Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Free 4r55e/ 5r55e transmission stuffs

I no longer have any Explorers but still got all new and rebuilt stuffs for 4r55E and 5r55E transmission from tail shaft to bell housings, drivershafts, 2 and 4 wheels drive shafts and housing, 4 packages of new seals and gaskets, no clutches material, 4 or 5 valve body with solenoids, thrust...
  2. D

Ex won't start, code 542, is it fuel pump?

You can cut out a door under the rear seat while the tank is removed for fuel pump replacement. That way in the future you can replace the pump without removing tank or get under the truck.
  3. D

[2000' SOHC] Third fuel pump is broken

I did it once with a Bosch from Advance Auto. Also cut out a door under the seat for it just in case I need to change it out. Been 3 years and never used the handy door yet.
  4. D

Advice on 4.0 ohv transmission

Did it to my 97 Explorer 5 years ago when I pick it up. Transmission never ran right ever since and had to take the tranny apart for rebuild. But on my 95 did the tranny flush and all and been changing tranny fluid every 3-4 years with no issues at all. Maybe it's the Mercon V on the 97? I'm...
  5. D

Install rocker switch for AC compressor clutch

Hi everyone. This what happen on my 97 Eddie Bauer Explorer with EATC. AC went out 2 weeks ago. Picked up new compressor, new accumulator, new orifice tube and new condenser and 6 cans of R134A. After whole day of installing and flushing vacuuming the line dried and charging up the unit with 3...
  6. D

SOHC ac compressor removal thread

Yes you are correct, did it earlier with no issues. Instead the accumulator gave me hell for 4 hours, had to sawall the top hose with the spring clamp lock because it did not budge no matter what and how you pull it. Brought 3 different sets of AC line disconnect kits and none of them helped...
  7. D

SOHC ac compressor removal thread

Hi, I see a lot on pre 96 ac compressor removal and install but not on a 97 Sohc and up. I tried to remove my ac compressor on my 97 and see it must be done under the truck. Any advices would be deeply appreciated before I start the project. Bones at 63 is not what it used to be, if it's a...
  8. D

AC blows cold, then warm and cold again!

Hi everyone, wonder if this happened to any of you. 1997 Explorer 4.0 with auto climate set at 66 degree, blows real nice cold air. After 30 minutes of driving, it blow warm air but I did not cut off the air and let it blow warm air for another 10 miles of driving then ice cold air came back on...
  9. D

New blend door actuator trick tool?

This might help the 2nd Gen Explorer out there. Got real angry at the rear screw that's holding the blend door actuator and been playing with it for hours with swell up left hand from cuts and bruises from squeezing in and out of glove compartment area. Grind a 1/4" 8mm to about half inch deep...
  10. D

I had an oops with my pop-up sunroof.

Neighbor got a spare one for 60.00 off his 92 EB which he sold years ago. It was kicking around in his shed. If needed PM will give you his info.
  11. D

5r55e removal HELP

Lubricate both side with PB Blaster and let it sit for a day or so. The left side pipe have to come out, the 95 and 96 tranny can be removed with pipe in place because it had a little more room but the 97 and up that pipe had to be cut or removed. Took me hours on my back to removed that pipe.
  12. D

2nd gen hid retrofit

I'm looking into buying something like this but his website won't give much info's. How much did the complete set cost you?
  13. D

Rear driveshaft 4x4 to 4x2

Hi, will a rear driveshaft off a 97 Ex 4 doors 4x2 fit my 97 Ex 4 doors 4x4? Are they both the same length? Thanks!
  14. D

good remote starter recommendations

I installed new 2 way CodeAlarm on my 97 and used Viper 1 way on my 95 with window module installed 3 years ago. They both hold up well with no issues yet. The Viper was brought used and brought for 30.00 and remotes been tossed and stepped on with no problem. very easy to install on both of them.
  15. D

5R55E bonded gasket TSB update discontinued

I found out what the other parts are except for XL2Z 7L491 AA Plate $7.21, what is this part? Thanks.
  16. D

I'm thinking about ordering the 2000 Ex parts you provided for my 97. Can you tell me what is the first 3 parts? plate, gasket and what is throttle on the 3rd item? Thanks in advance.
  17. D

Thanks for the reply, they said discontinued on all 90's valve body gaskets and plates.:eek:
  18. D

Hi everyone, decided to change my valve body gasket and solenoids since I was having the "clunk" or slight kick in the butt issue every time while approaching stoplight or stop sign. Anyway, went to 2 different Ford dealership to get the bonded gasket separator plate and the blow off valve kit...
  19. D

3rd Gen leather seats installed on 97 EX

Sorry guys but never did took pictures because I thought it was a not do-able or a fail project. I just had to tried it because I've brought the pair of seats close to nothing 50.00 but did a search here and said it can be done but way too much hassle to mess with it. The pass side which was not...
  20. D

My 97 ex: LETS GO!

Very nice ride. What is the purpose of that LED light bar? Is it bright enough to light up the road or is the driving light brighter? I like one too if it's bright enough and I would not mount it where you got it at, idiots around here in the parking lot will back right into it easily.
  21. D

I hear ya, I love those 2nd gen seats with the air bladder and bolsters too. The only problem I had was cannot find any decent 91-2001 leather seat in good condition or matching color. Most of them in the jy are torn or half destroyed and reupholstering them will cost almost 200.00 a seat?:eek...
  22. D

I think it would be a lot easier putting in Excursion seats like a member just did. Sound like he did not do any grinding or cutting, just drill 2 holes or something like that.
  23. D

The 04 back bracket hole that close to the tranny hump sits right on top of gas tank. You can drop tank down slightly and still be able to drill but add a stop collar on drill bit. I got lucky when the drill bit cut through the floor and broke in time when I tried to drill through gas tank...
  24. D

I did mount it on the side of seat but it was very tight and hitting something when you move it. I did not want to mount it on console but really had no choice, that's another pain in the butt job.
Back