea For... Roof Rack/Homemade Roof Basket

Very nice. Any idea what that weighs?
  10. M

New here,Roof mounted light bar

Nice job. Do you get any wind noise with them?
  11. M

2005 Ford Explorer XLT - which oil

Yea, I'd say you got burned. Any reason you didn't do it yourself?
  12. M

2003 Explorer Emergency

Never experienced a misfire in my Ex but I did in our Subaru. The CEL would flash and not retain a code. A Subie tech said the flashing light was a misfire warning and codes aren't necessarily stored. I did have a flashing CEL in my Ex once and it ended up being my alternator. Took it to a shop...
  13. M

Removing 3rd row for fully functional storage comparment PROJECT!

Interested. Been wanting to do something like this too.
  14. M

POLL: What color to powder coat lift

Yellow with a starlight or similar clear. There's no way that would look like a kid owns it.
  15. M

POLL: What color to powder coat lift

Yellow! Show off your bits!!
  16. M

fog lights are smoked

Link to this seller?
  17. M

clear vs amber and plastic vs metal

A little personal experience. I live in the snow belt of NY and prefer the yellow lights over white. I used to work nights and had a set of white and a set of yellow lights on my car. Long story short - white lights on= zero visibility, Yellow only = 100% visibility. No this isn't scientific in...
  18. M

vibration is driving me nuts!

Alignments don't cause or cure vibrations. Sounds much like a bad wheel bearing. I've had them go bad and couldn't find any play in the wheels. The hum is the key. My front one has been driving me nuts - I really need to get on that.
  19. M

Gas Gauge decided to stop working today Yea for me!

Mine has done this before. Hasn't happened to me in a while but it usually takes a day or so before it levels out.
  20. M

code issue

P1120 Throttle Position Sensor out of range
  21. M

How to: Install a Class III Hitch

Great. Glad I could be of help!
  22. M

hitting animals and insurance

We've hit 4 deer, a turkey, duck(it didn't) several rabbits and countless birds. Life in the country.
  23. M

Two hitches

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=292168
Back