Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Whats your trucks story?

My very first Explorer was a 1994 XLT that I bought cheap ($1000). Took me a while because I only wanted the manual. It needed a brake line. It was a nice unmolested Explorer with 141k on her. After getting the title, I discover the PO was the original owner who bought it new from the dealership...
  2. B

Wanting to get a 95-01 not sure what year..help?

I have what you're just looking for...the best of best! See my F/S thread: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237401
  3. B

What are these spark plugs telling me?

Plugs look normal to me. Your engine is in good shape! Regarding 2 & 3 smelling like raw gas may indicate rich A/F mix - does it throw any codes?
  4. B

Rear window washer?

Check the hose that goes to the rear sprayer? Check the nozzle head? Maybe it's clogged. Take a pin to the opening and poke it.
  5. B

Discount code for rock auto

I haven't gotten any since Nov '08. Last order was three weeks ago.
  6. B

Which Explorer trim levels have locking glove boxes?

Even my '00 LIMITED does not have a locking glove box. Probably phased out when they changed over to the 2nd gen? My old '94 had one, albeit it's like putting a padlock on swiss cheese.
  7. B

Heat Is Too Cool, Gauge Jumps Around

You probably didn't install the thermostat correctly. If it's indeed a Motorcraft thermostat, the hole on the thermostat must be lined up with the gap in the thermostat housing at 12 o'clock. If it works, live with the fluctuating gauge until it drives you crazy enough to reseat it!
  8. B

5.0 - Auto/4Hi/4Lo???

No 302 came with the 4x4. Period. It's either 2WD or AWD. The late 2WDs are more rare than the AWD. How about a super-nice 5.0L AWD in its luxurious Limited trim? http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=237401 :D
  9. B

Radiator cap leaking?

Welp, took it home from the shop today. They pressured test and looked all over the places, and there was nothing wrong with it. Pressure test passed, no exhaust in coolant. The cap was the problem after all. The new one [a Stant,yech] was much tighter & stiffer than the old one. Weird. In my...
  10. B

Radiator cap leaking?

BTW: What is the original recommendation for the coolant? Is it the old fashioned green stuff or the Ford yellow G05?
  11. B

Radiator cap leaking?

Oh, no...it is coming out of the cap, all right. The radiator, although plastic, seems to be crack-free around the neck. The cap is the original Motorcraft. I think this is what a neglected piss-yellow G05 looks like? If it's a cracked head, how long will it take to build up pressure for it to...
  12. B

Radiator cap leaking?

:confused: I think there's something blocking something in the cooling system. I couldn't duplicate the problem by putting pressure on the upper hose. More volume of coolant spews out the cap now, and I felt the hoses after running it for a minute [from dead cold motor] the upper hose got...
  13. B

Lets hear it! Vote on raised letters in or out?

White letters look great on all stock wheels. What kinda tires are you getting, anyway?
  14. B

trailer wiring?

Why didn't you just plug it in instead of botching the wiring? :confused: Or buy an OEM harness, it comes with a cool clip that fastens to the bumper.
  15. B

Radiator cap leaking?

I have a strange problem that i haven't seen before. The radiator cap is letting coolant seep out the filler neck. I looked at the cap, and it seems OK. I haven't tested much at this point. What I've found so far is that the upper hose gets pressurized when the engine is getting warm. I...
  16. B

Price of Labor

A good shop I know charges $98/hr... :eek:
  17. B

Best Plugs, Shocks,etc....for '97 explorer

Congrats on the purchase. It sounds like you'll keep it for a long time. I'm in agreement with other regarding Fram filters. They are pure junk. You will hear strange engine noises upon start-up if you use a Fram oil filter like I did...enough for me to avoid 'em like the plauge. I use Mobil 1...
  18. B

time for new shocks

Not anymore...thought my '00 with 70k was the only one. :eek: As for the shock choice...well, I'll just echo the Blisten guy.
  19. B

So say a '69 Mach 1 with white letters tires, has old man written all over it? Nah...:p:
  20. B

Opinions on ventshades?

I bought my Explorer with these already installed by a previous owner. I never cared much for ventshades. But after having the Explorer, I find them useful. And they makes the Explorer look mean. :D My setup:
  21. B

Thinkin of gettin a 2nd gen

My first Explorer was a 1st gen, a 94 XLT 4wd 5spd. Then I bought a '00 5.0L/4W70 AWD. I'll add my tidbit. 1) The rears do; the front don't due to IFS. 2nd gens have a mini shock on the rear axle. 2) No hubs like everyone else said. 3) It's a vital factor in the famous tire fisaco. But the damn...
  22. B

Yup. They were the dealer's pics, too. :o Chrome bars and raised white letters...mmm
  23. B

I LOVE OWL tires! Mine:
  24. B

A tale of two Eddie Bauers

Looks good. Need some polishin', that's for sure. Wow, I like the interior...it has more woodgrain trim than my '00 Limited does!
  25. B

-Your Explorer-

1. Which Explorer do you own (year, trim, engine, drive)? 2000 Limited 5.0L/302 AWD 2. How much did you pay for your Explorer? $9000 3. How many miles did it have when you purchased it? 77,400 4. How many miles does it have now? 77,800 --- After looking at few other replies, I may have...
Back