Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

UGH! At my wits end here!

I still haven't figured out what is wrong with her. I talked to my mechanic guy that did the diagnostic testing and he told me to bring her in and he will test again at no charge since I've replaced the part and keep getting the same results. He's going to have his buddy at Ford send him a MAF...
  2. T

Autozone can't test mine because it's not a '95 or newer and I've already had TWO diagnostics run on it ($50 & $90). The last guy said he did test the O2 sensor and it's in good shape. Guess I'll change the air filter and mark that off the list.
  3. T

Changed out the plugs and wires back in October when this whole mess started. Haven't changed the air filter in a while though. Do you think that would trip up the sensor? My aunt thinks there's a fuse somewhere that's trippin. We checked the fuse box under the hood, but my friend said...
  4. T

My 93 EX is giving me problems. I love her to death but dammit what is wrong with her?! Since October I have been having gas/loss of any umphf. I have replaced the MAF THREE FREAKING TIMES because everytime I take her in to get a diagnostic done that's what they say is wrong. Other than...
  5. T

rip betty 178,501.75 miles

Dan...YIKES...no seat belt!! *shame shame* Glad you and the lil bro are ok though. Thanks for sharing your pics. RIP to your EX!
  6. T

Feels kinda sluggish HELP!

Driving the EX home from work the other day (less than 2 miles!) and turned the corner and *bam* felt like I lost all pressure. Pushed the gas all the way to the floor and it was basically crawling. Engine light didn't come on immediately, came on about 2 minutes later. Got to the light...all...
  7. T

Exhaust leak

**UPDATE....UPDATE*** Took it in today....dreading the drive to the place wondering how much money I'm going to have to shell out to fix this. WELL....looks like all I need is a new muffler and tailpipe! He said it was rusted from the inside out!! :D I'm actually all smiles now. There was...
  8. T

Exhaust leak

Yes, this is more of what I expereince. What is the fix for this? Costs? Is my best bet to take it to and exhaust/muffler shop or what?
  9. T

Exhaust leak

Mark this is exactly what we are thinking. If it is this then what needs to be done? Are there gaskets to be replaced?
  10. T

Exhaust leak

Well that stinks if that were true. But he's not the only one who's said it might be a gasket. Ughhh...now I'm confused. I did notice that it only started after my dad and I put on a new transmission if that makes any difference. Ideas?
  11. T

Exhaust leak

Hey guys! Yes it was the emissions test that I failed. The only thing the list says is exhaust....nothing specific. I think that's a way to get more money out of you because I'm sure they charge you a different fee to tell you exactly what the problem is LOL. I did talk to a friend who use...
  12. T

Exhaust leak

My EX wouldn't pass inspection today because they say I have an exhaust leak. He wasn't 100% sure but he thought it was (at?) the intake manifold. He said if that was it that I would need a new intake manifold? True? Or could it just be a gasket issue? I so hate trying to be ripped off...
  13. T

How much should this cost?

Oh snap I never thought of that. I'll have to see if I can get that done this weekend. Thanks!!
  14. T

Thanks guys!:salute: I got the hookup for another MAF ( :D ), but until then I have the "cleaned" version. I will be driving it tonight to see how it's working. It was cleaned on Saturday and after a slow start it seemed to be back to normal. Same thing on Sunday. Should it be an instant...
  15. T

Power Window Bushing Replacement

Ummm....will you come and fix mine please??? Excellent instructions...thanks!!
  16. T

How to: 1992 Power Window Bushing Replacement

Ummm....will you come and fix mine please??? Excellent instructions...thanks!!
  17. T

I did watch him but I doubt I could do it on my own. Question....I just went to drive it to the store...and it started doing it again for about a minute...til I got down the street...then it started working fine. Do you think it's because it's still trying to get all the nasty out of it's...
  18. T

OK fellas....a friend of a friend cleaned it out. It blew smoke at first (it's never done that before) but all seems to be going well. He drove it up and down the street a few times then I took it for a spin around the block. Seemed like it was back to normal. Now if I can just not be...
  19. T

I don't think the exhaust has anything to do with the muffler/tailpipe. It comes more from under the engine then from the back of the EX if that makes any sense. To me it only sounds louder from the inside then it does from the outside. But again...it's a '93...she ain't a youngin.
  20. T

Thanks guys! Geez...I had no idea I could fix that MAF myself....they made it sound like such a huge job. Plus...I figured you needed all kinds of special tools and stuff. Might have to ask my friend if he will roll up his sleeves again and help me out. As for the exhaust. It's been like...
  21. T

Finally took in my EX and had a diagnostic test ran. They said I needed to replace my mass air flow sensor then run other tests to see if anything else needs to be replaced (other sensors) because they can't tell until after that is replaced if anything else is failing. They also said it needs...
  22. T

Oops.

I saw that MrPhil! That might have to be my Christmas present to myself LOL. I'm the only one in my car so I could care less about a two toned door....but then I am a girl....so LOL. Now...if the other problems I'm having were this easily fixable. UGH!
  23. T

Oops.

OMG....mine did the same thing about a month ago! Same year and color as yours LOL! I was going to start looking for a door panel myself. Only it wasn't just the handle for me....the plastic cracked where the screws are above the open handle too. It's that common huh....well I'll be dang!!
  24. T

Bad gasoline?

Right now I only have the slow acceleration. My coworkers have had some of the others like it dieing when they are turning corners etc. With my EX I have had the fuel filter and the injectors cleaned (last week) but it's still acting a little hokey. It's only when you first start it and...
  25. T

Bad gasoline?

Just a question in general because a group of us was talking about it at work. How do you know if you've gotten bad gasoline? What are the symptoms? And what can you do about it? Thanks.
Back